Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Any chance Andre 3000 and Lizzo could turning up as jazz flute duo?

Dueling flutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've a few more flutes I could throw in there, Hank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

She has her standards. Only duets with James Galway.

What chance an EP return for Fever Ray? Touring this year including a July fest in Germany and EOTR two weeks after EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just a heads up Other Voices from yesterday being repeated at 11.05 pm tonight RTE 2, Gurriers, Griff and a few others.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

She played at Body & Soul and Field Day last year, it would be nice if she was added but if you seen her back in 2010 at the Electric Arena its a whole different act, no Nick Cave covers or rockier dubbier stuff from the 2009 group era, I thought the electric guitars and bass added a fairly scrunchy psychedelic sound to the group. But then Karin fell out with her partner, who I presume was the original FR guitarist and the band lost the guitars and bass. Current Fever Ray is all female with live drums, keyboards and I presume samplers and three female vocalists/dancers, one of which is Karin. They're still a fairly interesting act but more a dancier sound now rather than the subliminal rock at the end of the last decade.

Seath did you go to the Knife gig in 2013 at the Electric Arena, that was a mental gig too, a great day, David Byrne and St Vincent played the same tent earlier.

The Knife Electric Picnic 2013.

Fever Ray Electric Picnic 2010.

Fever Ray Field Day 2023.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That Fever Ray set at EP was excellent. Not as good as the previous two times I’d seen her but not Karin’s fault, solely the sheer amount of yappers in the tent who couldn’t give it a rest for an hour to appreciate the beauty of the sounds and aesthetics.

Caught the Knife too. A big crowd of us (circa 11/12) started off watching the Arctic Monkeys but not a single one could handle the drudgery so off we went to the EA. The music by The Knife was great (I much prefer FR though) but it was the dance performance that made it. Art of a type rarely seen at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

Bit of a random one, but reckon enter shikari might be a outside chance of appearing at a festival here this summer. They're doing the festival circuit and posted after the Dublin gigs saying "see you soon"

Be delighted to have them, be a great follow on from Idles last year, big energy. Currently doing pukkelpop on the 17th but no other shows currently announced around it.

Or they're just saying that and won't come here for another 7 years

That would be a big leap for Melvin and co, they're a step further into the alternative than Idles were. Really hope you're right though, that would cerainly be a booking in the right direction.

Cue Fanirish in 5, 4, 3.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

They have a big following in the younger age group too. I personally think there's some chance they go for someone like them, would go great at R&L and could do a group booking, would be a great booking.

I seen Fever Ray last year at B&S but think they're definitely a step too far for EP at this stage, although you'd never know. Out of last years performers from B&S, I could see the Blaze being booked sometime again.

They'd a

They'd a uk number 1 album last year, and I think they're finally at a point they're breaking into arena rock territory. Their newer stuff is a lot more accessible too.

I accept that the headliners at EP are likely to be largely current/upcoming mainstream and commercial successes but would be delighted to see boundaries being pushed around the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Enter Shakiri bring a bit of energy to counter Kahan and his pissweak tunage.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

The cribs announced a gig today. Hopefully turns into a tour or even better an EP appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rockterrain

The Cribs and Enter Shakiri - the dreamers are out! If only they made the bill.

I don’t mean to wind anyone up but I always thought that Enter Shikari were a band for teenage lads. I remember Tony Wilson saying about 17/18 years ago that they were as good as the Sex Pistols and the most exciting new band on the planet. I checked them out and couldn’t work out what he saw. Listened again last night and I still don’t get it. Am I missing something, or they a band you need to see live? Would definitely have a look at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

I did think the same, and also feel a lot of their earlier 'hits' are poor/aged poorly. They have a mixed bag of music overall but do have a lot of good experimental music throughout various projects. They've also matured a lot since the "Sorry You're not a Winner" days, even if you hear the difference in Rou's voice in latest versions of it as well as the general sound of the band on recent albums. https://youtu.be/lf0d7Dcfcew?si=qKSDv6D5xeKbmYpB

Not a band id probably go to see at a solo gig but reckon they'd be great at a festival and good live.

Im not a fan of theirs at all. But any port in a storm folks.

This is it. I got into them when I was 15/16, around the time of their second album and I realise I'm smack bang in the demographic you describe. Up in Dublin on Friday I'd say most people were in my age group, late 20s/early 30s.

Their music has definitely matured, lyrically and sonically. Although still heavily political, its more subtle which in my opinion holds up better. Whilst I enjoy their older stuff, a lad in his 20s screaming about class warfare, capitalism and illegal wars can seem a bit pretentious.

If anyone here does ever get the chance to see them at a festival, I'd strongly recommend it. They're a group that leaves nothing behind on the stage.

I'm going to go back to my dreaming, until Melvin shafts me in a few weeks time rebranding EP into a country music festival

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MickMacca7757

Heard a little rumour that Electric Picnic could be cancelled due to refugees being house on the site at Stradbally , thats the rumour going around Stradbally. Steam Rally Festival held there on the August Bank Holiday weekend. Could be cancelled too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's bollocks, we've already been through it as it's bollocks. Please stop posting bollocks.

It’s one of the numerous lies perpetrated by the far-right crew designed to foster hatred for refugees. Ignore it and don’t buy into their bile.

Relax I know its lies. Didn't long for someone to bite 🎣😂

So why join Boards last week and post this four days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭crl84

Nothing marks someone out as more of a thick than claiming they were just posting something for bites, when it's pretty obvious they believed what they originally posted, due to their own ignorance.

If anything it should be cancelled over the repeated appearances of Smith and Cinnamon, both stealing a living. Not some poor Ukrainians living in a tent for months on end avoiding a war against a barbaric loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Sorry if asked already but I couldn't see it in the last few pages...

Any news on the lineup announcement date? I thought someone mentioned here invites going out for a launch party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement