Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 NFL regular season thread (no picks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He's very quick to spot things, would make a great coach. Handy golfer too, all round sportsman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

must be though being one of those uber confident Ravens fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a win by the plucky underdogs! It wasn’t pretty after the first quarter but the defense came up huge yet. And Kelce, 11 targets for 11 catches.

Another Super Bowl means booking a Monday off work again, it’s a nice tradition now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

4 SBs in 5 years is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The chiefs weren’t at their best tonight and the ravens defense stepped up, but the ravens offense stunk up the gaff. Lamar throwing into triple coverage summed it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Taylor Swift wins again.

Taylor should be let lift the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭threeball

Yes but they'd gone 3 and out on their last two drives from punching him up the middle. Also lost a chance of a new set of downs on 4th and inches, just 10yards off the baltimore endine and went with him up the middle and ended up turning it over on downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭threeball

This craic of presenting trophies to owners sucks. Really takes away from a teams achievement

Current mood

• Advertisement

Let’s go Lions. Superbowl needs to be Eminem vs Taylor Swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Tough game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That was my initial thought 20 years ago.

I can kinda see some logic in it now though. The owner may be someone who spends 50 years as the owner, be actively involved in building the team/city etc. Presenting it to a team captain instead might mean presenting it to someone who only ends up being there for 4 seasons, and ultimately ends up being traded to a rival team who he becomes more associated with. Which looks better when you are looking back at the photos in 20 years?

They probably think our European/soccer way is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,074 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If the Chiefs get a SuperBowl this year, I've no idea when any team will beat them to it.

This should be the year, but yet, here we are.

Mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭standardg60

Jared Gough and Ryan Gosling were surely separated at birth

In all seriousness if Detroit win this, the national anthem at Super Bowl should be a duet between Eminem and Taylor Swift fully kitted out in their teams colors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Great Chiefs defensive performance yet again but the Ravens shat the bed with one of the most sloppy ill-disciplined performances I think I have seen in a Conference Championship game

The recent underdogs Chiefs will probably swing to favourites now for the Super Bowl no matter who wins between 49ers/Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

I'm going to predict a 49ers victory here...

That probably means a Lions win!😅

• Registered Users Posts: 36,074 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Stunning from the Lions.

If they can't stop the run, the 49ers will have to rely on Purdy, and I doubt that'd end well for them.

The Lions play rock n roll football. Just like Liverpool. Boom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Any American I've ever talked to hates the owner getting the trophy, they all think it should be the players too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Lions need a stop here, if the 49ers tie it up they'll be buzzing and have the momentum.

What an awesome run by Gibbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Dream first half so far for the Lions

The Lions are doing a great job on defense. Purdy is only 6'1" tall, the Lions are sending two at the edges to keep him in the pocket and there's multiple raised arms when he goes to throw. His ball isn't very high going over the line of scrimmage so they are getting batted a lot.

They are doing a great job on McCaffrey too. He's only averaging 2.9 yards per carry.

Phenomenal half from the Lions. Dan Campbell taking the field goal goes against his MO but it's the smart move I think.

I'm shocked Dan Campbell decided to take the field goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

It there was more time left in the half imagine he would have gone for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Did the anchor on Sky Sports just say that the Chief Lions or the 49ers would be in the Superbowl against Kansas Chiefs?

Advertisement