Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 17 - Japan - Suzuka

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Mercedes connection too......would be a good fit. I think Mick got shafted in end end by Haas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Full kit w*nker in the crowd there 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How good is Piastri. Never raced this track before.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Lawson is super impressive in Q1. Great to see. Not good for Daniel though.

It has already been announced that it is Ric and Tsu for next year.

Lawson in reserve.

• Advertisement

I am in awe of Alex Albon and how strong he has come back after the Red Bull stint. Fair play to him. Seems like a decent bloke too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think they may want to consider revisiting that decision. I say that despite the fact that I am a fan of Danny’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Stroll out in Q1 as well. I think Lawson should go to Williams and Mick Schumacher head to Aston Martin.

Danny is well experienced and discussing contracts and exit packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

For such a long circuit, times all very close. Top 5 in Q2 all within about a tenth of a second. Top 10 or 12 within aboit half a second.

Hopefully close again in q3, will be interesting if Max not on the front row, although maybe was saving tyres in q2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

No way will Redbull let Lawson go to Williams.

I think Max just exceeded track limits. On his 1st lap in Q3

5.5g through Spoon corner from Max. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Impressive lap from max.

Leclerc better not bin it and ruin everyone else’s lap.

Unbelievable drive by Max!! Fantastic stuff.

McLaren with a good qualifying session. Second and third.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Verstappen is a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

Wow! What a lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Max seems to go further into turn 1 with the DRS than the others.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Stunning lap from Max - “there you go, 28”. Did he only do 4 laps all qualifying? Another level. 😁😁

Great job from Piastri, Norris and team too.

Perez must be gutted.

right. That was an enjoyable Saturday morning. Now back to sleep for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 -F1-

i believe Pato O'Ward is now eligible for a Super Licence and with McLarens roster full in F1 I wonder if McLaren would be willing to let Williams speak to him. He’s 24 now so time is ticking for him. McLaren need him in F1 soon if Norris gets itchy feet for Redbull in the future.

Do you think Lando would play second fiddle to Max?

No.

That's coming to an end in F1I believe.

Used to be common but only Perez plays that role now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Norris could go to Red Bull to try prove himself against Verstappen but it would be a massive risk as the team is built around Verstappen. If he got well beaten then his value would take a hit. McLaren look to be on the up so I think he will stay there for another year or two and see how it goes.

Norris is contracted until 2025 so has enough time as imo he wouldn’t break his contract.

They are having a good period now which will put his value up, but then again Piastri is not a mile behind.

I was thinking today what would happen if Lando was in the other redbull. I don't believe it is set up that much towards Max to justify the gaps we are continually seeing to Perez.

It is a pity you can't simulate drivers. We won't know, but I believe many of the other drivers Today would be much closer to Max if they were driving the other Redbull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I missed Q1 - was Stroll just crap again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement