Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2023 Dublin

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pixielena

Hi all, thanks for message. Unfortunately my interview didn't go. The guy was lovely but said he could hear sound interference so cancelled the interview. 😭😭😭😭I had done the test zoom meeting twice and I had a different zoom meeting the week before all was fine. I emailed and was told I would be returned to the panel and possibly interviewed in the future. I'm devastated I feel my chance is gone. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭64869923

Here is hoping. I thought my chances on this panel were shot as my number was too big, 2050 to 2100, but it might be called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Adventurerguy

I had my interview on Wednesday and found out good news yesterday couldn’t believe it was quick! The interviewer said it could take 2 to weeks! Hope you got good news too

I had my interview on Wednesday and found out good news yesterday couldn’t believe it was quick! The interviewer said it could take 2 to weeks but I found out in 2 days! Hope you got good news too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 binukp

Any one recently assigned, mind to share their WFH options ? Dept, location and WFH days allowed per week? would be helpful as interviews coming next week. Any thought on dept and locations in west dublin too please. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

For anyone who wanted to be considered for the port roles, they have been filled so you get put back into the general CO competition again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wanderingaround

Are you sure? In the expression of interest message they say: Should you express an interest in the above position and/or attend for interview, you will no longer be considered for other vacancies that may arise throughout the course of the Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2023 – Dublin and will only be considered for a Clerical Officer with Portal Inspectors duties. 

I emailed and asked and was told that when they reach enough positions they move the rest back in, I have an interview next week even though I expressed an interest in the port jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wanderingaround

Well That's good news! At least for those of you low enough in the OOM. Thanks and good luck with the interview!

For anyone who passed the interview in the last few weeks how long did it take to hear from clearance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 HiggieL

My friend is still waiting to hear and Garda vetting was completed 2 weeks ago. They emailed for an update and hasn't heard anything. Anyone else waiting like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 XPaladocious

Does anyone have first or second hand info about working at the National Council for Curriculum & Assessment? Is it a nice place to work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭TheDavester

did anyone get offered the expression of interest for -‘AGS and if so - how long did it take pas to get back to responding

Are you aware the Garda Clerical officers may be moving away from civil service to public service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Ah well no better man for it! What did you like about it?

Hey, interviews were on this week for the latest batch of CO's. How did everyone get on?

Passed :)

Also got this in my email

Please note, candidates who expressed interest in Clerical Officer with Portal Inspectors duties (COPI) in Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (as per message issued 05/01/2024), should note that, if the Public Appointments Service receive expressions of interest that exceed the number of current COPI positions, posts will be assigned based on order of merit;

Candidates who expressed interest in COPI positions, but are subsequently not offered a COPI position will remain on the panel to be offered a different position in this competition (Comp ID: 23320405) for an alternative department, should their order of merit be reached;

They must have had a few queries.

Also received this in the same mail.

The Public Appointments Service are seeking expressions of interest from candidates to be considered for Clerical Officer positions that may be available in the NSSO Clonskeagh. For more information regarding the NSSO Blended Working Policy

Has anyone any experience there and the WFH policy?

I have heard it's only 1 day in the office and you have Flexi at home but I don't know anyone working there. I heard through a friend that knows someone there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 roving-aviator

Hi,

I had a stage 2 interview, and today I got the result “have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 2 interview”. And the message says “You will retain your order of merit from Stage 1 Assessment Questionnaire. 

Our Clearance & Assignments Unit will be in contact with you should vacancies arise and your place on the order of merit be reached.  Being placed on the panel is not a guarantee of appointment to a position.  A candidate may only be appointed to the position having been successfully cleared from the point of view of health, character and eligibility.”.

My rank is 1900. And batch 15. I am a little unsure about the next steps, therefore really appreciate it if someone, please enlighten me on the following:

1. Can we safely assume that I will get a job after this step? Or do I need to go through an additional interview process?
    2. What are the next steps? In the message says they will contact me if a position opens and the message has two more positions to express interest… Shall I need to express my interest in these two jobs, or wait for someone to contact me.

As my rank is lower and the panel, and this is from 2023 so this competition may end soon in 2024 - therefore I am little nervous as I was seeking this opportunity for a long time. I would really appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance.

Same. They were quick back, I only had my interview yesterday and I got the message this morning. I remember before you were saying about getting offered in Revenue and you didn't want it. The expression of interest for the NSSO or the Oireachtais could be the way to go.

My email never had my rank on it just the batch number. Is the rank no. your order on the panel?

I'm delighted being honest because I thought that with my number I wouldn't even have the opportunity for interview.

You have no further interview. You have to keep an eye on your emails now as you will be contacted by the clearance unit. Usually within a few weeks of interview. I think I was 6 weeks waiting to hear from clearance. Panels last for 2 years less a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 roving-aviator

The rank (order of merit) was mentioned on the email subject: Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2023 Dublin- Stage 1 Result.

I think the Order of Merit is the Rank!
    The email after the interview, has only the batch number.

Yes your OOM is your rank but likely most have been placed from older batches.

Ah sound, I wasn't sure if the rank, as I saw in your post, was included in the email received today or added on by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gestappo

Does anyone know when the next CO will be out? This year, next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meltie

Hi quick question for anyone who started as a CO recently. Was your contract emailed or posted.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Sweetpea90

• Advertisement
Advertisement