Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

In the absence of any lineup, and the fact I'm just fed up at this point, I've decided to put together my own little lineup based on rumours and what I'd just like. I think most, if not all are available and I'm fully expecting every one of these suggestions to be slapped down and have the hope brutally beaten out of me, but at least it'll entertain me until such time that our overlord Melvin deems us worthy of information.

Main stage
    LDR, Skrillex, Raye, Dua lipa, Stormzy, Bicep, Echo and the bunnymen

EA
    Pendulum, Enter shikari, Chase & Status, Last dinner party, Johnny Marr

Others
    John Francis flynn, Newdad, Meryl streek ,Everything everything, Alison goldfrapp

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭dav09

Wow if we got that exact lineup I'd never complain about Melvin and Co. ever again having seen nearly all before. Near dream lineup for me, but it probably ain't gonna happen is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

For me Lana Del Ray, Justice, Orbital, Two Door Cinema Club, Dua Lipa, Pendulum, Nia Archives (wouldn't mind her returning or showing up at ATN), New Model Army, The Damned, Fat Freddy's Drop, Inspiral Carpets, Third World, Pop Will Eat Itself among others, taken from the Reading and Leeds and Beautiful Days line ups.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rockterrain

If any truth in Fontaines slipping out the line-up projections are going from bad to worse. Surely there has to be at least one to two bigger pop rock bands in that top 6? Even though the headliners were poor in recent years at least The Killers or Arctic Monkeys gave a tiny bit of balance. If there's not at least one proper group of this calibre it's looking like a new low for headliners. Hoping the ongoing delays means deals are being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yis are all pissin yerselves over unsubstantiated rumours and a non existant line up, can ye at least hold yer whinging till there's something actually to be whinging about, f.ucking weirdos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Musicrules

You wouldn't be whinging about people whinging now would ya? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rockterrain

I don't know if your insult at the end is serious or in jest but either way you could probably do with one of those chill pills you're trying to hand out :) I think it's clear at this point this thread has turned into a supreme whingefest about feck all and most are active participants. I don't know, maybe that's the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Those 3 artist are together simply because they’re all tipped to play, there wasn’t any comparison in calibre.

If the top 6 artists get most of the spend and these are 3/6, it does not seem promising.

I think the issue is our most accurate ITK (which probably isn't saying much) has said LDR, Noah and Gerry are almost definitely 3 of 6 headliners which is the little info we have, along with no press event announcement, etc. With the direction booking policy has been going in recent years it's difficult to be positive, right now but without a whole lot of info, also knowing a lot who are ruled out due to other commitments. I wonder if a couple of big acts that were booked have pulled out, and now they're scrambeling to organise a solid lineup hence the delay (we already know of at least one), I know we've been through this but I can't see why this is taking this long. Anyway it's true, until we have a lineup we should be cautiously optimistic, we really don't know anything and who knows what FR actually have in store for us, in fairness we always get always a good show so hopefully it will stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Invoking the spirit of darzog, I predict Blur to bounce back from their tragic under appreciation by the American yoof at Coachella with a rip-roaring, earth shaking sing along in front of a worshipping crowd of grey haired pot-bellied veterans in the prime Saturday night main stage slot at Ep 2024.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DaSchmo

The Last Dinner Party absolutely smashed it at Coachella yesterday, the live stream has expired on YouTube now but hopefully it resurfaces as the sound quality was top notch. Their calendar appears to be free the weekend of EP so probably pretty likely to make a return to it.

I don't think anyone would complain about Blur or Gorillaz, would be a huge booking in this day an age. Blur as a band are difficult to predict their next steps, could easily be years before they return, Alex from Blur seemed to be more interested in Cheese making that gigging for a few years, they all do their own thing/ priorities.

Justice looked incredible during Coachella playing that new Tame Impala collab, would be a huge coup for EP, they have a gig the same weekend but maybe will be touring with multiple rigs, etc. probably unlikely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I must say, I had a bit of a chuckle reading the reactions to Blur struggling at Coachella. According to most of the comments, Coachella is no longer a serious music festival, it's a jolly for millenials and influencers and primarily about the vibes. I felt like Ebeneezer getting a spin around the town by the ghost of Christmas future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Fanirish

same thing happened to stone roses at Coachella. Both blur and stone roses never broke america and average person going to coachella has limited knowledge of them . Song 2 got a better reaction but that’s height of known blur songs to American audience at a festival.

Snarky Snark Snark

That set list blows a bit compared to the one we had in 2015 but still, the reaction they got seems more than sub optimal.

Crowd not overly enthusiastic. Not a great live performance, Coxon very sloppy on guitar.

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

2 star review for Lana in the Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭crl84

Yeah, I wouldn't be a big Blur fan, and out of 13 tracks there's several I've never heard of/couldn't tell you how they go. 3 off the new album. A few bigger hits left out. **** setlist for a festival, especially Coachella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭LowOdour

i watched the first 20 min of it live on YouTube and thought it was very poor, thought low audio was an issue.

She is absolute bobbins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I went to a lot of gigs last year, and hers in the Point was probably the best. Was excellent. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but she has released some excellent music over the years. Don't think her music suits an outdoor setting but that is the level she is at now

Snarky Snark Snark

Bobbins, absolutely great word, disagree for her but great word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Compilation of speculation:

Maisie peters

Teddy swims

Flo

Catfish

Gerry cinnamon

Lana Del Rey

Noah kahan

Dua Lipa

Kneecap

Hannah Laing

Raye

Renee Rapp

Kenya Grace

Beabadoobee

The Japanese House

And people wonder why there's so much negativity in this thread, I can see two there maybe worth giving a look at. Hoping this is just a wind up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MsMojave

I just hope Charli XCX or someone appears. There was a lack of that area of pop for me in 2023. I tried with Confidence Man and even MUNA hoping it would fill it for me but I wasn’t into them. Had a great time at the bands I went to but needed a Tove Lo / Rina Sawayama / Charli etc.

Ive seen Lana twice. EP and Glasters so I'm not knocking for sake of it - good while ago in both instances will grant you.

• Advertisement

Advertisement