Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from CA Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are not subject to the Dispute Resolution process. They can be discussed in Help Desk, and I have moved the thread

Firstly though you should attempt to resolve this with me via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have pm'd

I still feel this ban is unjustified

I do not think I attack any poster personally even though I myself do be on the thread and take without complaining, I provide proof links when asked unlike others

I am not sure who follows up on this now is it @awec or @Spear over dispute bans or someone else

The mod @Beasty who I have pm'd and asked questions has stated the ban remains but I feel is it unfair so whomever reviews can I ask for a review please

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You repeatedly broke thread rules. You were repeatedly warned for breaking those rules. Eventually I gave up giving you warnings as you ignored them. You were threadbanned for this, as I have explained via PM and indeed in this thread:

I deleted 9 of your posts for failing to follow thread rules since that thread. You have received 10 zero point warnings and 1 one point warning in the refugee policy thread

If you cannot heed the warnings what other option do you think I should follow?

I'll ask again how did I attack other thread posters, by adding some humour to the thread, mentioning fairy tales?

I still maintain EU policy should be allowed discussed as Ireland is in the EU and follows their directive on refugees, they have fined Ireland

I understand on going court cases cannot be discussed but crimes involving refugees and asylum seekers to back up when asked to support a statement were needed or explain how Ireland was importing crime another reason why we need zero policy

I already was querying your warnings @Beasty as I felt some were unwarranted

Anytime I was asked for proof I provided unlike other posters

I got name called on the thread but didn't report just took it on the chin

I don't understand which 9 posts were deleted or why

Perhaps someone outside can review

I'm sorry @Beasty but I don't accept and agree with your ruling and would like outside review

If someone reported me I'd like to know who and why

• Advertisement

We do not disclose who reported what

Unfortunately search is playing up, but I will try and dig out the posts that were deleted. One thing you must understand though - you do not determine what can and what cannot be posted. That thread was only allowed under strict posting rules as set out in the OP. You repeatedly ignored those rules and suffered the consequence. You were given way too many chances in that thread. 11 warnings is, I am pretty sure, way more than anyone else. Many get threadbanned after a couple of warnings. I really could not have given you any more leeway but you repeatedly threw it back.

Deleted posts:

• Trying to make it a thread about another poster:

"@suvigirl posts about her Swedish friends, do you have issue with that @Goldengirl ?

It seems if your are pro you will put a spin on anything to fit your narrative

• And another

Sure Simon and all the refugees and asylum seekers are enjoying afternoon tea parties in big hotels in Dublin 2 and 4 in @suvigirl 's Ireland

I'd say some of the posters on here could pass someone being attacked and still not believe

MSM articles aren't believed"

• And another

"I provide proof in an article from MSM but I am still wrong, OK I didn't have Harris word for word but the overall the message was the same

@suvigirl really does seem to live in a very different Ireland to me, even their Sweden is different"

• and another

I post something from social media I'm wrong, I post something from main stream media I'm wrong

I'm not denying there is good and bad in all nationalities but a thread on zero refugee policy should allow mention of crimes involving refugees and asylum seekers which there is, especially sex crimes and murders so excuse me if I worry about them living near me or my relatives or friends especially elderly retired who do not want to live in fear

From experience, stories and cases not all are positive like in Suvi's Ireland

The cases of failed applicants, no deportations, we don't where they are in Ireland, they can come over here from anywhere in Europe with failed applications on the run, end up staying here

I could go on, but it's clear from those examples you were baiting another user. There is nothing funny about that sort of behaviour

Now onto some of your prior warnings

• "Oh AnnaDesperado is it so wrong not to be wanting to import other countries criminals when we have many of our own here already"
    • "Our Living Island Policy
    • In this one you provided zero evidence a refugee was involved

"A Central Criminal Court jury found Utseoritselaju Uwatse (25) of Avonmore Road, Raheen, Limerick, guilty of a single count of rape in March this year. The offence took place on 20 April, 2018. He has no previous convictions. The injured party, Danielle Lyons, waived her anonymity in order to name Uwatse. Seamus Clarke SC said his client was living and working in the UK and was about to board a flight to Milan for a modelling job when he became aware that the gardaí wished to speak with him. He said Uwatse surrendered himself to the UK police and returned to Ireland for questioning. Counsel said that both of Uwatse’s biological parents and his stepmother now all live in Nigeria, his sibling lives in the United States, and he has no family in this country.

The Journal

I just can understand from these cases that people are frightened by the amount of men coming here with no knowledge of their background hence my posts on the crimes, Ireland has enough of it's own scumbags to be importing more that is what deportation and stricter vetting on entry is needed, sex criminals are on a register here"

Again I could go on but I have spent too much time dealing with you already. You have completely ignored all the warnings and are now whinging when you have had far more leeway than anyone else in that thread

I was replying to Suvi's posts so I can mention them, I do not see it as poster bashing, baiting or attacking

Suvi talked in the thread about her Swedish friends views but Goldie did not want to hear friends opinions from other posters but was not against Suvi's

I was posting about crimes involving a Nigerian as many here are or were asylum seekers, refugees, I was talking about not taking in criminals, importing crime, as plus point for zero policy on refugees etc.,

Suvi kept asking me for the same proof which I was replying giving so I just used humour for their fairy land Ireland

I still do not see all the warnings as warranted

EU policy should be discussed as Ireland is part of the EU and they have fined us over lack of refugee accomodation

I do not see a problem with reporting a crime committed by a former or current asylum seeker or refugee

I feel I am being punished for replying to posts to me, speaking up, providing proof that some posters didn't like or ignored so kept asking for proof again and again

I would still please ask for outside review

The problem is you seem incapable of sticking to the actual topic.

I could post another dozen or so examples, but what I have posted above is more than enough to show you were incapable of heeding the warnings

You have had enough chances already and are getting no more in that thread

The thread is about Ireland's refugee policy so crimes and EU policy should be allowed discussed as also answering back posters, replying

Again please could I have an outside review perhaps you @Beasty could please let another another mod or cmod evaluate, whomever is over disputes etc., I'm not sure who it is

I still feel some of the warnings were unwarranted

• Advertisement

This is not part of the Dispute Resolution Process and I can post here in the same way you can

I have explained all the warnings I issued whenever you have requested an explanation

The problem I have is you repeatedly ignored all the warnings. You tried to set the parameters of what was permissible in the thread. Sorry that's not how it works, and particularly with a thread like that which followed on from threads that had to be closed. By applying strict posting criteria the thread remains open. If you get your way and people are allowed to discuss other posters and veer off topic it will be closed

Again how is responding to a particular poster in the manner I did wrong especially with Suvi?

Why did you do so? It is not a friendly mention. You referred to another poster as a "mad hatter". Well actually it was aimed at two posters

Other posters are not the topic. They should never be mentioned like that

Do you really not understand that?

Who did I call the mad hatter precisely, read the post I didn't call any poster the mad hatter just said the if Goldie was invited to the tea party with Suvi and Simon Harris she might meet the mad hatter again in reference to fairy land not directly calling it to anyone

I'm thinking GoldieGirl read my posts wrong and reported me despite putting me on her ignore list as she did not like me talking about negative crimes involving refugees and asylum seekers and also that I was scaremongering despite providing proof then I was just article dumping

As I put in jest for humour about a tea party thrown by Suvi and Simon Harris

The solution was simple. Unfortunately you chose to ignore the many, many warnings and faced the consequences

You received mod instructions in those warnings which you failed to abide by. Ignore the warnings - face the consequences

Again I do feel some of those warnings were unwarranted so what is next step procedure here?

• Administrators Posts: 53,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Late to the party here, but since you PMed me I took a look through this as a second pair of eyes.

I count 11 mod actions against you in the thread in question. I see no reason to overturn this thread ban, and no suggestion that it's unfair or undeserved.

Some of those were unwarranted or taken out of context wrongly but I do appreciate you at least looking into

• Advertisement

I doubt I will get anywhere by posting here again and honestly I feel mods are bias to certain posters who can attack and troll posters without any consequences but I said I would try

I got thread banned from a CA thread for responding to an attack on me while said attacking poster is not thread banned, how is that fair?

@awec @Sephiroth_dude @Beasty @Ten of Swords @Spear

Does this relate to your most recent threadban in the forum in connection with this thread?

If so have you attempted to discuss this with the mod who threadbanned you via PM?

So you said to another poster

"I find you very patronising, condensing even trolling and down right bullying"

You also picked up another warning in the thread yesterday when you were warned that further transgression would result in a threadban

There really is nothing more to say here beyond the threadban was totally justified. You chose to attack another poster and had your posting privileges removed

But their trolling and attack on me was fine and justified with you? I do not see them threadbanned

I am dealing with your post and threadban. I will not discuss any actions against another user with anyone but that user

Your warning yesterday included

"This is the exact type of posting that saw you banned from the other immigration thread. If you keep it up you will be banned from this one too"

And having been banned from the refugee thread you tried shoe-horning refugees into this thread

Today you made an uncivil post aimed at another user. This was the second time you had made similar comments about the same poster in that thread. The warning and resultant threadban are entirely appropriate in the circumstances

A thread about immigration will have refugee talk, which others in the thread are also mentioning and discussing

I am beginning to think @Beasty you may have a bias towards certain poster(s) which imho is not fitting behaviour from a mod as everyone should be treated fairly and equally

My "uncivil post" was in defence of their attacking post on me

Please report any posts you believe cross the line

I have nothing further to say on the threadban beyond confirming it is thoroughly deserved and not being lifted

I did flag report and even pm'd you about some but it seems my complaints are not worthy of your attention and investigation

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi @JP Liz V1 - you cannot see what action is or is not taken against other posters, the same as other posters cannot see what action is or is not taken against you.

I have looked again at this new thread ban, and unfortunately for you I see no reason to overturn it. You were warned about your posting on July 30th, and then were uncivil to another poster on July 31st in the same thread.

It is your accumulation of infractions when it comes to this particular subject that is your undoing, rather than any one specific post. Looking at your record, there is an obvious pattern there.

It's clearly a subject you are quite passionate about, so if there are any more threads on this in future, I would encourage you to be more careful with your posts, and if you feel anyone is having a go at you unfairly then report the post and it will absolutely be looked at.

Advertisement