Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

150 L'Or capsules and nespresso machine €70

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone know if the Bellarom pods from lidl work in this machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭ooter

Don't know about lidl but I bought some pods in Aldi last week and they worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gillamandango

Anything that looks like those will work in the machine.

This would be a vast improvement in taste for an extra 10c (in my opinion of course), https://www.kaffekapslen.ie/for-nespresso.html?c2c_brandname=14817

I wouldn't be afraid to spend the price of a takeaway cup of coffee on a sleeve of 10 - again, this brand is nice also - https://www.kaffekapslen.ie/for-nespresso.html?c2c_brandname=14777

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

Extra 10c no brainer. Pods from Lidl are not good at all.

I'd rather spend more to keep my taste buds ok rather than drink muddy water which I can get from the gutter for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Kilteragh

Illy Classico Roast Lungo - pretty much exclusively. Quite often (today for instance) at €4 for 10 in Dunnes. Love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mrperty2011

Mine arrived this week but not working out of the box.. No water flow suspect faulty pump. I finally got through to UK support who said dump it and they would give credit... Have ordered a new one again so hopefully get better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Thanks to the OP for posting this, we had an older Nespresso machine in work which died a death with a lot of pods still left to use up, so this kills that bird with the added bonus of extra coffee, gives me a chance to compare the XL pods to the Tassimo I have at home too, find the normal Nespresso ones way too small for a proper mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

You could always get one on Done Deal for €140 or €99, neither include the 150 free pods.

https://www.donedeal.ie/kitchenappliances-for-sale/lor-barista-sublime-coffee-capsule-machine-by-phi/34813873

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I just ordered this machine. Currently have a Nespresso but I like the flexability of being able to make a larger coffee with this machine.

I've always found L'Or coffee pods to be tasty. They are an offering of the Jacobs Douwe Egberts fold which goes back a long way https://www.jacobsdouweegberts.com/about-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got a box of those Lidl Organic Lungo Crema ones at the weekend, and they are superb.

Perhaps the guy that said they were terribly had tried the ristretto or had a bad box?

The fact they are organic and recyclable in the Compost bin is incredible as Nespresso capsules are notorious for being hard to recycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

There is a Freepost address in Ireland on the L'or website for recycling used pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SmithJames84

It's specifically the organic ones I was referring to.

But everyone has different taste buds so if you try them and end up liking them then that's good. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely.

With that said, Aldi's are also atrocious.

And it's not because they're cheap; I really like some of both Lidl and Aldi's ground coffee beans. They just can't seem to get the nespresso pods right. Utter garbage.

Normally I agree, but the ones I tried over the weekend from Lidl were really surprising.

I'm normally a Nespresso snob too 🤣

Maybe I got lucky with the box or they've modified the recipe in latest batch 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

The Supervalu ones are nice, just watch as I have noticed on the ones i have it leaves a small ring of paper on the craddle

Also the deal has changed, 100 pods and machine is now E99.99 and there is no black machines

You could get the machine for E70 in Supervalu and then they do their pods two pack for E4, so youd get a machine and about 84 pods (worse case if you got all the six pack lungo) for the same price

yeah the deal ended yesterday in the T&Cs ... I prob should have posted, I thought it had been mentioned earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Brilliant piece of machine, Thanks OP

I have Nespresso vertuo, Delonghi and ordered this on old price ( Original pods gives more option to pick better coffee) and 150 capsules included was no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Kilteragh

Ordered it on Saturday and got it yesterday. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Same here. Just to finish off the last dozen Tassimo pods before I open it.

I'm keeping my Dolce Gusto beside the new machine, so that those that require their hot milk cappuccinos from Aldi can still have em!

• Advertisement

Is there any reason to alter the default liquid volume for each of the 3 settings, or better just to leave alone to get the flavour that was intended?

Do the espresso ones taste ok if choosing Lungo all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

No specific reason, but to personalize it to your taste.

Espresso ones, depending on the brand would be ok. I'd try one or two; and if you find it ok to your taste; then do so. If not; there you can customize the default liquid volume for that button.

I, myself prefer a bit more water for espressos; so I changed the water volume in that one; the rest are default for me.

Also, if you prefer to dillute a bit the stronger ones; then it's ok to use lungo for (usually stronger ones are not lungos) those. (Say, intensity 12+).

But, YMMV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Offer is back for Black Friday, amazing deal IMO and it is one of the best machine I have used.

yeah the Double XL Splendente smells so chocolatey

I actually wished I'd taken note of the flavours I liked before I threw the box away, so I know what to order next time.

So far the only ones I remember are "India" and "Double XL Splendente"

I'm the same, only really can remember one was VERY bitter (think was black and gold)

A lot of the time you can guess with the number on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks for the heads up, looks like a nice machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Only got it in operation tonight, just diagrams in the booklet.

How many times are you meant to cycle it without a pod for cleaning it before first coffee?

I pressed the button on right twice.

Or are you meant to use up tank of water sterilising it?

Nah, just run it through once or twice should be good.

Also I tend to run a ristretto of clear water after every shot (and after removing the capsule) as that ensures the taps remain clean.

i.e.

1. Press the espresso button with cup underneath
    2. Open the top to remove the used capsule
    3. With the cup still underneath press the left ristretto button and hot clear water will come out and clean the taps (plus the extra water can take the edge off some of the bitter flavours)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Supervalu 48hr offer from Thursday, probably use the €1.50 off vouchers that came with machine.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to use up your "30% off €30" (first order) and "€20 off €50" (2nd order) vouchers people.

You can't get discounts on already-discounted products (like the Black Friday promos), but you can use those promos to fill up the basket to reach your €30 or €50 levels.

For example my 2nd order I had one of the discounted bundles for €34.95

I then added €19.26 worth of coffee capsules to the basket and used my "€20 off €50" voucher, and price went back down to €34.95 for the lot.

Play around with the various amounts in the basket to hit that right ratio of "free delivery" and "effective amount to trigger discount"

Advertisement