Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stiophan

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stonet123

It all depends on where you get put but regardless it’s Mon-Fri. There’s lots of offices that are still WFH in AGS and there’s also some who are back full time in office. I’m WFH at the minute which is 2 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Help_Dubai

this is the key question for me - will WFH stay in AGS though like other Departments? Also if you’re in AGS is it as easy to get things like shorter working year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stonet123

It literally all just depends on how things are from office to office but as for shorter working year etc I haven’t heard of any problems from my colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I’m on the internal and external waiting list for Interview and got the text re AGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

Garda Civilians are changing to public service staff rather than civil service. That means no CS Mobility, and no longer being able to go for Interdepartmental promotion competitions (among other things).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 VCK_AGS

I'm in HQ as well and I got contacted, was wondering the same thing

Civilian gigs are Mon to Fri, lots of departments have a WFH option, just depends on where you end up. Overall I love it here and I'd be quite happy to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Danny Doodle

@kirbi

Thanks for the information on this. This might be a deal breaker and I may hold out on this and wait my turn on the panel if that is the case. Seems a bit crazy the competition is labelled as a "civil service competition" only for it to be public service with none of the benifits of CS. I guess this is why they are sending out the emails to people to ask would this be suitable for them. It must have said at least 3 times in the email "are you sure you want to work for AGS" which seemed strange as from my past experience with these competitions you usually have to take what you are given. I only have until 11am to make my mind up on this and really don't know what to do as I have a generally high number in my OOM and am worried if I don't put my name in for this I won't get called for any others :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭koifish

Offers like this aren't unusual, I heard a similar offer happened with the CO panel for work with Agriculture at the ports. If you just ignore it you'll remain on the panel as normal. AGS had their own external panels also which will pick people up.

PAS seem to be progressing fast for this 2 year panel and there's still lots of movement across many depts as you'll see on the news (IPO, Justice etc. expanding) so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Advertisement

Thank you for this. So maybe I might just wait it out if they seem to be getting through it rather quicky and wait for a civil service role. Appreciate the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭egan23

How long have the interviews been for most people it says 45 mins on the email

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oisin8888

Does anyone happen to know were they are with the Irish Language stream of the interview stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BoldPriest

Mine was bang on 45 mins, they stick to it religiously in order to ensure everyone gets the same chance.

Approximately 8 minutes per competency and about 5 at the start for introduction etc.

Were the interview questions tough did you find? Have being doing interviews the past 2 years in my current role and am dreading to be on the other side of one. It has been over 7 years since my last one 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rosknight

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DeEdge

if you are currently an EO and take up an offer in this competition , are you required to do probation again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

No, generally not. Of course confirm that with the Department if you go to move after getting offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Podgesull1

Hi I would be grateful if anyone could help . I want to study for EO exams what's is the best route or example questions to have to study

Guys/gals, I just got an email for my interview, I need help with the interview prep as I am crap at interviews. Can anyone offer some advice for this one, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SpringThing

Got my department, DSP, no word on start date or role yet hoping it’s City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just have a ecample for each competency and answer in the STAR format and you should be fine. Loads of info in the thread already too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J2024

I received the ags text as well. Anyone know where they are on interviews? The oom

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Curiosity1234

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anybody has an idea of time frames completed my interview a few weeks ago, I haven't gotten an offer yet but I have submitted all the information to them, my references have been checked and my vetting is at "Application scheduled for completion" I've nothing that will show up on that so that shouldn't be a blocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpringThing

I have been placed as an EO in the same department I work in as a CO,(different location) Has that happened anyone? Do I still get a new laptop?. I'm hoping it might make the overall move more smooth but it's probably all the one regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

It happens, you aren't likely to receive new hardware unless that is something you need seeing as your accounts and that wouldn't need to be changed to begin with? Unless you're moving to another building then it is possible I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

I received news that I passed EO interview end of Jan and started in my new EO role early April - hope that gives an idea of timeframe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone know if they've started calling the next batch for interview?

Advertisement