Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 2023 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 26-07-2023 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭

SummerSlam takes place on Saturday, August 5th Ford Field in Detroit

The ppv card so far:-

• Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso - Tribal Combat Rules for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
    • Asuka (C) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women's Title (SD)
    • Seth Rollins (C) vs. Finn Balor for the World Heavyweight Title
    • Gunther (C) vs. Drew McIntyre for Intercontinental Championship
    • Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes
    • Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler - MMA Rules Match
    • Logan Paul vs. Ricochet
    • 25 man Slim Jim SummerSlam Battle Royale
    Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Ronda/Shayna won't be a standard match either from the way they kept talking about it being a fight instead of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently Theory's US title match against Rey or Santos is going to be on SD

KO, Liv and Raquel injured so who for Rhea, and singles match for Sami or solo handicap tag titles defence?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think a handicap match for one batch of the tag titles could be a good way to split the belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Usos got an amazing reaction after the MITB win but not sure would it get a similar reaction if Jey dethrones Roman. Solo turning on Roman helping Jey would be electric saying that

A cash in is definitely extremely possible at this event. More likely be Iyo then Priest

Will they have Jimmy cost Jey the match or will they actually have Roman lose? I think it would be a good idea for Jey to win but then have Priest cash in on Jey straight after the match? You set up the breakdown in JD as everyone will have a title bar Finn or Priest gets kicked out as he heads to SD.

• Advertisement

In the tribal combat match am I right that no Anoa'i family can interfere, if so could Jey win by DQ maybe a new Heyman guy debut, was thinking Bron call up if done with NXT or even Waller who seems to want The Rock, I would love to see Jey win the title(s) but Rhodes Vs. Reigns story ending at next year's WM for the titles is the latest online speculation rumours

We now have a Battle Royal and no Trish Becky match

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tribal rules is no DQ and no countout they said on Raw so there won't be a DQ finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fightful saying Trish vs Becky was pulled because there wasn't enough time on the show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shift the battle royale then. The kick off show being specific.

It's a 4 hour ppv yes? Then yes have the battle royale on the kick off as suggested above

I can't see Becky being happy that her match is off the card and Logan is on, she isn't a fan

Raquel vs. Rhea also apparently pulled over time

• Advertisement

Wonder are we getting an extra long Roman vs Jey match or maybe a cousin of theres is making an apperence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

8 matches announced so far.

I probably wasn't listening to hear it, but I didn't realise that Shayna/Ronda is a MMA rules match. Don't know what that means in WWE terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Faux-MMA, probably with rounds, point-scoring and all. The crowd will shít all over it, rightly. If they wanted to watch MMA, they'd go to a UFC show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No way Reigns is losing to anybody other than Cody.

The tag team scene is threadbare as well.

Will Jey be the new chief champion

If the "big return" is Bray, I'll be disappointed

I'd love it be Big E or Orton

Dreading to think about all the 'personal promos' Cody and Bray will do leading to a match

Was Bray close to Dusty ? One direction they could go

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Good jaysus please don't mix Cody up in that wrestlecrap Bray offers😂

Ricochet and Logan Paul kick off the show tonight, in part I think as he wants to fly straight to his bros fight against Diaz later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

"Kid Rock is still relevant, right?"

Oh Vince.

Happy viewing all

On the bus home from Dublin, never beat a big 4

• Advertisement

Not a fan of his other stuff but there's no denying Logan Paul gets wrestling.

TMO VAR needed ha

Brock wanting to head off early?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cody always looks the part. Some of the best entrance attire in wrestling.

Kairi Sane has agreed with WWE to return, Asuka match helper tonight?

Not a fan of these kinda Lesnar matches, constant count out attempts and his opponent knocked down just waiting around etc.

Cody must be winning

Finally Cody beats Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ThePott

Gonna be very interested to see what they do with Cody from here.

Show of respects in wrestling are so overplayed but the Brock one felt like a big deal cause he so rarely does it.

• Advertisement

Not sure the Brock acknowledgement was needed as it kind of breaks his own aura. A nod would have been enough.

Advertisement