Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MsMojave

Caught them and LDR on the Coachella livestream. Pretty good (seen them both live a few times anyway). Deftones in San Fran on the 17th of August unfortunately.

Chappell Roan was amazing and would love to see her at EP. She’s in Dublin in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

No better than the biggest musician on the planet is quite complimentary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If they could charge us for early access to an announcement they would. They don't do anything unless there's cash in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭antfin

Better and best selling aren't mutually exclusive. There's no accounting for taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I don't think elevating Lana above Gerry Cinnamon or Kahan is a stretch. She mightn't be your cuppa (or mine) but she has longevity, a serious body of work and plenty of headline slots at proper festivals to her name. I have been caught out once or twice, hearing a snatch of a song, liking it, asking who it is and finding out it's her. She has some heft about her. Lana in the top 6 alongside 5 other quality acts would be perfectly acceptable. As would the likes of Dua Lipa. She's a great pop act. Not for me of course but a worthy headliner. Ditto Billie Eilish. I think some people think we want 6 alternative Gods at the top of the bill. We don't. Noah and Gerry represent a different booking policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭dav09

in the same boat but would happily see them again. Unfortunately Deftones has a big gig in the US that weekend so I would say little to no chance unfortunately, would absolutely love to see them again.

Have enjoyed the Coachella live stream, good to see Skepta back rapping too, would also take him. One act Ive never seen live who seemed great is Justice, their new music is great and live set up looks fantastic. Was hoping we'd get the likes of Denzel Curry and a few others from R&L but most decent ones from that list are gigging that weekend it seems/very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭Fanirish

no Fontaines at EP is latest news. They decided no Irish summer shows. Concentrating on European summer festivals in lieu. New single and album being announced in next week or so.

Lana will have top billing on the poster. EP had snow patrol, Niall horan, the script and Paulo nutini as headline acts last year. Noah and Gerry are exactly in the same booking policy as last years acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ignorance. Whether or not you rate her higher or lower than Taylor Swift is immaterial.

Kahan and Cinnamon are very recently famous with a shallow pool of songs to pull from, no real production values to their shows, and noone is arguing their songs have any great artistry anyway.

Swift, Dua Lipa, LDR are all on a totally different scale (not to say the same one, obviously Swift is on a different one again from everyone else) , and if you're arguing otherwise I'd be wondering what you're basing it on, because it's seemingly not based on the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

Jesus wept...if that's true I'm seriously beginning to question this lineup. Was one of the few rumoured bands I was getting excited to see. LDR would be good as have a soft spot for her music but outside of that I'm feeling a bit lost. I'd just like enough outside of the tiktok generation to keep me occupied for a weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah its worrying a bit especially when we don't know the vast majority of names on the bill, here's hoping there will be at least five or six nice names in that first announcement, will be especially pleased if Justice is included this time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Pfft...You said yourself they were definitely going to be one of the top acts playing, and on the Sunday night. Think you were sick of repeating yourself.

Its another thing just changed quickly...you wonder with all these things that change last minute how any festival goes ahead!

Spare any excuses good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Lol they're either booked or they're not. He's a waffler, giving other people on here lip this week as well. Twatty carryon.

Ah Fanirish. I didn't mean a different policy from last year. I meant a different policy from what it was/should be. We used to have a top 6 from varied genres but all thoughtful, quality bookings in those fields. We now have a top 6 partly at least made up of flavour of the month instant hits, tiktok/ streaming sensations. That is a clear change in policy. You can, and have, justify it. I'm just saying I hate it.

If even the Fontaines disappear, it's the final nail in the ITK coffin, @Fanirish. Ditch that old persona and emerge, like a Phoenix from the flames, as an ordinary, Joe Soap music fan and watch us welcome you joyfully to the fold.

Like look at the top section on 2017, for example. This is only 5 Picnics ago. Nobody on here likes all of these, but these are all top quality in their respective fields/ genres. You can actually visualise people who like music sitting around a table and discussing this lineup. Can you say the same about the prospective acts we've been bandying around for this year?

was told about 2 months ago they were playing, plans have obviously changed in the meantime.
    up until announcement there is always leeway for acts to drop out of a festival for any number of reasons. Happens to all the festivals in the background.

And generally thatis fine, and understandable.

But you were putting it across that it was nailed on, and that you knew more than everyone else.

You just need to pipe down with the annoying attitude, and just try and be a bit of craic on here like everyone else!

You can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah '17 was a great year, London Grammar on main stage followed by the XX. Both acts found a way to make the main stage really intimate. It was a great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭crl84

They were great at Vicar Street (x2) a few years back. Pity the 3arena gig was cancelled for covid.

Never understand why promoters don't book a few acts like that and bring in a new type of fan who probably wouldn't bother attending a festival otherwise.

Can't move for generic indie-pop bands on stages all day/night, or ploddy tech-house electionic acts, but a few crossover metal acts are rare. EP probably (occasionally) better than the others in this regard as they've more leeway, but in the last there'd often be acts at R&L that would be good for EP, or acts at Download or in Europe that would have been great at ATN or June festivals, but were never booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Now that it has finally been accepted that everyone on this thread is just guessing, what do we think the issue is with the line up? Is it just crap and they're scrambling to get a few decent acts? I know it's sold out already but if it's really bad then they could struggle going forward. Maybe they're just sorting out a few of the smaller acts to fill out the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭dav09

In fairness things do change, I find it very strange if they were offered sub headliner spot that they'd turn it down. Although i, I don't dislike them but I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but managed to see Fontaiens probably 6/7 times between 2018-2022, so from that perspective maybe it makes sense to take a break for a bit.

From Coachella there's so many good acts, I hope the EP organisers are watching it live. Some outside acts from sets/highlights I've seen on the streams that I haven't seen mentioned here much but could be interesting acts that are good random shouts for EP this year/future are Isoxo, Chase & Status, Hamdi, Green Velvet, Charlotte de Witt, Kevin Abstract, Skepta, YG Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mucker46

II suspect nothing untoward. Not that rare for announcement to be this late or at least around now, appreciate EP earlier this year but can you imagine how we would feel next year if moved announcement forward this year and then back to normal next year we would be screaming you are late so makes sense to stick to usual timeline. To them no rush to announce as sold out so will do when suits them and their priorities and potentially tying up a few things. Will see it next few weeks I presume. All guesswork on my behalf definitely not an ITK

something can be nailed on and then next day/week/months later the band/agent/mangt can decide different or other circumstances can come up.

Give it up. Shows over. Your ITK status has been exposed as fraudulent.

There's a new ITK in town boyos. This Friday is the announcement. There will be some music acts announced.

Exactly - so stop trying to put across what you say as gospel. C'mon man, it's not difficult! Kinda suspect you are on the wind-up at this point so fair play for getting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Join me in the Workmans tonight for Horse Lords and forget all this line up nonsense for a few hours.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well Musicrules where are you getting this information about an 19th April announcement, methinks your another bluffer to tell ya the truth. Music acts you say, well we'd be in trouble if it wasn't music acts, aye!!!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

😂 I pulled the 19th as mo thóin! Who's the spoofer overlord?

Advertisement