Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is our/ Irish peoples obsession with The Fields Of Athenry song? It's a nice song to sing yes.

Options
  • 23-09-2023 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

But that's about it. Nothing worse when the soccer team or the rare occasion the Rugby team or some other Irish athlete is losing and supporters start to sing this song.

Me I know a few words of it the basic words but could not not sing it to save my life lol.

I think it's a lame song. There is nothing good about it. It was about when everyone was leaving the Country during the Famine yes.

Why we want to remind ourselves of that bad dark time in Irish history and how is that supposed to help a team if its losing?

Post edited by AMKC on

Comments

Advertisement