Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche mode feb 3rd 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

If they are on form you are in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I have seen them twice now, Malahide last year, which was excellent and 3arena years ago, also excellent. Just hope they still have some energy left after all the touring this past year..😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Saw some peoples videos in my tiktok feed and they looked good. Lots of comments from people at the gigs who said they were great. Obviously that's not a guarantee they'll be great, good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Same .

They were fantastic in Malahide last summer so hope this Saturday lives up to that .

Enjoy .

I haven’t been to 3 Arena in an awfully long time. Anyone know stage times and recommend a good time to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

That Rent Allowance from the revenue was burning a whole in my pocket so I treated myself to a re-sale ticket. I've never seen them live but I'm fairly impressed with recent videos I've seen. Pretty steep price wise but they do have a bar themed after them in Estonia so you expect to pay over the odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Never had a standing ticket at 3 Arena before. How comfortable/uncomfortable is it? Is there pushing/shoving etc? I won't be the youngest person at the gig and I really do like a seat....but I like being up close at the stage also 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Depends entirely on the gig! It's a big enough venue that you can have a bit of a walk around and see where's most comfortable.

• Advertisement

It's perfect. Never really have any issues. And can move if you do. Famous last words 😁

There was a few **** at Malahide and people recording everything on their phones. Avoid being near them.

Also, it's Depeche Mode. You won't actually probably be the oldest person there.

If may be very loud depending where you are. Tissue paper or ear plugs if you want to take a break from the noise and protect your hearing. I bring some foam ear plugs in case.

In Malahide the warm up act was ridiculously stupidly loud. But DM was perfect. Not too loud and not too quiet. 😁

I was really worried when I heard the warm up act. Crazy loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ekkinak

To secure a place near the front you would need to go to front of stage by 8pm and don’t budge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Is it just Lager and Guinness at the 3Arena these days or any chance of some sort of ale? Also whats the damage? 8 euro or did some up and coming executive go up to a microphone at the kick off meeting for 2024 and just say "9 Euro pints" and sit down to thunderous applause?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MobileTester

Does anyone know what hotel are they in tonight?

I'll be staying near the back .

Usually comfortable enough back there and room to dance .

Enjoy Depechies !

Dunno now but 8eu a pint / 8.50 glass of wine a couple of months ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Phenomenal. Worth every cent.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Yeah ❤️. Brilliant and they looked as if they enjoyed it just as much as us which is saying something!

Loved that the catwalk came so far into the crowd. They do that at open air stadia but at a smaller venue it meant everybody got up close.

Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Phenomenal indeed!!

Last time in Malahide I was far from the stage. This time I went early and managed to be fairly close to the end of the catwalk, so the experience was different!!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Loved "Walking in my shoes" - great song. They really are great performers.

I last saw Depeche Mode in the SFX in 1985 - 39 years ago! Dave Gahan, Martin Gore and I are still going strong 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great gig really enjoyed it fantastic sound. I was delighted to hear Martin sing "Somebody" one of my all-time favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

Amazing. Rare I fork out that much for a gig but I'm glad I did. Worth every cent.

What a party, great to hear Black Celebration and Music for the Masses feature, my fav live track still Everything Counts though, last few rocked the house. Caught the two black mini cabs taking them away, Bon voyage

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DJB030244

Agree - they were brilliant as always .I get the feeling you like John carpenters music snake?

Did anyone think the sound was better in malahide? We were over on far right on lower seating tier so that may be reason. Still a brilliant gig though. Had a great view of the antics.

Was a great concert. Great setlist and performance. They make it look easy. They sang brilliantly. Sound was perfect for me. Not too loud and crystal clear.

Bit back but still great viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Granite Head

On the walkway. Really enjoyed this.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine, Therapy, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Amble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Great show last night, band were really tight.

One of the best performances of 5 Ive seen.

Gahan is one of the greatest frontmen EVER.

Left the Kaleidoscope bar @ 830 on the dot and managed to get 20 ft from the stage.

Hope to catch them again before the end of this tour

Advertisement