Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

150 L'Or capsules and nespresso machine €70

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭POBox19

I've got one on order, €69.99 for machine with 150 capsules of which 40 are XXL double sized ones. These will keep me going until November and I can still use my existing stock of Nespresso capsules.

Things to note:

1) Sign-up for their Newsletter for 30% discount off the next order, €30 minimum. The deal seems to end on 12.11.2023.

2) Register the machine for €20 off the next order (the order after you take the 30% above) of € 50+ of coffee only. This is valid for 8 weeks after you register the machine.

3) They give 20% off coffee orders of €40 or more and free shipping.

Forgot to mention that they take used capsules back for recycling, 100 minimum to Irish freepost address.

Post edited by POBox19 on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can you get these off the 69.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Are these the old type of nespresso capsules/machine that will take spurious versions like Lidl or Lavazza?

Edit seems to be

They talk a lot about espressos, but surely you can make a big mug of coffee too?

Yes, old generic pods.

Its usually 2 sizes, lungo or espresso. Both of which need hot water if you want a big cup of coffee

• Advertisement

My order arrived within 48 hours of being placed. Complete with the 150 capsules. A taster pack is included with the machine as well. Also included is a selection of discount vouchers for use in selected stores in different markets like Ireland €9 and UK £9.

It is quieter than my old Nespresso machine and an IKEA mug fits under the spouts, the coffee is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Nice deal. Just ordered one for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Got one as a present... along with a frother. Great coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Very little to clean. The water tank lifts off and the front with the used pods just pulls out.

BTW: It will fill a mug in one go and I noticed that it draws electricity when not being used, so I’ve plugged it into a switched socket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Where would you use those vouchers? I cant find "participating retailers" in lorbarista.com , quick search finds tesco and Dunnes selling those XXL pods though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thinking of getting one as bored of my Tassimo and the ever rising of cost of their pods (can't use non Tassimo and refillable pod silly money)

Herself works in SuperValu and said these pods fly out

This is far better than Tassimo, don't mind those milk pods etc. Get a cheap milk frother and one of these and you'll get awesome latte etc. The Lor and Starbucks pods are decent, don't bother with costa/Bewley's/Lavazza as they always seem watery

Post edited by TheDriver on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Great deal, just ordered. There was word on another site that they are going to be phasing out the old style pods, perhaps thats why these are cheap?

That rumour has been peddled for years by nespresso so you'd buy the new ones

You have me sold, thanks for posting the BA 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Got hooked and bought one. Thanks OP

Ordered late last night, shipped already. Fair play for posting OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

L'or ristretto lungo capsules are €7.50 (clubcard price) for box of 40 in Tesco at the moment. If you have a machine, or this one on the way and need to stock up.

Hard to find anything for under €3 per 10 these days.

Must give those SV ones a go when the L'or run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

Refillable plastic pod is currently 11.89 on Temu.

• Advertisement

Thanks but I got this machine (and a cheap milk foamer)

I think it cost me about 35 euro and I have it just under six years, things never break when you want them too

I was in Tesco myself trying too google and see what was was and I didnt want too get 40 of something that was not nice

I think ill do note up an the names of the pods that come with the machine an rate them an then I will know as im sure always be on offer

Looks like Supervalu changed the packaging as just seen this on the site

The Intenese Ristretto was almost sold one in the supervalu I was in

Also dont forget if you have the real rewards for a voucher if you wanted too stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Got one of these on Saturday, only gripe I have with it is when it is discarding the old pod a good bit of water comes with it which means you have to dry the tray each time, if you could manually take out the pod after each use it'd be much better.

Probably smells nice too.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

Unboxed mine today. Excellent value. Thanks @TheDriver

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Would they make a full mug or only espresso size?

Just arrived in D15, ordered Saturday said was out for delivery yesterday but that's DPD for you

• Advertisement

Also that in box with voucher

Advertisement