Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which brand of plug sockets to buy.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

On the 'vampire' power MK had a USB A euro -module that switched off the electronics with the shutter

That seems to be gone now with the new models , usage is so low as to be negligible anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Usually the fusible resistor in those devices is considered adequate protection. For example, that's all that's in most mobile phone chargers, plug in chargers generally. There's no user serviceable fuse. In the unlikely event that it overloads, the resistor burns out and the device is written off entirely.

Ya I forgot mobile phone chargers are unfused 🙂

Fusing equipment is ingrained in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

It's usually why you end up with the modules built into sockets tripping out and ending up useless.

I have an aversion to integrated stuff

Separates if one thing goes you're only replacing that section

• Advertisement
Advertisement