Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Samas most recent set uploaded on YouTube is **** commercial tech house, Kink you could call techno but he wouldn’t be considered a straight up techno act… DVS1, Rob Hood, Jeff Mills, Luke Slater, Richie Hawtin, Ben Klock kind of techno is what I’m after… the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

tech house - ick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

KiNK will be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Been checking out the Arcadia lineup. A shocking amount of trance and cheese elements in a few of the sets. Puzzy Wrangler had some alright moments but a good dollop of crap as well. My usual complaint of nothing to really get stuck into for a whole set. Dullness abounds.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Yeah it's pretty bad overall. Unfortunately a lot of trendy dance music right now is quite cheesy. Lot of pop edits, massive wubby bassline tunes, OTT trance, mad ravey tracks etc.. Out of that Efa O'Neill is decent, Becky is very good as well if you like the UK sounds. Shee is meant to be a good house producer but it's not really my thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭endainoz

Arcadia lineup doesn't mean much to me, not a huge electronic head anyway, but will be checking it out intermittently over the weekend for the overall craic and spectacle anyway.

Overall I really like the lineup, plenty in there I haven't seen before and plenty that I have. Looking forward to the next announcement to flesh out the upper a d mid tier a bit more and I'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Arcadia not my thing anymore, alas. I'd be doing a Rubik at it and double dropping Gaviscon…

Looking forward to the lineup getting fleshed out and seeing what the acoustic stage holds in store.

Haha last man standing, with minimal heartburn!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Feeling pretty happy with the ATN line up after seeing the EP one. I think my EP days are officially done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Same, have tickets in the hope they'd pull something great out of the bag, they should put that lineup into a bag and drown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Really poor marketing, cancellation of tour de picnic, not even giving times for ticket sales this morning..... weird times for EP

i retract any derogatory comments made about ATN line up after seeing that EP shocker…. for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Coz

There's a few gems in there but Kylie and Raye would be the only top tier.

I was really hoping that Faithless would go to ATN.

Kojaque will be at ATN so I'll catch him there

Teddy Swims is amazing. He's vocal skills are mind blowing. His Olympia Gig is sold out. Would love to see him

Wolfe Tones on the Main Stage?? The Filthy Lucre Tour

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Bloody hell. Just reading this, now. That is truly shocking stuff. The worst I've ever seen. I know that a lot of people like Kylie, but I was looking at the line up, asking myself - "Is that really Kylie that that squiggle says?". I never really thought EP would descend to such a level. It is full of cliches & filler. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. No indie heroes. No cutting edge electronica. No edgy, up & coming indie bands (NewDad are there, but I'm afraid their star is not burning as bright as I hoped…& they're at ATN where I'll see them anyhow).

This year feels really a bit stale, generally, for festival line ups, apart from perhaps a couple of the smaller ones that have pulled it out of the bag. The Stendhal line up, up here in NI, is also very weak, apart from the slightly surreal appearance of The Orb!! Maybe their next round of announcements will be better? [and maybe I'm just turning more & more into an old fogie!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭RINO87

Why would they bother, it sells out anyway, they dont even have to try anymore and people will still go. I dont agree with it, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

Gave up on it in 2018. Writing was blatantly on the wall at that point (despite some decent acts still getting booked), and this year's lineup is just the natural progression of the race to the bottom. Not that they'll really care as long as they keep selling tickets, I'd say this year's lineup is pretty decent for your average TodayFM listener, who they've been pitching the festival towards for years.

ATN came along at exactly the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, great news for ATN. EP in the toilet, Body and Soul taking a breather. Between themselves and BTP, they have the field for the discerning alternative music fan sown up. Fingers crossed it doesn't go to their heads and lead them down the same greedy expansionist, populist path.

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Fanirish

ATN timely with marketing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I remember Electric Picnic used to pull a similar stunt having announcements on the weekends of other festivals or close after others announced lineups etc. The tables have turned now with ATN surely capitalising on the reaction to the Picnic lineup this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

Arcadia line-up had "Special Guest" for Sunday when it was announced yesterday. Today's post (2nd slide below) has Tommy Holohan on the poster in that place. Some decent harder techno at least.

Either a leak that they're supposed to be holding off, or the usual bizarre shambles of marketing from ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MacPint

Well the EP boat is sunk. ATN this year it is for me and the gang. We always go EP, a good few wold do both EP and ATN but we can’t justify going to EP with that absolute muck they call a lineup. My first time going ATN, I hear there’s an awkward walk from or to the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Coz

There was in 2019, improved in 2022 but last year, for a festival of it's size, was one of the easiest load ins ever.

Traffic management was spot on too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MacPint

perfect man appreciate it. Must get a look at the site map. Hopefully they fill out the middle bookings with some nice additions. Am I being too greedy looking for Catfish and the Bottlemen or Thundercat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

2019 was an absolute disaster getting into the festival. They had MAJOR traffic issues, I had friends who sat in traffic for over 8 hours to get in through no fault of their own. Many people arriving into the campsite as it was getting dark. It was a fairly brutal walk to the campsite too. But the past two years have been a breeze and the walk isn't too bad, no worse than your average.

It's a beautiful festival site and has a really nice crowd of mainly people above 25. Lineup looking good already for me and hopefully a few nice ones in their next announcement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭endainoz

I was one of those 8 hour traffic people, 19 was a disaster but still had some great acts, patti smith and hot chip for me that year. But really happy to say all those issues resolved, as said already it's an amazing site despite a couple of awkward hills that people with mobility issues may struggle with but it's still the best big festival in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

You've absolutely nailed my thoughts of the past few years of dance music. I thought i was the only one! Seen Efa O'Neill before, thought she was a bit of a snooze tbh, one of those 'something's gonna happen any minute now' type sets that i find far too prevalent. Like you, Shee is not my cuppa but i can see him going down a storm.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

didnt fancy much from the terminus lineup in EP apart from Prozak. Lovin the UKG, hopefully he gets added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The boutique camping entrance and car park was a nice addition last year, quite painless to get to Podpads, hopefully this year there is no storm because the trip back to car park in mud last year with trolley was challenging.

As much as I loved ATN the mud last year made it a difficult weekend (especially with a wife that has MS), the weather gods owe us sunshine this year

Advertisement