Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 2023 *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

Crowd absolutely died during the women's matches tonight. Ronda was a piss break, but the title match was actually good - a pity the crowd died on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

Crowd has been a bit spotty all night imo. They were fairly quiet during the Finn/Seth match for ages too. Not shocked they turned on the Ronda match. Even the Cody/Brock match didn't have them invested at first.

LA Knight was the only thing that got them consistently engaged.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At least they're not bringing the 3 titles out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Final Boss time

Had a feeling Jimi would get involved somehow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They obviously have a plan in mind to keep it going. Jey and Jimmy feuding takes them away from the world title for a bit anyways I suppose

I see Logan is still wearing his SS gear at his brothers fight

So I'm guessing Roman vs Cody 2 is happening at wm now. Can't see anyone beating him until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good call on Jimmy, didn't think it would happen

Disappointed Finn didn't win, as him vs. Priest for the title with TJD tension is well done, building

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Delighted for Ricochet getting his spotlight on a big show.

Brock doing a Hogan move there lose the match however make sure he makes the headlines rasing the winners hand.

The amount of sweat Brock loses each match would fill a swimming pool.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

WALTER looks a lot healthier slimmed down however he doesn't look as intimidating as he previously did.

He actually looked small beside McIntyre even though the are about the same height and weight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

IYO's cash in was illegal, but it'll never be mentioned.

Great to see the Japanese women ruling the North American titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They used to openly state that both competitors had to be on their feet for the bell to ring and the cash in to count, they used to use it to build tension.

But it's one of those things that's only a rule when they remember it's a rule

Oh that’s right. It’s a logical rule in kayfabe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel that’s not been a rule for years tbh. I feel 90% of cash ins nowadays are done in the manner it was last night.

They ran out of family members to bring back, so went back to Jimmy again 😂 I figure we now move towards Jimmy vs Jay at Mania, and Cody vs Roman, which is fine. I feel like the main event result was never in doubt and I rolled my eyes at the Jimmy turn tbh. It’s become too repetitive now.

Richochet vs Paul was great. Disappointed for Finn not to get the win tbh too. But LA Knight getting a big win was loooong overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

Had forgotten about that. Kinda not surprised they ignore it. Cause in theory doesn't that mean the champion could just stay down until there's no ref around, which would be a gas visual. I think cashing-in abruptly comes off as quite heelish anyway so why worry about there being honour with them on their feet.

Bloodline story has gotten really thin for me. The match was fine but hardly 'extreme' enough as the story warranted. I think they're stuck in a loop with the Usos. Jimmy coming back and turning seemed obvious but trying to get it to make sense is going to be rubbish (let me guess, he's jealous of Jey's success or because Jey cared more about getting the title than his brother). Doing it ad naseum with the Usos popping in and out is just tedious by now. Seems clear Roman is holding it till WM and they don't have enough steam left to get it there. Roman constantly winning by interference is just shite at this point.

They were definitely doing it last year.

It's not a big thing, just something I noticed.

More importantly, why was Cody not DQ'd for cracking Brock with the steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah when I saw that, I went back to the beginning of the match to see if there were some stipulations. Thought maybe Last Man Standing since Brock kept trying for the 10 count but Cody got to his feet yet the ref still counted.

Happy Iyo won. Not just for her, but also Asuka was the only one I wanted to win the triple threat. As for the cash in rules, it's not the first time since I remember asking before. Now we'll get another load of moaning from Bianca about getting a rematch since she lost the title and Asuka's rematch will probably fall by the wayside.

Ricochet making the most of getting a PPV match.

The pumped in crowd noise was really obvious for Shayna/Ronda considering how it went from zero to loud. I don't watch MMA apart from the odd fight and from what I could tell, this match moved a lot quicker. And if MMA rules, why weren't there rounds and points? Not that I wanted that match to go on any longer.

Happy Gunther won as well.

• Advertisement

TJ Wilson produced the women's title match, was that the planned ending of Iyo cashing in on new champ Bianca who was hurt?

Bianca goes from longest reigning champ to the shortest 😄

I read that tribal rules match all wrong as I did think no Anoi family could get involved

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently the Brock Cody hug at the end was improved by Brock, hence Cody’s fearful confusion 😂

Logan Paul whether you want to say about him as a person, he gets pro wrestling. He’s really really good at it. It’s the little things he does that are things way beyond his level of experience.

So yeah Logan Paul and Richochet was really good.

I literally turned the sound down and didn’t watch the Ronda and shayna match because while I think shayna had and maybe still has potential if used right, I’m over Ronda big time and hopefully she leaves soon.

LA knight getting the win is great.

brock and Cody was good and brock put Cody over like a million bucks and the stuff at the end wasn’t planned apparently.

lot of stuff was good but I think it was slightly down on the hot run of PPVs they’ve had recently.

I reckon we might see Bianca turn heel soon and possibly join Bobby and the Street Profits new crew

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bloodline could get good again if Solo goes with Jey. Unsure how they can fully make it convincing as Jimmy makes no sense but I only really watch the ppvs so am okay with them trying some strange things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cody had a special moment with his mom anyway hahaha

• Advertisement

Freddie Prinze Jr on the Tribal Combat match

"No one's allowed to interfere, [yet] two people interfere. I didn't feel a lot of Samoan culture in the match, which was just kind of weird to me. And I'm not trying to say it in a woke way, I'm just ... it was basically a [No DQ] match."

Source: Wrestling with Freddie

H/T WrestlingInc

Advertisement