Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shimano crank recall

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Should have been a full recall of all affected product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I have multiple cranks in the recall batches. Haven’t done anything about getting inspection as seems to take months.
    just keeping a closer eye on them for any dodgy signs.
    Definitely should have been a full recall. Pushing pain down to consumers. Next groupset will not be shimano

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Birka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭JMcL

Unfortunately they're not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Birka

They seem to be handling it better than Shimano in that there's a automatic replacement rather than the dealer messing around with fluids looking for faults. If the dealer doesn't find a fault right now, who's to say that the bonding won't fail after more miles/weather. It would be difficult to have confidence in a crank that falls into the potentially faulty category but passes the test at present. I have two cranksets with the dealer. I was told that both had failed the tests but now apparently one is ok and won't be replaced. I can't in good conscience sell it to anyone either so I'm stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭secman

Called CSS today for an update, bike is in with them exactly 12 weeks, still no update on when I can expect the replacement crankset, 😢 . They have absolutely no intention of putting pressure on Madison UK. Utterly frustrating, and I've 2 winter bikes to go in for inspection, don't want to leave myself short on bikes if I drop them in.

Advertisement