Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

100%

just about enough to keep me interested, but the amount of repeat performers on top of an absolute glut of 'electronica' just makes that line up a bit meh so far.

hopefully with the 'padding out' of another 50 or so acts there might be some interesting additions. OXN are conspicuous there as an outlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

The National filling that role, albeit they have played all parts of the country post covid though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm a fan but with regularly playing here and ATN in 2019 could have done with someone who plays here less as bit more of a novelty I think. I get that bookers have to work within bounds of who's touring at that time of year though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

That's exactly why they are not filling the role of standout act!

I enjoy the National, seen them 4 times and skipped the same amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Any playlists on the go yet?

• Advertisement

I suppose there just wasn’t someone who has played here recently of that calibre that would play for ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m delighted with that! Kiasmos autocorrects to Liam which is odd…anywho happy camper here. Far better than the last few eps I’ve been to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe you should get ATN to swop lineups with Green Man. 😀

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I don't mind the line up at all, like some other posters said a lot of repeats but some welcome and some great electronica.

Oxn (looking forward to seeing them)

Kiasmos (Will definitely try to get a better view this time as could hardly see them in the rammed tent during downpour last time)

The National (will check them out this time for a bit having missed them last time for something else)

Roisin Murphy (A brilliant artist but seen her now as much times as Jon Hopkins, so will go and see something else)

Future Islands (will definitely catch these lads as missed them at EP15)

Paul Kalkbrenner ( pretty decent electronica always worth a watch)#

Confidence Man (Always put on a great show and great energy)

Maribou State (Loved them in 2018 so will check them out if no clashes)

Mary Wallopers (Hup ya bhoy ya)

Slowdive (Will catch a bit of them)

Natasha Bedingfield (Will check her out)

Floating Points (will give his set a gawk)

Kolsch (Will give him a go if energy still going)

Wailers (Always good for the reggae hits but a bit bored with them would've preferred Steel Pulse or Misty N' Roots)

Muireann Bradley (will definitely check this lass out)

So that's pretty good list for me, thumbs up. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dunph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Coz

KKC also playing Forestfest

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

It's the first main line-up announcement, I've lost count of the amount of brilliant festivals I've been to over the years, but I'd wager that the first announcement for those festivals (or most festivals actually) was not stellar. The lineups develop and grow over the months leading up to the festivals, some of the better EPs I attended were very average lineup wise starting out. I think it's a very good lineup as is and will only get better. No matter how good an announcement is there's always one or two people who love a good whinge, it's human nature.

Yeah there will be another 30 acts announced in May as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kind of surprised at the reaction here by most, although a few mates in my whatsapp said the same thing about the lineup being fairly repetitive. I'm fairly happy with it though, for me: The National, Future Islands, Roisin Murphy, The Mary Wallopers, Slowdive, Barry Can't Swim, Confidence Man, Kiasmos, Floating Points, The Wailers, Ross from Friends are all acts I'd go and see. James Vincent McMorrow, Paul Kalkbrenner, Natasha Bedingfield, Maribou State, Kolsch, George Fitzgerald and King Kong Company all ones who would semi interest me.

18 acts at this stage is good going for any festival and has more than justified the price of a ticket for me. A good lot on there I'll dig into as well and hopefully find a few more I like. No other festival in the country will give me that many acts I'd be interested in anymore (be shocked if EP produce something I'd prefer in 2024). It's a bit lighter on DJs/electronic artists I really like this year - spoiled last year with Palms Trax, Skatebard, Todd Terje, Overmono, Barry Cant Swim, James Murphy and Chaos in the CBD but sure didn't end up seeing half of them anyway.

It is a bit samey sure but it always has been and POD always seem to recycle acts massively. With more names to come and stages like AVA in the Woods, Arcadia, etc still to announce it will pad out nicely I'm sure. Full steam ahead as far as I'm concerned - going to be a great weekend as it has been every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Give up yer giving out, It will still be the festival of the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah look, it's a gorgeous spot, ye'll have a ball, no doubt. Just feels like some of the promise from that first year has ebbed away a bit. That year had Thundercat, Yasin Bey, Chaka Khan, New Power Generation, Mogwai, that Icelandic post punk crowd, just different, unsual stuff. And a pile of stuff I didn't know and had to research. The hope for me was that ATN would be a place that combined the biggish scale and beautiful staging of EP with an innovative lineup. The innovation levels have dropped a bit is all. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Wouldn't be surprised if they added a Body&Soul area to the festival this year seeing as B&S isn't happening and the fact that some of POD has the Body&Soul team in it during ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think it's all about balance, when POD were involved with EP I think they had the lineups spot on, there was something for everyone, and that's what they're trying to replicate with ATN IMO, but as a festival grows in size its a balancing act between attracting 20k plus people (for ticket sales and revenue) and finding a lineup that suits everyone, I think POD/Aiken have done a decent job of that so far, there's always hits and misses, but they aren't a boutique festival, the capacity is approaching what EP was at in 2014, so you need a blend of big name acts, alternative / underground acts, decent electronic, up and coming acts, irish and local bands, and a bit of everything in between. I think the reason the lineups can be repetitive is they're battling with MCD who seem to corner the market for the mid to large size acts, so POD/Aiken are left recycling the acts that don't commit to MCD, which is a smaller pool to pull from. I see some people say they are off to BTP instead, I was there last year, really tidy little boutique festival, great fun last year, great older crowd and a really good lineup again this year, I'd go again, but as it stands BTP is all potential and it's not a patch on ATN, a festival is always about much more than the lineup

Other Voices is showing some of Oxn's set tonight on RTE 2 at 23.10 PM, I'll be checking them out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭endainoz

Having fun looking deeper into the playlist today. For anyone who's a fan of Khruangbin, you should definitely check out glass beams. Getting very similar vibes from them. Beach fossils are another interesting one, new York style indie. Made a bit of a playlist anyway, a good mix of stuff, pretty much everything is covered in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I was confusing floating points with flight facilities

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Listening to some of the play lists above (thanks lads!)

I've added soda blonde, kokoroko, sprints and beach fossils to my must sees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭endainoz

Presale available for previous ticket holders if anyones interested. Not that it will sell out or anything but the option is there I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Percolator, the band two of them are in, are much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Shakes fist at ticketmaster once more.....Family Campervan tickets showing full availability, go to purchase, none available....its been doing this all morning. Same with the regular campervan passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Festival 101 .. 😂

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Really liking Glass Beams, another one to add to my list

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

I'd be surprised if anyone thought that the slightly more interesting Beyond the Pale lineup is worth sacrificing a proper late night festival experience for. Everything finishing so pathetically early in Glendalough makes it an absolute no for a lot of folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭hold my beer

How early does it finish up? I'm thinking of bailing to it this year instead of ATN. Still undecided

Advertisement