Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Wootton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 raynehell

I watch it daily; it's more fun than most News channels, and Dan regular Ben puts him in his place

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johannmall

Reminds me of a prominent unionist MLA wife who was screwing the staff ! These things always surface , and especially for the self righteous, there's nothing better than their hypocrisises exposed ! Always enjoyed watching Angus Deayton squirm on HIGNFY Before he was axed , how he demolished good folk , anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As a Monaghan man I have to say I do love your sig about Tyrone 😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johannmall

As a dub , easy to see why you made semis , hats off to mcmanus , final score unreflective of a great game !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I remember when some (one) people were desperately trying to claim GBNews was going to dominate the airwaves and change news in Britain.

When in reality it was just grift central with various stooges "hosting".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They still do it from time to time.

I'd be surprised if this is the last scandal from the "talent" of GB News.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Bytline Times?! This blinkered, lefty-biased site castigates The Sun for daring to even suggest the slightest negative suspicion of his holiness Huw, even anonymously; but when it comes to Dan, they hurl all manner of anonymous allegations against him. Yet how different really are the allegations? Both are basically alleged to have paid for sex-pics. Career cancellation for Dan, compassion for Huw?

Wootton is right now live on air dissing the allegations and claiming his main accusers are malevolent liars

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yahoo News

The publishers behind the Sun and MailOnline are looking into allegations that Dan Wootton inappropriately offered colleagues tens of thousands of pounds in return for sexual material.

Wootton’s ex-boyfriend claimed last week that Wootton, who is now a presenter on GB News, used the pseudonym “Martin Branning” and offered individuals large sums of money in return for filming themselves carrying out sex acts.

Alex Truby alleged he made the discovery after accessing Wootton’s hard drive in 2013 and seeing emails mentioning the pseudonym.

On Monday, the website Byline Times went further and published a story claiming that an anonymous “trusted former colleague” of the GB News anchor had come forward to say Wootton used the Branning name. The Guardian has not been able to independently establish the link between Branning and Wootton.

Many of the allegations relate to the time when Wootton was employed by the Sun, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News UK. The Guardian understands the organisation has no record of internal complaints relating to a Martin Branning, although it is urging anyone who wishes to make fresh allegations to approach the company.

A spokesperson for News UK said: “We are looking into the allegations made in recent days. We are not able to make any further comment at this stage.”

Wootton currently writes a regular column for MailOnline. A spokesperson for DMG Media, the site’s parent company, said: “We are aware of the allegations and are looking into them.”

The Guardian has over the last three years talked to multiple individuals working in the media who say they have been approached online by a person using the name Martin Branning.

The individuals, usually with links to the Sun, described being offered tens of thousands of pounds by Branning, usually in return for performing sexual acts on camera. The messages appeared to be personalised and were targeted at individuals, usually straight men, including employees of News UK.

Wootton has denied that any illegal behaviour took place and has not commented further on the allegations. His employers at GB News did not respond to a request for comment.

• Advertisement

Update:

Wootton has taken control of his own story becoming the first MSM presenter to publish anything about it. He began his show tonight with an adamant denial, defacto daring anyone to say otherwise. Impressive move, whether guilty or innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I hope the legal teams of said accusers are paying attention.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

If other MSM outlets follow up on this and continue attacks on Dan, then yeah.

But after the Huw debacle, most may be too timid to risk it, in which case Dan will have little need to take legal action. He says the cops are well aware, and as at least one of the accuers is a felon, that guy'll have to watch himself

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I'd be surprised if this is the last scandal from the "talent" of GB News.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Lost £30m in its first year and had an audience share of 0.25% in April 2023 according to BARB and 0.3% for its radion channel in March.

A roaring success.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

GB News Star Dan Wootton Unmasked in Cash-for-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal

I will do a little jig if he is guilty. Dan Wootton is a $©##8@#! The site will be publishing more today and through the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His employers should suspend him while investigations are carried out like he demanded for Philip Schofield and others during allegations investigations

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lorraine Kelly will be devastated by the news. That's Lorraine Kelly the TV presenter, a character played by a person named Lorraine Kelly. For tax avoidance reasons naturally.

Innocvcent until proven guilty. They'd be fools to take their most popular presenter off air 'cos a bunch of compulsive liars allege years old wrong doing that he admantly denies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Interesting to see some of his statement yesterday. He was adamant the 'establishment' wast trying to take down GBNews with these types of stories.

Maybe I am wrong here but isn't Jacob Rees Mogg a presenter on GBNews also? Surely you can't get more establishment than JRM?

JRM also under some scrutiny I noticed by some commons select committees around this gig also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

Wootton is a massive creep.

GB News is the cultural dumping ground for establishment deplorables.

H. H. Asquith

'The establishment' has become a vacuous term of abuse, meaning f-all. Maybe he thinks he's talking about the BBC and its political and business backers? Mogg is seen, and seems to see himself as, under attack from a supposedly 'woke' new 'leftist' establishment. The same 'establishment' that did for his old boss Boris. Mogg harks back to a fantasy Britain 'fair' and 'decent' people ruled.

The Standards Committee held Mogg and several other MPs accountable for attacking their credibility whille denouncing it as biased against Boris. The House of Common debated this but declined to punish Mogg et al

Dan Wootton was a ‘Serial Bully’ at the Sun – But Bosses Promoted Him as Complaints were Silenced

If these guys really think this stuff's so bad, they're naive and sheltered. The Sun in recent decades and especially since the hacking takedowns, is a timid place comapred to it's 20th Century heyday. A day under Kelvin Mackenzie would make anyone long for a lifetime of relative luxury with dalring Dan doing his worse. Back then, 'bullying' was something you suffered at and learned to deal with at school. As an adult, you were either immune or heading for the scrap heap. To imagine a world where written speech-slights on screens would be seen as potential crimes and career cancelling, would've been beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm always amazed when someone is arguing that people in a job should expect to be bullied and harassed just for turning up to the office.

I'm not. The right really seems to love cruelty for some reason.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

They see bullying and cruelty as a show of strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It reminds me of working in call centre. there were people who would ring up and be incredibly abusive to the agents. And women always got it worse than men. In my time there I saw girls finish calls and have to take a break because they were crying. I had to listen to some of the calls for QA purposes. The people calling were just nasty. They were viscous and abusive. Thing is that I never got the abuse when I took calls. I think it was mainly women or guys with non English/Irish accents who got it.

The idea that people should put up with abuse just because of their job is horrible to me. If someone can't interact without being abusive then they shouldn't be in the workplace.They're the problem, not the people they're abusing

• Advertisement

SLAPP stands for Strategic lawsuits against public participation, or strategic litigation against public participation, and are lawsuits intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. 

Advertisement