Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭endainoz

They do for sure, in fairness the site I quite well drained due to the hills and such, but the ground was badly affected from the massive accumulation of rain from the months previous, hopefully we'll get on much better this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TenPicnics

I broadly agree BUT the narrow twisty treks between some busy stages was unacceptably dangerous from the Friday, and it was obvious there had been inadequate preparation for rain. Not good enough from seasoned festival organisers.

Absolutely agree, but in fairness that was the first time it had happened in ATN's relatively short history. Saying all that, they should have anticipated it and had plenty of wood chip or even straw on hand to help out, I don't remember seeing any of it.

The saving grace was the semi warm and sunny Sunday that just about improved the ground and didn't let it deteriorate further. We could have potentially had a serious mudbath on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

mount kimbie for ATN i wonder. they've moved to more of an indie rock phase on the new album which i really enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭Fanirish

playing Beyond the pale as only summer show here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭mgkelly

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Trying to manifest Yard Act for ATN in a big way.

Sheep were lambing for their Vicar St gig (boo).

Seems doing Derby on the Friday then a hometown gig in Leeds on the Saturday..

can't see them getting over to Waterford after that tbh, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I love the build-up to a festival, 3 months out and a tonne of announcements to come, they've improved the festival year on year so fully expect some more additions this year to make the experience better for everyone. I loved the new outdoor stage last year but I also loved the end of road stage and feel that stage was a miss last year, especially the Friday night in the rain. I'd like to see another indoor stage added close to main area somewhere. What would people on here like to see improved?

Definitely agree, another decent sized tent stage would be great. I suppose in the musical side of things, I'm hopeful for more late night options other than DJs. They did a great job last year with the amount of folk and Trad available and really hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

I know the oul DJ's aren't the most popular on here but very happy with Sama' Abdulhadi & KiNK

Also fairly happy with the Comedy Tent, Colin Geddis and Jarlath Regan are great !

Who have people been enjoying sub-headliner spots so for, Glass Beams and Really Good Times i've been enjoying !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 courtneyj75

new to boards so apologies! it’s my first time going to ATN in August and i’m buzzin 🥳 just wondering if anyone knows how far it is from the carpark to campsites? also is there a limit on rent sizes? thanks in advance, and sorry if it’s already been answered 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭mgkelly

Welcome!

The short answer, re distance, in my view is - not too far! Maybe 10 or 15 minutes walk. Depends a little on which end of carparks exactly that you are in. But very manageable. I presume you meant 'tent' not 'rent' sizes?! No limit that I could see. Saw some very big, multi-person tents. I am the complete opposite - squeeze into a wee corner in a small, 2 man tent. But you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭kg703

The sound for sure, they had major issues last year across multiple stages. Obviously if it rains for them to be a bit more prepared with wood chippings etc. There was a bit of a health and safety blip there last year. Plus my legs were wrote off by saturday eve. Maybe move the ping pong thing, I completely missed it last year even though my campsite was pretty close but I only ever passed it on the way home.

I had a ball last year though, really looking forward to this one. Stayed close by on the Thursday and went in v early on Friday. I wonder will many head up on Thursday now with it being open? We got such good spots Friday morning, hoping to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Hi folks, looking at some of the camping options and still undecided on what to do. Could be late arriving on the Fri do thinking about pre-pitched options.

There are 2 man tent options in both Camplight and Pink Moon.
    In terms of location and organization, can anyone shed any light on these. I know Pink Moon from EP so generally was well organized when I've been there, but no nothing about Camplight.
    Regarding location, anyone provide any insights to pros/cons of each?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think having the site connect up a bit more would make it easier to get around, for example the Ping Pong Disco/Ealu le Grá area felt extremely disconnected from the main arena. But it seemed there was a ready made walk way straight through to the area where the Lovely Days stage was. However it was fenced off and seemed to be only for staff.

Also the gardens in front of the house feel disconnected too, it would be great if there was a way of getting in there directly from the campsites instead of having to walk down the main pathway from the deers head.

I do like the idea of the gardens area being a bit disconnected though, it seems much more calmer down there. A place to go and chill for a while. One would assume that's where this new acoustic area will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 courtneyj75

thanks a million! definitely meant tent and not rent, i have no intentions of becoming a festival landlord, just looking for some standing room 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dunph

You can walk to the gardens through the wood behind the belonging bandstand, no need to go by the Deer's head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Tau & the Drones of Praise self-confirmed.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

Hi, where did u see that

i looked on their IG and could only see international dates

I didn't think they were doing any Irish dates as Sean focusing on solo material

Tnks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

Irish psych-folk band

Kinda same ballpark as Bog Bodies if ur familiar with them

https://youtu.be/RD5pLlGJopk?si=4L06Ce8llf5GhB6J

Jameson stage lineup out tomorrow, just seen it on their socials.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Can anyone remember when the 2nd main announcement was last year? Is it usually before or after FFF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

8th of May last year by the looks of it, although we had less acts overall by that time too. Arcadia and the comedy tent didn't come until June last year either.

Just posted it there

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭antfin

Some nice additions there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Nice additions- some duplication from main line-up announcement but Murder Capital, Chalk and Morgana are filling out the overall lineup nicely

Advertisement