Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche mode feb 3rd 2024

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭skaface

What a great gig. DEPECHE MODE were in top form, as we're the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

Great gig

everything counts is a bit on the nose when lads have paid 160 for tickets and 8.50 for a pint though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Ghosts Again is such a beautiful song, it sounded amazing last night.

Sitting here looking back at last nights videos, crowd were amazing, I think Dave said we(crowd) were better than in England!!😂

Wife wants to go and see them again in a few months time must start looking at cheap flights and accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Agree loved ghosts again.

he did say ‘so much better than England’ in the crowd singing bit.

paid 95 for the ticket and happy enough with that. They put on an unreal show. Goodness knows when they around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They were indeed on top form, flew by.

A very enjoyable evening that ended in the Button Factory great vibe there a proper aftershow event, don't recall a band command a club like that with solely their music being played at least for an artist I actively follow I mean.

'Ghosts Again' is a future classic, 'Before We Drown' is one of the best songs on MM so actually quite pleased with that been giving a run out.

Saw the open air show last summer but in Switzerland so pity to evade 'Home' over both shows I know they got it in Malahide so I kinda expected as a rotation song it wouldn't make the cut. 'Behind the Wheel' and 'Black Celebration' though hells yes!

The mind does boggle particularly as an English band they haven't ever been booked to headline Glastonbury, absolutely wild that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

They were absolutely brilliant last night(just to echo what’s been posted). I was a bit wary after Malahide which I loved - the performance, the crowd, the beautiful weather and surroundings - but last night was just as good if not better. Highlights were Somebody, Black Celebration and Martins version of Strangelove. It was a great set - and they still left out a tonne of bangers. They are an unreal stadium act but somehow seemingly still under most peoples’ radar - which I’m very happy about 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was saying this. Like every single person in there last night was into it, it seemed. I’ve never seen an act command a crowd like they can. And yet yes, completely under the radar for most people. It’s difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Good performance but the sound wasnt the best. A few of the songs (which I've heard hundreds of times at this stage) didn't actually register with me what they were till the vocals started.

Actually left a little early in the end to get the luas before the crowds. As I said, good performance but tbh wasn't really as captivating as I'd hoped. I think I'd set my expectations a bit too high after paying through the nose for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yes, we were saying the same . Not so much better in Malahide but crisper .

I was missing words in some of the songs but thought it was me👂 until we discussed it on the way home .Could have been our position at the back of the standing ?

I'd go again tomorrow if I could though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Depeche Mode at Dublin’s 3Arena: ‘So much better than England,’ Dave Gahan tells crowd on seismic evening

Glowing 5 ⭐️ from the IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This .

They were the same in Malahide , thousands eating out of Dave's hands doing exactly as he bid us .

Think that is why Everything Counts went on so long , he was getting a kick out of the crowd, which I thought was a laugh . Not many audiences want to hear the hits from the 1980s now ..

I loved them then and now , grown up and old with them !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Really think it matters a lot where you are in the 3arena. Saw the cure December 22 and was very close to front but to the left. Woeful stuff, couldn’t make out what he wasn’t even saying at times.

down the back in the middle for this. Thought it was ten times better.

it’s just not a great venue but I throughly enjoyed last night and left buzzing. Roll on smashing pumpkins and weezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's exactly where I was standing for most of the show on Saturday night alright, up the front on the left. I'd actually started up the front on the right but decided to move due to bad sound. Should have tried to wade into the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

This was my 10th time seeing Depeche Mode, the 9th being Manchester earlier in the week. They always deliver live, always. Here’s some photos I took..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, Ghosts Again, is a special song.

Here is a different version of it with the BBC concert orchestra that sounds wonderful ....

With this great comment ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was at the front right for New Order recently and it wasnt great either but not as bad as the cure.

worse was QOTSA a few years back.

Always going to try front and middle in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

After living the band for over 40 years I finally got to see them on Saturday night. Loved it and I found it very emotional all my teenage memories to their music and my first gig since COVID and during that period lost my mother and my stepson.

I was also scammed for two tickets on Adverts but thankfully I risked it again and that was fine.

I'm actually Spain mid March I might go to see them again in Madrid or Barcelona. Only live once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Thought Dave's voice and drums sounded better in Point than they did in Malahide.

Great gig. It's incredible think they have so many good songs they can't play because there isn't the time. They could have done another 2 to 3 hours easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Sorry to hear about your Mother and stepson. I haven't lost anyone in my immediate family, however I really feel the songs on Momentum Mori have the feeling you get around loss. They prompt me to think of friends who passed away but in a positive way - if that makes any sense. Hard to describe, like death is painful but your love / respect for your friend endures through it. The thing is like all great artists, they don't make it clear what it is about or what the exact message is, there's no preaching. Instead, they just set the context and you figure out your own meaning to a certain extent.

"Meet you by the river, maybe on the other side".

That could mean another life or just the way the memories of them spin around in your head and pop in and out.

"Everything seems hallow, when you watch another angle die" kinda really strikes at that feeling you get when you find out someone dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Second time for me. Malahide was the first, that was great especially with the fantastic weather. Sound was quieter in Malahide but I was in the gold circle which makes a hassle free gig.

3 arena has not got the best acoustics in certain parts of the venue. I was right of stage, halfway back, sound was okay there, vocals very clear.. Just the constant people pushing through is a pain, maybe I'm getting too old!

Top night though, depeche mode are outstanding live. Highlights for me were Precious, Behind the wheel and Never let me down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ekkinak

my first time to see them, at last, mindblowing, great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Why did they close an entire section of the seating off? Easily could have been sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Advertisement