Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Booted this up tonight thinking I can't wait to see an improvement in the menus so they are more user friendly. But by god they have made it more confusing than ever. I just wanted a quick divot derby and after battling through the intro tutorial and upsells I landed on the main screen with no divot derby.

Finally found it a few layers deep in the social options. But after sitting looking for others to join for 5 mins I quit and switched it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I signed a clothing deal with Adidas. They terminated my contract.

I then switched to Nike, who did the same as Adidas.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Romero

Ha ha happened to me last night in career mode switch difficulty.to amateur and went +5 and my three sponsors dropped me the feckers I will remember when I start to climb the ranks 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just added myself as well, same username as here.

Think I approved you there just check you will have to confirm your membership and you should be in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've been playing with every assist on it seems. Definitely takes a huge step in difficulty when you disable some of them

I was wearing lime green Nike green shorts and black and yellow Adidas trainers at the time (for real and not in the game). Then those two dump me in the game. Non branded clothing from now on.

Off to Pennys with ya and burn the Adidas Nike gear 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, last society we had the restrictions open so some people had set it to easy where you could see where your shot was going and retake shots even, was hugely unfair to people playing on higher difficulty and too easy if everyone did that so we have custom difficulty to roughly medium settings but we can tweak that with feedback from the society.

People like different challenges but don't want to make it too easy or too hard to put people off.

I won't lose too much sleep over it to be honest, it's a bit of craic at the end of the day, and it's not like online is any easier either 😁

• Advertisement

Yes I think this is best to set the difficulty it felt like amateur so I've changed my level to amateur to try and get better. Trying to get my swing right on the dual sense is not going well. Switched to 3 click yesterday but I'm actually worse so off watching YouTube tutorials on how to get better. This guy is pretty helpful for beginners

Watched a few of his videos, very helpful. I actually switched to 3-click and seem to be better with that, can't seem to get the bakc and forth straight on the controller at all

I can't either, really don't know how lads can keep it dead straight when using the controller. I've seen a guy use another method where he keeps his thumb on the stick and moves the controller actually found it again

Well, I went to Penny's (for the first time in a long time) and got two pairs of socks 😄

Might be of interest to some of our members I see K Club, Portmarnock Adare Manor are there, will check some of them out later

Yeah, we mostly used Irish courses last time around but some of the custom ones can have very tricky parts so throw in the odd regular course. Already have Craggy Island lined up for an upcoming event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Request send....PSN aceydeucy

Should be in there just need to confirm on your side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Put my round in there, +8. Happy on the leaderboard but jeez it's frustrating with two shocking holes f#cking up my round. Still getting to grips with the speed of the swing. And so many putts seemingly missing by inches...

Post edited by JimBurnley on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Downloaded it, gave it a spin last night. Immediately met with the horrid 2K purchasing, a simply useless UI and forever loading for a just me round of golf. Played the tutorials and spent about 15 minutes trying to find the Boston course. Eventually found it, tried it, was at +11 by hole 10. Nothing I could do would stop it massively curving to either side. Tried the 3 click, just as bad. More ads. More loading. Nah, feck it, I felt dirty enough playing a 2k game, not gonna lose any more patience on a too-real-to-be-enjoyable game. Like most modern sport games, it's sacrificing entertainment for realism.

Hope the rest of ye can get enjoyment out of it. Can't believe this is 2nd series I'm hoping EA can make better!

Some absolutely gorgeous courses in the game. Pebble Beach ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You expect to master a game mechanic central to the core gameplay after 15 minutes of practice???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

1st event finished, fair play Sinbad

Yes well done Sinbad winning our first event👍 There were some very tough greens on that course.

Well done Sinbad. Jim, I never knew you were from Cuba.

Great stuff Sinbad! I was basically Happy Gilmore on some of those greens " just go in your hole, that's your hole, why don't you wanna go HOME... LISTEN TO MEEE!"

I'll set up another event this evening as well as consecutive events so that when 1 ends, you can start the next. I think having them open for 3 days is the sweet spot.

That's a great idea to have consecutive events on each day as will give us something to do especially with the horrible weather at the moment.

If you have a bad start to a round, it can be very hard to remain composed. I have often imploded after having a bad start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nope, I realised after an hour that the time and effort needed to play a game that put realism over fun, imo, was not worth it. And I hate 2K. I've hundreds of hours in the 03-09ish ones. Like Fifa, it's not enjoyable for casual play. Like NBA 2K, it's full of horrible microtransactions. And unlike what we should expect of a AAA game in 2023, the UI is horrendous and makes me want to burn it.

Maybe some people need longer to see if they'll like something. I don't. Effort is not worth the reward. At least i tried it. Plenty of other games out there where the publisher isn't treating people like wallets.

Advertisement