Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

repetitive bland......

no wonder youd need drugs to listen to it ......

the festival should be sponsored by Mac Air ...

"i cant go on stage .......... I cant find my mouse.."

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

You chosen one song, the guy has multiple albums and they're not all from the same genre....

fair enough.

But i meant for the whole festival is full of that style... "plug in pc...lets go" kinda music...

IT aint my jive brother....

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Yeah that's fair enough, it won't be for everyone I'll agree. He'll also be playing a live set apparently, so not exactly "plug in pc...lets go" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭rubick

Life is fleeting, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dunph

ATN has had a huge variety over the past few years, punk, post punk, industrial, folk, drone, techno, pop, psychedelic metal (i dunno, whatever king gizz is), electronica, disco, whatever nick cave is... if it hasnt earned a bit of trust from you in terms of the quality of line up, maybe its just not your festival and go check something else out? Everyone's got their thing, its fine if ATN isnt yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭Fanirish

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Floating Points wouldn't be where I'd go first when trying to make a "plug in pc...lets go" point...

Most successful recent release was with a jazz legend, and regularly plays with more of a live band that most people.

I remember seeing him play with close to 10 people at Body and Soul several years back

Disclaimer: I may have been seeing double at the time - perhaps I shouldn't admit to that though - doesn't exactly strrengthen my own argument :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

That is tidy enough 🙂 Kolsch and Kiasmos a nice surprise. Doesn't have the dreaded words "dj set" after Geroge Fitzgearld either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TenPicnics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

One big snooze. My regular festival buddy who would be more open to the lighter side of things feels the same.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fantastic variety of stuff in there, time to throw together a playlist. At least 6 or 7 must sees in there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Acosta

Lackluster as always

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it's grand for a first announcement. Don't think there's too many acts that stand out who would lure people in if people weren't planning on going already besides maybe Kiasmos, Floating Points and Paul Kalkbrenner. Early days yet though and will wait and see who they announce between now and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

not moved by it i have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭crl84

The National

Roisin Murphy

Future Islands

Slowdive

Maribou State

Floating Points

Soda Blonde

Kiasmos

Kolsch

George Fitzgerald

Decent start for me. Some others to check out properly.

Hopefully they add a few techno/experimental DJ acts, far too much samey house acts there as always.

Was hoping for a couple of acts that were more post-rock/rock/metal-y, like Deafheaven, Slow Crush or Deftones, but outside the box thinking isn't really in ATN's wheelhouse. Slowdive will have to satisfy my screeching feedback desires.

Post edited by crl84 on

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Future islands

Mary Wallopers

Sprints

Newdad

Really good time

Slowdive

KKC

Soda Blonde

The Wailers

And that's before I go researching, happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Lots in there for me, Kalkbrenner, Kolsch and Kiasmos, Roisin Murphy, Confidence Man, New Dad, George Fitz (hopefully live), Joy Anonymous, JVM, Maribou State, etc plenty considering it's the first main announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Shockingly unimaginative.

How many times have The National, Roisin Murphy, Maribou State, Floating Points, Kiasmos, Kolsch and George Fitzgerald played Ireland in the last 5 years?

I have seen all those acts at least 3 times and in the case of Floating Points close to 10 times in the last decade or so.

Happy how with my decision to give Beyond the Pale a chance as my Irish festival this summer.

Felt like ATN was just taking our money last year and this has just confirmed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GentleHumour

Confidence Man are unreal live. Blew the Rankins Wood tent away on the Sunday last year at EP.

Paul Kalkbrenner is a great addition as are Kiasmos. Kolsch plays here the whole time, so less excited for him. Joy (Anonymous) are good fun.

The Wailers in the sun one of the afternoons will be lovely.

Don't think Natasha Bedingfield will enjoy same affection that Sugababes did.

Overall - a less than inspired line up. Lacking a big name of previous years and a little unimaginative once you read though through poster. Very very similar to lot of Irish festivals this summer, which after the first 2 lines of acts are interchangeable / one and the same.

Interesting to see how ATN stacks up v EP this year. With the two only being a fortnight apart, I'd say a lot of folk (me included) will make a call on one or the other based on EP announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Very weak, extremely generic. The electronic music is largely inoffensive tripe for people who aren't really into it but are partial to a yoke at a festival a couple times a year. Bands not much better. Only things I'd be excited for there is Sprints, Slowdive and Oxn. Some genuinely awful stuff on there and then a lot of the same acts that get recycled so often that it's impossible to be excited by them. I'll more then likely be there either way but I'd say my time will spent mostly at smaller stages seeing local acts. Whoever gets paid to book acts for this festival is stealing a living. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they just asked ChatGPT to generate an Irish festival line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I'd be disappointed and I'm an ATN fan. You'd certainly have 10 or 12 good acts there but nothing you can't see regularly. Very little homework on brand new acts. I'm not going this year so no skin in the game but for those of us that hoped ATN would fill the hole left by a declining EP, that line up is a step back.

yep..

Id agree.

And for the first time since this festival started - Im Out.

For those into it - Have fun 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

If beyond the pale was in Curraghmore with all the cools bits atn have that'd be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

BTP have done very well with their lineup, but with all the single day outdoor shows sweeping up all the big names, this doesn't look too bad. I have a few must sees on the list, and shur most of the craic os the smaller bands on the smaller stages anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

King Kong company the standout for me- is that an Irish exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭LowOdour

As a few have said, decent but a lot of those acts I would so see I've seen before.

Missing a standout act e.g Nick Cave, Iggy, Fleet Foxes, Patti Smith etc

Advertisement