Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yves isn’t on the LCD line up. It’s idles, young fathers and sh*t robot.

yves not touring this summer in europe afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Been touring constantly for last two years with whelans and Olympia shows so about time for a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm pretty happy with that. National, Future Islands and Bakar.

Definitely agree another five acts would have been great, but there is definitely enough in that to shift a few tickets pre - Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Hank the DJ

5 acts named, 5, and people are whinging about who hasn't been named.

Some people just love to moan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Happy Future Islands is there missed them at EP 2015 so will definitely catch them this time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jemmy Button

Moribund

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TenPicnics

Compared to the line-up announcements of previous ATNs this one falls short for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Been a National fan for years, but the 3 times I've seen them live it's always just been good or very good but never great.

Great to see Future Islands on the lineup - seen them in the Black Box on Galway a few years back. Bizarre setting for them, but outstanding gig.

A decent start, hopefully lots more interesting stuff to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't please everyone..

.. but The National, Future Islands and Barry Can't Swim all top-tier for me.

Sure they announced 15 or so last year before Christmas. Always going to be less pleasing on a numbers side

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TenPicnics

It's the quality not the quantity that generates a 'meh' from me as regards ATN 2024, unlike my reaction to all other ATN 1st announcements, but maybe quality will be found in some of the acts to be announced. As things stand I'd be happier if the acts announced by BTP were headed to ATN. But yes, early days and likely further announcements in 2024 will change that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭deeks

The National definitely not an exciting announcement given they've headlined before and played Ireland already this year but I'm a big fan so they're a plus for me. Future Islands would be on my must see list at any festival as well so another big plus. Not hugely knowledgable about any of the others but will listen a bit in the meantime and see what takes my interest.

As some have noted its probably not the most exciting first announcement ever but of the 5 announced I have 2 must sees and will do some investigating on the others so will take that any day of the week. Of course like everyone I'm hoping for a plethora of big and exciting bookings in the next announcement but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭DaSchmo

BTP really left them for dust here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭endainoz

It'll balance out, it always does. BTP gave out their first headliners during the summer after all.

A fair few BTP acts are just ATN acts from this year or 2022 like Jessie ware, Kelly lee owens, romy, gilla band, tourist, Helena hauff, the Scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Ah Christ, not The National

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭pah

I'll never not go see The National at a festival, one of my favourite acts for nearly 14yrs now. Read some great reviews of their latest tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'm surprised a few think the ATN lineup is poor compared to Beyond the Pale. I think anything that people are accusing ATN of in saying it's a boring/repeated lineup could be even more appropriate for Beyond the Pale.

Obviously it's all relative but I'm very happy with the lineup announcement so far. The National, Future Islands and Barry Can't Swim easily justify about €150 worth of the ticket price and there will be much more announced in February and later announcements.

Would guess that The National, Future Islands and Jorja Smith will take up 3 of the 5 or 6 headline slots on the final poster?

This years poster had 10 headline acts, those three deffo in that bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 2 festivalhun

I’ve been lurking here on the ATN discussion boards for years and finally decided to signup and join in.

Is it true that an MCD act will never be able to play ATN?

Im happy with the lineup so far and would love to see CMAT back, just saw her at the Olympia and she was amazing as always.

People are speculating Lana Del Rey could be the next big announcement because of the Primavera sound lineup, but I think she’d be MCD? Would love to see Hozier, but probably not possible.

For other smaller acts I’d love to see Stromae, Charlotte Adigery, Jazzy, Marc Rebillet even but I don’t think he’d fit the vibe but there’s something cool about making music on the spot with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

MCD has first dibs, the financial means and an array of summer festivals and venues to offers its acts shows in the summer months means that with very few exceptions an MCD act, especially international acts will never play ATN.

CMAT is playing fairview park as her big summer Irish show so there is zero chance she be playing ATN. If she does play a summer festival it would be EP but that wouldn’t be announced till after the fairview show.

Lana Del Rey is too expensive and popular for ATN. She is likely playing EP or another summer show like malahide or marlay for MCD.

Hozier is managed by Caroline Downey, the co-owner of MCD so hozier will never play ATN.

the others are possibilities.

the remaining headline acts to be announced for ATN will be considerably less popular/expensive than the National.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭crl84

Big acts generally stick with promoters they have a good relationship with. For example, Bruce Springsteen has a long history with Aiken, so will always be promoted by them unless he wants a change for some reason.

Likewise MCD and acts that work with them usually continue to. This is even more so as MCD and Live Nation are interlinked, so acts that are playing for Live Nation abroad, will usually play MCD events/venues/festivals here.

The National are an example of an act that ditched MCD after a bad experience with them at Oxegen years ago, and have played for others each time they've been here since.

Smaller acts will often just play for any promoter as they're not tied to a relationship and have to be flexible if they're playing in Ireland regularly and want to play different festivals.

Theres no reason most acts that play MCD venues/festivals can't play ATN, and many will have played for both, but certain acts, usually the big ones, will just stick with one promoter.

Yeah the National moved from MCD to aiken after disaster of oxegen 2011. As Aiken co own ATN hence why the National are playing ATN for a second time and why all there shows since 2011 in ireland have been aiken promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

The National are in the Nick Cave bracket, top level cerebral rock, loved by ageing men everywhere. My favourite band by a distance and the only reason I’m going back to ATN which kinda left me cold (and wet) in 2023. I’ve seen them live numerous times and the recent 3 arena gig was the best I’ve seen from them. The two new albums are very strong and they are constantly developing their live versions of their oldies. One of the very best live acts currently touring and a big catch for ATN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So torn between this and beyond the pale for next year

Advertisement