Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm payments 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Well said. Imagine if the public servants, who issue these payments, were denied their pay for a month. There would be uproar, and no doubt the media would be all over it like a hot rash.

But when it's farmers, we're told to suck it up, on the basis that we'll get it "eventually".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

If salary is for Friday and not paid till money due to bank error the media is awash with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Sami23

SCEP in amounts due this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Same here, plus the Lime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Same. Bigger amount than expected compared to bdgp from last year.

Is the weighing of calves paid in the scep amount though, or was it a separate payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Yes, you have to the weighing under SCEP

Scep showing due for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Sami23

Only one missing here now is ACRES so hoping that will arrive b4 Santa 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 21,272 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Acres in account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Got a message yesterday to say the last of the entitlements I bought have been transferred to me. I’m guessing it’ll be the new year before I get the payment.

Have 15.5 entitlements now, all bought at different times since 2019 for approx. 2.2 times the value. Had a big fat zero for direct payments before that.

Probably the best investment I’ve made from the finance point of view.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

I've only received the 1st eco payment, no biss, criss or anc yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭eire23

No eco, anc here yet. Got 100% biss and cross in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭grass10

Lime money only no biss,criss,eco,anc yet

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭TheClubMan

Is the BISS payment made up of a number of different schemes?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭TheClubMan

Has anyone received a liming payment having only submitted an application with a receipt while waiting for an invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I see Penalties already for data collection already , had all calves info etc , udder score, teat score and feet and legs score is some balls “yes she has teats , she has four legs and mothering ability she lets the calf suck each year !!”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

This is my first year actively farming since farm transferred from my father and I couldn't believe the situation regarding payments. I never really took much notice of when they came in before as he dealt with them. But like, how can you plan anything? I naively assumed that the payments always came in on the date they were due - that you would be told payment X will be paid on 1st December and it comes in on this date. It just makes it so hard to plan anything.... I wouldnt like to be relying on them as my principle sour of income.

Plan that you'll have most of them by the 1st Jan. That may mean having a draft facility in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Packrat

A fairly astute individual I know told me his strategy for payments recently. Now bear in mind he's one of the few people I know who actually makes money from his sheep.

This is it:

Draw all Basic schemes.

New scheme comes out:

His Advisor: "Are you going in for that"?

Him: "Do I have to do anything for it"?

Advisor: "Yes plant 🌳 or fence whatever"

Him: "Then No."

OR

Advisor: "Not a thing more than what you're already at"

Him: "Then Yes, put me in for it.

It's no bad strategy because by the time the hidden costs of all these additional schemes are added up there isn't much only annoyance out of some of them.

SCEP with a small herd would be a good example.

Acres NPIs unless you're trying to improve the look of the place anyway would be another.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭OrangeBadger

No eco/Acres this year but don't worry guys got the 830 euro bill from the farm advisor for setting up the acres crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,274 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well the only issue with that approach is that he could miss out on some schemes he would have easily done if he was already in the first scheme he decided not to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Stay out of all schemes. Only digging your own grave, I’ve wore the shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Dunedin

I’d say go into every single scheme going. Farming is not profitable enough to ignore anything and judging from the comments here in regard to people waiting for payment, a lot of people very dependent on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Packrat

Yeah, it wouldn't be my approach. I got caught like that before.

It shows you need to read the schemes yourself and understand them as best you can. I ring my advisor 20 times a year to ask about details of upcoming schemes as well as reading everything.

There is some easy money but there's other stuff that's nothing only a headwereck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭50HX

What dies an acres payment show on agfood as?

Is it Eco scheme or Acres, I assume the latter

Absolutely correct. It applies to everything. Whatever your approaching, succession, legal issue, business opportunity, you need to study the subject in detail, as it pertains to you. Do not solely, rely on any 'expert'. What they are offering is their opinion based on their knowledge, which often isn't substantially more than yours. Having taken everything on board, it's your decision at the end of the day.

Tell us more? What happened?

Do you not claim any of the below?

Single farm payment (now known as Biss, criss and eco)

Anc (disadvantage area)

Acres (Glas, reps)

Scep

Nbws/ndws

fodder support

Sheep scheme

lime scheme

organics

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rusheseverywhere

I am in all of those apart from sheep and of all those schemes only ones paid to date anc and biss. Joke of a system if you were a bigger farmer and making money out of it the schemes are a waste of time. Plenty hidden costs too. Take organic worth 20k to me but extra straw, meal and shed requirements worth little enough. Also land quality and fertility goes down in organics. only thing was meant to be guarenteed money.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Suckler Carbon Efficiency Programme showing up for payment now

• Advertisement

I am in most and I am paid on all. But that’s half the problem. Some paid, some not, no one any idea what’s going on.

I think the payments are very easy money for the most part.

Advertisement