Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah here you all need to leave the Foo Fighters alone 😂, The Foo's deserve better them EP. If RHCP are back in Europe would that not be like 3 years of touring the most recent album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Would be 3rd consecutive summer on that album run. Nothing scheduled after November but an august run with likes of reading/Leeds, pukkelpop, lowlands and EP may be a fitting end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Seconded. Guetta's DJ sets pre 2006 were epic but then he went all EDM and his productions were progressively awful. I'd take the three deck king that is Carl Cox over Monsieur Guetta. Would take Darren Emerson or Tall Paul too for Terminus as both are back at it. Underworld or Chems (new album out now) would draw a good crowd for the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Gotta agree with this. One truly great song in Everlong and a couple of half decent tunes. Any time I've ever seen their gigs on tv he talks for almost as long as they actually play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Foo Fighters have a few great songs. Excellent live. Dave Grohl has that special something that gets the crowd going. His banter is hilarious also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

Judging by the direction Terminus took this year towards the hardcore techno end of the spectrum, neither of those you mentioned will be booked for there.

Mills and Hauff looking pedestrian in comparison to this year's fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

His banter is more pre-programmed than FM104s playlist. I really like the Foos but that got old a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I’ve no issue with the man though, clearly a great guy given the response of fellow musicians, journalists and a friend who’s dealt with him.

They’ll undoubtedly go down very well with most ticket-holders but there’ll be lots of alternative options. It’ll be frustrating for the 29th anniversary if FF, Hozier & Picture This headline. By all measures that’s pretty poor. Give us elderly rabble at least one decent headliner to cling on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Might be a chance of LCD to keep the older crowd happy? I think they'll be around this part of the world next summer. Might also be a chance for them for ATN if they could afford them, and Murphy did a DJ set there this year...

Nothing in the choice of headliners in 2022 and 2023 would point to them booking LCD especially given the price of LCD live show.

• Advertisement

I’d love that. I’d have thought that they’d be too expensive for ATN, their costs for personnel and equipment alone pushing them closer to the €1m mark than €500k. FR may not see them as having sufficient pulling power to outlay that much. I think Malahide their last gig here in 2016. Long overdue a return.

LCD in the same ballpark as Killers, Arctic Monkeys and Tame Impala.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Also given its the 20th anniversary and all, LCD have quite the history with EP, assume FR will actually care about such a thing. I badly need to see them again though! That extra 5k attendees would easily cover LCDs cost aswell 😃

Haha very optimistic on that front.

audience wise not same ballpark.

Any recent lcd show in last few years I was at skewed at least a decade older than audience at the killers, artics, tame impala at EP.

the “youth” don’t seem to have the same affection for lcd as they do for recent 2022/2023.

LCD fee is just about manageable for ATN and no problem for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Just bumping this, I've been onto Ticketmaster and they've passed me onto FR who threw me back onto Ticketmaster. They said they 'might' be removed but I won't be able to find out when...

This year's fare was too heavy for my liking although I can see why 9x9 was booked. They could do a themed night over the weekend (Friday: House, Saturday: Trance, Sunday: Techno) and bring in some of those (older) big names for a fraction of the price and mix it up with the younger blood. A bit of tweaking with the bookings and curation and you could have a hit with Terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

Trance can f*ck off to be quite honest. There's Transmission for that all weekend.

Not sure another evening of house music is required when there's already so much of it around all weekend.

Job one would be to have Terminus properly used. The only time I've seen it full was in the first year for Amilie Lens.

It lies empty for most of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

EP have a post festival questionnaire on their page. Some interesting acts mentioned.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

good mix on it but surely the headliners are already locked.

A very weird list, bunch of them like Coldplay and Taylor already doing massive shows here next year.

and I doubt Stevie wonder going to play stradbally anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Haven't seen the questionnaire, but I guess they are using sample names to profile the audience, rather than book those guests. Who knows, maybe they'll feed it all to an AI engine with access to band availability and the AI engine will curate 2024 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dav09

It's very strange but honestly but a really good list of acts in general, out of the list of acts they mentioned 75% of them seem to be very decent quality acts that cater for a range of music tastes which is actually surprising. Also no mention of the usual Coronas, Hudson Taylor, Gavin James which is fantastic to see, unless its just a given every year. I would say Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, etc are all to help gauge the type of demographic that attend vs actually booking them due to fee.

You have any demographic figures for those shows or just anecdotal feelings? You’ve historically given entirely wrong figures for UK and Irish festival attendance and seemed to lack a statistical grasp on the demographics of festivals until provided with such information.

LCD sold out Malahide on their last visit and can fill an EP headline slot with ease as they have twice before. Eight visits to the fest by Murphy and Mahoney in some or other guise, more of a history there than any act since the fest’s inception and FR would be negligent to disregard that.

Their fee according to their booking agency is between $1m and $1.5m (€930k to €1.4m). ATN have no possibility whatsoever of affording that.

Puzzling with Terminus given the effort made with it. Even Jeff Mills had it only 2/3 full.

I was at those shows. I can see with my own eyes who is attending those acts.

i haven’t given wrong attendance figures for anything. I’ve either given the figures from planning applications or from media reports.

i have a solid grasp of who attends festivals as I’ve been to pretty much all European festivals on multiple occasions.

you have given wrong information in this post about LCD booking fee.

you’ve posted a fake number from a scam website who don’t even represent Lcd soundsystem. So you have zero credibility.

UTA represent lcd in America and WME represent them everywhere else. Neither of these would publicly disclose the booking fee for an act and if you a knew about festival bookings or even concert bookings there is not a set fee. Festivals submit offers to the respective agents and there is then discussions about it including availability, routing, package deals etc.

LCD fee is not between €1m and €1.5m. Malahide wouldn’t have been feasible at that fee. 20,000 x €70 = €1.4m.

lcd soundsystem fee for malahide would of been in the €300,000 - €400,000 range.

this is within the range of ATN as they have paid that for Nick Cave in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

I just seen this, I wonder if their inclusion confirms MBV are touring again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

To me he's always been an incredible drummer but a painfully mediocre singer songwriter, have to give them props for their longevity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I miss the Little Big Tent from a while back, we need an IDM electronic tent, not necessarily Aphex, bigger stages for him but acts like Nathan Fake, Max Cooper, James Holden, Four Tet, Luke Vibert, Kruder and Dorfmiester, Thievery Corporation, Nightmares on Wax, Actress and some of the lesser known Warp and Rephlex acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fortywinks86

Looks like Picture This might be struggling to sell out couple nights in the 3Arena at the moment going by the remaining availability although looks like they've sold well for their SSE Arena gigs. Hopefully this might affect their prospects as potential headliners for future festivals. I know it's been discussed before but I'm surprised they made it as support headliner last year. Going by their monthly steaming numbers they have just over 1million whereas most of the recent headliners are 10mil plus. I know their popular in Ireland but they seem to be second tier act at best!

• Advertisement

Agreed, haven't seen Terminus used properly since it started. It wouldn't be difficult to line-up local talent to play from noon onwards on Saturday and Sunday and have the heavy hitters begin from 18:00. I was at Amelie Lens when she rocked the place: some set. I'd like to see her return and Adam Beyer. B2B would be ideal for a Friday night.

Disagree with you on Trance. Bryan Kearney and Ferry Corsten would be good bookings but hard to see them attracting 8,000 in to fill that tent.

Advertisement