Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl in work I fancy....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thats just a polite way of saying that he doesn't know his own job.

There is a reason everybody finds it bizarre that somebody claiming to be a HR rep is asking this question.

Long story short, no you should never swipe right on a girl at your workplace. And hell no a HR rep should not be chasing a new girl that just joined the company. It is dumb behaviour both personally and professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I work in Construction admin and I can tell you there are senior managers who don't know things and look for answers from others it can happen, I do find it bizarre don't get me wrong but in a previous job (Multi national like OP) one of the girls in HR was seeing my co worker, she just wasn't allowed to be involved with him on a professional level and they both had to sign an agreement. I've also seen what happens at xmas parties....It all goes out the window.

As you say, she wasn't allowed to be involved with him on a professional level, something that the OP does claim to be with this employee.

And while nobody knows everything and even senior management need advice sometimes, this is rather a fundamental thing for a HR rep to be asking about. Don't compromise the company is pretty much day one material in HR, inappropriate conduct between employees is one of the major reasons for having HR personnel in the first place. Its why few people believe this is genuine.

A large multi national will have multiple HR staff, if he seeks advice from senior HR they can easily remove him as point of contact, its really not that hard or complicated.

If they find out he is romantically chasing the new starters he is supposed to be responsible for they will remove him alright. From the company.

• Advertisement

Not if he asks his own manager first like I said before.....They can't reprimand him for asking a question.

So your advice is for him to go and ask his boss if he can pursue the girl who just joined the company and who he was supposed to be responsible for?

Because any competent head of HR is going to be absolutely horrified that one of his/her staff even thinks for one minute that any of this is a good idea. And will definitely start to doubt that their staff member knows what his role is supposed to be.

The role of HR is to protect the company against risk. Here we have a HR rep who is opening the company up to risk. That is not likely to end well.

Advertisement