Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkleigh, Seven Mills, Dublin 22

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

They are, but they can only buy whats available. So you arent going to get the same proliferation of social housing that you see with new builds.

Yeah its madness.

Avoid new builds like the plague and let your TD know it isnt on to keep giving new homes over to those that cant afford them, to the detriment of those that can.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 topal

This is true.

You can take it further. Apart from the at least 10% Part V requirement, most developers are of the opinion that 2/3 bedroom apartments are essentially unprofitable in most areas to sell directly to people.

A safe assumption is most apartment blocks currently being built will go to either social housing via the council or housing associations like tuath.

Yes. The part 5 is just the start of it.

The councils then hoover up as many homes as they can so that they can reduce their social housing list and then are dumb enough to seek kudos and likes from the working electorate - the very people they have snatched the new houses from!

It goes like this...

State doesnt bother building social houses.

State waits for developer to build private houses. Private buyers are pleased, as there is potential for them to finally own a home.

State outbids private buyers using private buyers money via taxation, then expects thanks from private buyer.

Private buyer is pi**ed off. But as they arent on any form of housing list, State does not care.

Repeat cycle.

Private buyer emigrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fabiolasays

Did anyone book here? How was the viewing and houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 classynow

I was there, didn't manage to book, but I was close. Most of the people were high-income earners from South Asia. Fair play to them and their persistence as some of them stayed there the whole night.

In my opinion, the houses are worth the price; they are like any other new builds. The area is still under construction; this is the first phase. Estate agents told us that nearby duplexes are going for cost rental, and the apartments will be BTS, though ground floors will probably end up with social housing.

Since I was close, estate agents reassured us they will use the cancellation list for the upcoming phases. The next one should launch in 6 weeks, and the move-in date should be February. I'm not sure whether I should trust them; is anyone familiar with HMD and their track record?

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with the local government and city planners. There is an obvious demand; there were around 300-400 high-income earners queuing up with mortgages/deposits ready, and you can only come up with 50 houses... There's abundance of space there, and I'm sure all of those people would consider larger-spacious apartments as well. Other countries would do everything to keep those people!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

Overnight queue to buy in D22 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

" Estate agents told us that nearby duplexes are going for cost rental, and the apartments will be BTS, though ground floors will probably end up with social housing." 🤣

Estate agents will tell you anything to get the booking deposit. Do not believe a word of this rubbish. They have no way of knowing what will happen with any future development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abhirup

I went there last week for the viewing. We were invited for the viewing at 10. After looking at the prices of those houses on sale, I was excited and thought to reach there little early. But to my surprise, I saw a big queue in front of me with atleast 150 people ahead. On checking with people around, I heard some of them stayed overnight at the site. After seeing all these, I lost all my hope of owning a house in Dublin. Prices are cheap if compared with other estates around D22 or Lucan/Adamstown with better connectivity with the city. But again, its a new development with absolutely nothing around within 1km. So it is going to be a risky bet. Congratulations those who managed to book one.

https://twitter.com/protechstone/status/1698092832328667174

The queue seems insane , I guess they have HTB eligible houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

That is not a fake video I can confirm that, that was the queue on open viewing date and also people stayed overnight as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abhirup

This is not fake. I see myself in the queue. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

And will be surrounded by social housing.

An expensive council estate on the fringe of nowhere. But its hard enough to buy anyehere these days, sadly.

Though I dont think those that missed out will be too dissapointed in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xdoe

For those who moved in. How’s it going? Are you able to find school places for your young ones?

Advertisement