Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owed 3K by somebody who refuses to engage

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@[Deleted User], people have offered you some very good advice here. I was one poster who suggested Al-Anon. I'm not sure why you think that is deplorable advice. Do you know what Al-Anon is?

You are living with an alcoholic in your life. From your posts here, you are very much occupied by the alcoholic. You post lengthy, detailed posts about what he does, what he doesn't do, where he gets his money, the fact that you are keeping a close eye on his potential inheritance. You have admitted that you have "with some justification, been accused of harassment". You might only check in here occasionally, but this is consuming a lot of your time and headspace offline.

You post about how you really need this money back (obviously, it's a lot of money, and you have a lot of expenses now) then post about arranging for a fiver a month to be repaid. A fiver a month isn't repaying you. You'd be better off writing it off altogether and not having to have contact with him looking for it. Because a fiver is month is completely useless to you. Unless it is being used in order to keep control of him. To keep tabs on him. To keep him "engaged" as you said.

Your last post seems to indicate that you are not interested in advice from the posters here. All your replies have indicated that. The moderators had been keeping a very close eye on this thread, and the replies. We discussed the fact that you had turned this into a blog rather than seeking advice. But we came to the decision to allow the thread to remain open, because even though you don't realise it, you were actually being given very good advice. As with everything, some advice might be relevant, some might not.

I am going to lock this thread now because it is clear you are not ready to receive well meaning advice. Advice that can actually help you. I'd like to thank all posters who took time to reply. When you are ready, I hope you can look back at this thread and appreciate a lot of the excellent advice you were given.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

I got my €6700 back, initial loan June 2021. major episodes of stagnation. There were times spending went lon other things, as I learned from a mutual connection.

I ended up having to pursue in a way i would much rather not have had to. But do as you need to, and don’t give up on regaining your own money. Don’t ever give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Threads merged to show update from OP and closed again as no further advice requested.

Delighted the issue is resolved for you OP.

All the best

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement