Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Wootton

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

He still is on GB News where he even had the opportunity to promote his gofundme page to his viewer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder are the Mail now part of the "woke conspiracy" against him?

Was Eamonn aware of the allegations against Dan when he agreed to this interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

The chickens are coming home to roost for Mr Wootton.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Reminds me of that Hungarian far right MP who was caught in a massive gay orgy. Glad Wootton's been found out for what he is.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I haven't followed this story for a while but there's been a couple of articles since.

Truby’s Truth – How Murdoch Made Dan Wootton into a Monster

Dan Wootton and Martin Branning – The Proof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 raynehell

Truby's and Dan's truth differ decisively; likely THE truth differs from both

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭maik3n

Unfortunately, it seems as though there is a still a mainstream media blackout of sorts, when you compare this with the Schofield/Edwards scandals.

Mind you, one possible upside to this, (or maybe I'm just imaging it) is the onslaught against Harry and Megan has kind of calmed down a bit recently.

Obviously Dan and Gbeebies will never stop but in terms of the mainstream media, there doesn't seem to be as much news about them.

Being gay has absolutely nothing to do with why Wootton is a complete c...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement

The guardian are reporting on this now.

Of course it does. He allegedly berated 'straight' staff as being in denial of their 'gay' tendencies, claiming everyone is at least bisexual to some degree. His alleged 'honeytraps' were aimed at enticing men in general to 'perform' in his vids with other men, 'giving in' to these supposed secret samesex inclinations. He's long associated and now sides with rightwingers, many of whom are homophobics / homo-haters, whatever their own sexuality

No. Wootton being gay or his victims being gay is not what made him a c***. He just used their sexuality to trap them but no matter what, he still would have shown us all what he is somehow or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

More information coming out.

Utter scumbag, I see a number of his mates are deleting tweets in support of him, rats and a sinking ship spring to mind...

Nana Akua a GB news colleague.

Her tweet about his "fundraiser" has now been quietly deleted.

Adam Brooks another GB news colleague has done similar.

Simon Jones (PR) has deleted pretty much any trace of him.

He has pretty much deleted all his own tweets.

Yet he is still on GB news and they still aren't reporting the story...compare and contrast with the Huw Edwards/Schofield coverage they had...

As soon as Edwards was named - by his wife's lawyers - the entire media stf and total silence has continued ever since!

In such a climate, its hardly a surprise that silence has so far been extended to Dan.

Anyway, now Byline have attacked GB News' boss with allegations against him, that's likely made it more likely they'll reinforce their defense of Dan

I named some of his "mates" who are rolling back their support as you asked no reaction to that?

RE Edwards and his name being released by his wife, It was reported on for a while after (before and after by the BBC itself) but I don't think there was much more to report on, the news cycle moved on, but his career is ruined let's be honest. Also the fact the person involved said nothing illegal happened etc, (the sun could be in legal difficulty by looks of it). I think other news outlets wouldn't want to open themselves up to similar.

Compare and contrast with the Wootton stuff there are a long line of people coming forward. Yet not a single mention on the channel that he is on outside of him saying dark forces are out to get him....lol

OK, I was gonna leave it, give you benefit of the doubt, but as you insist: cite specific comments and link to them.

There was and is plenty to report on: did Huw do what he was accused of? How old was the alleged exploited teen? What connections are there between Huw and the teen, given that the teen's seemingly being represented by the same highpowered lawyers who represent Huw's wife?

Did Huw really enter mental institution? Is he still there? The alleged teen, via lawyers, said the Sun story was false. 'They' - it seems the teen is likely trans - didn't deny 'illegality'.

A long line of anonymous accusers alleging mostly trivial tripe. Which says as much or more about their patheticness, as it does about Dan's alleged actions. Par for the gutter-press course.

They talk trash; Dan talks trash; GB News talk trash.

So what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And there's the whataboutery.

Why don't you prove your claim that Byline Times attacked people. Go on.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Give me the benefit of the doubt lol....Look at the people who I mentioned Twitter/Instagrams plenty of people calling them out, tweets are never really deleted and plenty of screenshots.

Queue the whataboutery lol. Edwards as far as I know has a long history of mental health issues.The person involved said nothing illegal happened I am pretty sure? The sun ran the story initially and dug in, the parents also took a sum of money from talk tv seemingly, I am sure the truth will out.

The majority of his accusers are not anonymous, he also hasnt denied the multiple accounts and the other accusations which is telling. Read the byline times string of articles they are damning. Why are GB news protecting him still and won't even cover it?!? Even the mail have suspended/fired him.

Post edited by gmisk on

Just so you don't have to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Simon Jones has deleted pretty much any trace of his mate Dan (who was all over it at one stage) from his Instagram as well, do you need me to link that one too?

I appreciate your effort; you're a very rare exception;; most of my requests are ignored.

Seems you're right about Nana but wrong about Brooks, who still appears on Dan's show and still has a link to Dan's response on his twitter-feed:

I despise and have nothing to do with Instgram, so don't bother.

What's this Jones guy got to do with GB News?

Edwards has, allegedly, suffered periods of depression.

We've heard nothing directly from 'them' - it seems from the mother's carefully worded references to 'my child' that this person is 'trans' - just an alleged quote from 'their' alleged lawyers (the same high-powered expensive elite ones used by Edwards' wife) that the claims were .rubbish'; whatever that means.

There's no evidence the mother and step-dad have been apid; just one more allegation.

'I am sure the truth will out'?! That's absurd. It rarely does.

The media is full of mistakes, misrepresentations, coverups, highly-selective subjective snippets, lies, distortions; rarely truth or facts.

What's happened to BBC reporters own investigation? Suddenly silenced, like all the other MSM outlets.

'Sitting in Mr Edwards' own chair on News At Ten, his stand-in Reeta Chakrabarti informed the nation about claims the star – not then named – had 'threatened' and 'bullied' a young person he had met on a dating app with allegedly menacing messages. Then there was a further wounding blow from BBC reporters who revealed claims of inappropriate behaviour to staff. It was the fifth case to come to light in as many days'

Most Byline's accusers are anonymous; if you've read all 9 parts like me, you must know that, so let's not kid ourselves, eh?

All 5 in the part1; all in part 2; Truby was later revealed as the anon in part 3; more anons in more parts until finally, we get 2 more names on the record: Kirk Norcross and JJ Bird, whs' allegations amount o very little; Dan asked them to pose for some modelling shots; so what? Sneaky, sleazy, but they're adults and both drew the a line when what he wanted was further than they wanted to go.

The last part concerns other GB News employees - including the boss - and again, all are anonymous allegations

They've attacked Dan, bigtime, as parts 1-8 prove. In part 9 they widen their attack to the GB News CEO specifically, and other as yet unknowns

H. H. Asquith

Byline allege Dan bribed at least 20 men; harassed men; blackmailed men; sent malicious communications to men; bullied, abused, exploited, humiliated and discriminated against selected staff, undermining some and making their work life intolerable, to a point where he prevented them continuing.

Still nothing.

If it was an attack, there'd be a clear case for libel.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Those are all examples of attacks; go get a kindergarden-level dictionary and learn some elementary English

Advertisement