Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

On ‘life’s a beach’ I was about 7 or 8 over after 5 or 7 holes.

I then started to get the hang of the timing and managed to finish on 1 over.

Before I played ‘craggy’ I went to ‘my golfer’ and changed my archetype to ‘rhythm’ and that helped a lot.

I then went to ‘locker’ and then ‘fittings’ and made changes to my heads, shafts and grips on my driver, woods, irons and wedges with the sole intention of improving my ‘timing’.

That made a huge difference to my round on ‘craggy’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

I went in twice. Judging the wind is a lot more difficult than the last edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Romero

Just approved a heno09 please confirm and provide your boards user name

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

+3 at Craggy, my best round yet. Managed to get five birdies, but unfortunately I got bogey's too.

Adidas and Nike still want to sign me 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Well played, you finished on top, great round... I see with gone v Irish the next course 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gael2023

Thanks for that @Romero . That's my username you approved yesterday evening.

Two remaining pending requests that just need you to confirm acceptance in game and provide me with your boards user names

bagogreen

dmacred

Fr. Stone Results:

Would be great if they had the facility to view the scorecards of others as you could then see if someone lost it on a single hole with a quadruple, for example.

• Advertisement

Is there a reason I'm missing off there? I was even par for my round I think I'm in 10th place?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭joficeduns1

Scuffed my tee shot off the 1st at Adare straight into the water below the tee box to start off with a +2 followed by another bogey at the 2nd. Thankfully a few birdies found their way home for the rest of the round to leave me under overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

That round couldn't end quick enough for me :-) , swing timing was all over the shop, had a nightmare round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah, I hit a triple bogey on that round!

I was on for birdie on that hole too 😥

My putting at Adare was shocking. I need to get this to work on my putting:

The adare greens were very tricky. I don't know how many times I got to the green only for it to roll off the side and down the slope. Finished one over and I was lucky with that. The wind was hard to judge. Clubbing up or down didn't always get it right.

Haven't played my round yet but two nights ago I got my first hole in one on one of the par threes at Adare during a practice round. Last night went +10 for my round thanks to those blasted greens. It really depends on how good your approach shot is and luck on the green position.

Just plugged Lan directly into my ps4 rather than using wifi and it’s increased both upload and download speed x 3.

That's exactly it. The pin is often sitting on the top of the hill and all around is a deep fall to the edge of the green and off. I struggle with the short game around the green as I find the timing impossible to get when hitting very low percent power. The wind in this version is a lot harder to judge and has a huge effect. A 6-7kmph headwind can be a club up for the irons but then the ball will run and run when it hits the green.

• Advertisement

Do you not hit it with spin ?

Hold L2 and then move the right stick down and you can see on the ball where you’ll hit it.

I do but there is very little back spin to stop the ball.

Is there any desire for the ‘comps’ to last at least 2 rounds ?

Feel like I’m only getting into the flow and it’s over.

Yes something I asked Zero Cook earlier in the thread so I think we will see this 2 rounds in next batch of events.

would be happy with 3 or 4 rounds too.

could play 2 rounds one night and 2 rounds the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll add in a couple of 2 rounds in the next batch of events but will keep it at that. Some people dip in for a round before playing another game so want to keep it casual. If someone sees 3 or 4 rounds, might put them off even trying it and we have good numbers at the moment. Will see how the 2 round events play out and if we continue to get a good number participating, can see about upping them. The main thing is not to put people off as this game is niche as is and the society can die off quickly if numbers drop off.

I would suggest checking out other societies for longer rounds / more competitive events. I know Irish YouTuber has one but can't remember his name.

Exactly see some low scores on some of the current rounds and If you see someone shooting -15 to -20 over two rounds it's going to put players off even starting and give up on the society so good call.

I have been playing the game a lot since the first of this month, so I will skip a few boards society games to recharge the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+7 at Adare, i really need to change to 3 clock as the at stick swing is killing me, didn't have these problems with the last game. That mixed with some tough greens were enough to send me to the bottom of the table.

• Advertisement

I tried and failed at stick swing and I used it 100% for the last game. 3 click is fine for long shots but difficult for very small power shots. Adare greens were very difficult anyway. If anyone gets under par, they deserve praise.

Advertisement