Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are people's reactions to today's proposed speed limit changes?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This is entirely the point. The general idea is redolent of coming from a committee that resides in greater Dublin and who only have to waddle down the road to catch the Dart. It's cack heavy handed and will have very limited if no impact on serious road accidents. Driving safely, using the roads safely is a matter of attitude and mind and nothing to do with rules like this. Bad law just gets ignored.

Good idea, you’d keep within the limits everywhere as any van could be one. I’m quite sure carpet, plumbing companies etc would be glad to participate in sponsorship 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not sure if he was myself.

However, another pedestrian on the M1 last night/this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It's attitude that needs to change.

I value my licence and drive under the speed limit always. It's just not worth the haßle otherwise.

It doesn't matter what the limit is, there are enough driving that completely ignore any limits. Their arrogance is not going to be contained by mere limits. They're just for the few fools left in their wake.

The speed vans are a complete wadter imo. So manyore manners would be put on drivers of these vans were unmarked and parked in no particular place at random times.

The telling us where these spots are and the bloody can as visible as the sun is a joke and insult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did a bit of driving yesterday, probably 60 or 70km. the sheer impatience on the roads is remarkable; two dangerous overtakes on stretches which were clearly not safe for overtaking on (and one of the motorists turned left off the road a couple of hundred metres later anyway), and another situation where i was pulling out of a premises and a motorist signalling to turn in to it, stopped to let me out - but i didn't take the opportunity because i was waiting to see what the motorist approaching her from behind was going to do - and she ended up leaning on the horn at me and gave me the finger!

• Advertisement
Advertisement