Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2023 Dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2023 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I don't see a thread for this? Apologies if I missed it.

Stage 1 results out.

Further to your participation at Stage 1 of the selection process for the above mentioned competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 580 on the order of merit.

Not sure if that is good or not? All depends on the amount of people who applied right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Well, for the purposes of comparison, my OOM is 1500+, so you're well ahead of me at any rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pb4

Ya thats good. They're still placing from 2022, up to about oom1800. I'm on nationwide panel. Interview was the nicest one i've ever done. Nothing tricky, just about the competencies, customer service, teamwork etc. The discussion on 2022 will give you ideas about timeframes, oom's etc. Just read that they're pulling from this panel from june 2024. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betyourlifeonit

It says in the information booklet for this one that:

'It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 30th June 2024.'

So that sounds to me like 30th of June would be the latest any appointments will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GulKnolwe

Thanks for this thread. I found out today that I placed 405 in Dublin and I'm looking for a thread that can tell me what number they're up to. If any of you can share a link, I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HiggieL

@betyourlifeonit is this for the Dublin only comp? From application to starting job, I was 6 months. Dublin only CO panel. I was 515 OOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hi ya current OOM is 170 - is that good or bad? I've never had any luck with these applications

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Clonsilla_family

My bil got oom 2700s do you think he has any hope of getting placed?

Yes thats really good, you should get an interview quick enough 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betyourlifeonit

Yeah the Dublin one that ended on 8th August.

Oh thanks for that, how long was it before you got your interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 SandS2013

My OH got OOM 83 and has an interview next week. Any tips for the interview would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acar321

I found out I placed 87 on the OOM and have my zoom interview for next week! Hoping it doesn't take too long to get placed, but looking at the other threads it seems to!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I’m following this thread for my son who has applied for clerical officer - I did it myself 6 years ago and have moved from CO to EO and am now a HEO.

My recommendations are to go on to the public jobs website and look at the competencies required for clerical officer - they break down the competencies line by line as to what they are looking for.

Write out your example that you are going to give for this competency (using the STAR method (situation task action result)) and see if this example covers off all the points within the competency.

Dont just tell them what you want them to hear make sure your answer is structured and is relevant to the question asked.

Most of all be yourself and let your personality shine through.

This is what I did for my three interviews and I got the promotion on my first try each time!

best of luck!

Follow the star method. There were 4 sample questions in the interview prep booklet they emailed, these helped me to prepare.

https://youtu.be/uQEuo7woEEk?si=c1MzoLhcEjrVAXG- I found this helpful too.

Know the competencies and incorporate them into your answers.

Good luck with the Interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Stranger Things

Was on the panel last year and have been working now 1 month.

Interview is fine and is 1 on 1. Relaxed.

Search the star method and have your competencies known.

Write out a situation for each compency on a piece of paper and have it done in the STAR method.

Put that on your keyboard during your interview and sneak a peak while your asked and you will ace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Applied for this comp but I am living a good hour and a half from Dublin. What are the chances of getting a hybrid working arrangement?

You can only apply for WFH after you start. I think it's 2 days max. There are places that have none too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brunnoramoss

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brunnoramoss

It’s on Thursday! Fingers crossed all goes well I’m currently prepping for it 🤞🏼

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Stranger Things

Around 750 I believe

my interview went really well! 1-1 and he was lovely. Lasted 15 minutes. Asked the usual questions:

tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.

tell me about a project you’re proud of.

tell me about a time you helped a colleague.

tell me about your experience using computers and computer programs.

tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.

Tell me what you have learnt from dealing with difficult customers.

what interests you about the clerical officer role in the civil service.

Tell me about a time you’ve managed a lot of data.

I think that’s all! I prepared well and it definitely paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SandS2013

Well they are not hanging around! My OH had her interview on Thursday, found out today she passed and that she retained her OOM. Fingers crossed she gets offered a postion soon!

I was the exact same! Found out yesterday I passed and retained OOM. I’m due to start a new job at the start of October so I’m hoping I get offered a position sooner rather than later 🙃

I was the exact same! Found out yesterday I passed and retained OOM. I’m due to start a new job at the start of October so I’m hoping I get offered a position sooner rather than later 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SmallCat

So many times I have combed through all the other threads looking for this one, so I am delighted that someone has highlighted and created it.

I am 1597 OOM, so from the looks of those who have replied, I am far off hearing anything as of yet.

Best of luck to those doing their interviews I am sure you'll all smash it out of the park and those commenting regarding their family members.

🖤

They will get to you! They’re crying out for CO’s so don’t worry 🤍

has anybody received clearance yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

Just an FYI, which may or may not be of any relevance, family member who is part of the 2022 Dublin campaign only started 4 weeks ago so not 100% sure when the people on the 2023 panel will be placed. His clearance took absolutely ages.

Advertisement