Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MatildasMammy

I'm getting flashbacks to the awkward silences in my interview, Not confident but hoping I did enough to pass. Did the last batch of interviews finish up last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭aaron5250

Currently at the following OOM

Open 702

Inter-departmental    246

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Interviewed last thursday and just got email to say Id passed and moved to a decent oom

Delighted.

Post edited by Naid23 on

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Your OOM identifies you to anyone on the interview panel so I'd remove that

Post edited by PmMeUrDogs on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpringThing

I had my interview last week, Found out I passed today. My place on the interdepartmental OOM is higher than the Open, I’m not actually two years in the service until March so only eligible for the open, If they reach my OOM on the interdepartmental will they just skip me or how will that work? I don’t particularly want to stay in my department anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Noted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LooeyWalsh

Congrats on passing your interview. You don’t qualify for the interdepartmental as you weren’t in the service 2 years when the competition began so you shouldn’t have an OOM for that stream. Even if so it unlikely you will stay in your department as the interdepartmental stream can be allocated anywhere just like the open stream. It is named interdepartmental for staff that have been employed in the service for 2 years or more, it doesn’t have any bearing in staying in your current department.

That’s my understanding of it anyway.

No worries, removed the quote from my post too. And congrats! That's an excellent OOM, I had an almost identical one and was given my formal offer extremely quickly after that panel placement so hopefully you won't be waiting too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MoSan

Just got my interview date for the end of March. I'm in the late 800's on the open competition. They seem to be flying through them

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dubbloke100

Current status - OOM 894 for the open panel and OOM 304 for the interdepartmental panel for stage 2 interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Here48

Hi how do you find out the oom number they are up to? I emailed them twice to try and find out where they were up to and got no reply. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dubbloke100

Try email LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Breaker10

Anyone have info on Dept. Of Health? Been assigned to start in 4/6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can't even remember my OOM anymore lol - guessing about 3 months before an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

An ex work colleague got assigned there, think they are happy enough, flexi from home and good blended

Just wondering what way it works with pay, When I start as an EO do I wait two weeks before getting paid? Currently a CO.

Unsure if it's the same for every dept, but my dept, pay is every second Thursday.

I started the Monday before payday (ie 3 days before pay day) and was paid for the 3 days that Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Has anyone been placed in Revenue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Depends, if you start on a week that EOs are paid you'll receive 4 days pay for that week and then 2 weeks pay every 2nd week after I believe the case is.

Thanks, Currently in clearance but haven't heard anything back yet about my post. Starting to panic thinking I made out I like what I do too much in the interview and they're trying to put me in a similar role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Danny Doodle

Hi all, just joined boards to ask this question. I done this test back in August and have yet to hear anything so this has been fantastic to hear all of the stories and to get a better understanding how it all works. I did pass but I guess you could say it was by the skin of my teeth and my OOM was 2000 in the open competition. Is it best I forget about this position ever coming up as I am far too behind in the order of merit or may something still come of this, albeit another 6 months :)

most previous dublin panels are exhausted before they expire so presuming this panel goes into 2025 then yea you will probably hear by the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Hi there,

Do you happen to know whether the next Open EO Dublin Campaign will start before they exhaust this one (or it expires)? I missed applying for this one and am currently a CO of 3 months but I really need to get up to EO grade asap both for financial and brain reasons!

I'm just trying to calculate how much longer it might be so that I can calibrate my expectations/anxiety appropriately 😁

Thank you 🙏

it could happen before or after really but generally they are ran every 2 years so you'd probably be looking at Summer 2025.

Keep an eye out for private recruitment directly to some departments if you're okay with a move, I know a handful of departments work with Staffline when required and there's a few other companies that hire too.

If you're okay with going outside of the Civil Service I think the HSA are looking for EOs right now but that could have closed :( I know what you mean about financial and brain reasons I was struggling on a CO wage its shocking what they make but I guess it is an entry level position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

. Scratch that, misread

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭koifish

I know the feeling, the CO salary is dire especially for Dublin. Keep in mind there are the ongoing union pay rises (hopefully a 9%+ increase by 2026) plus your own yearly incrementals, so it will gradually get better. But I was in your same situation years ago (financial + mental strain from it all) and my personal advice is to take what steps you can now, rather than waiting and stressing more as the future panels can be slow and/or unpredictable. Some EO roles can be stressful and focus more on people management (above and below you) and you need to be in the right headspace for that madness too.

So if there's something in the private sector (or other public areas) that could work out better financially or for experience, give it a go and reapply for EO when it comes back again. The public sector and more panels will always come back around, you'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭vatsie76

Hi Folks,

Need your advise, Can I cite example of my masters dissertation in analytical and decision making competency or does it have to be work related. any suggestions please advise.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭aaron5250

Did people who did the interview, find it tough?

Anything you would do differently if you could do it again?

Im a doing it in the coming weeks (Mid 900 OOM)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭skidmarkoner

900s? They are actually going through this one quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 DeEdge

Does anyone know why inter and open OOM are not at the same stage ? Example Open 900 inter 300

Advertisement