Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies footballers and camogie will play 'under protest' over lack of progress on welfare

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Another reason to bring all under the one umbrella, with a proper integrated fixture list. This nonsense happens all the time, for example during the leagues the men's and ladies teams games are often fixed for the same time at different venues. It seems at times as if the LGFA officials in particular deliberately go out of their way to provoke fixture clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

As a club official myself, I'd be genuinely interested in talking to one of your club officials if you really do operate that way. I'm curious as to how exactly certain things operate. One example:

My GAA club has a physio at all matches and almost all training sessions for our adult men's hurling and football teams. We have three hurling and two football teams, who between them play a minimum of 50 and closer to 60 matches each year, between league and championship. Physio fees of €100 per match and somewhere around €60 per training session. Total physio cost for the year is in the region of €10,000.

The camogie club and LGFA club here don't employ a physio at all. Between them, they've probably around the same number of matches and training sessions, so doing so would probably cost in the region of a further €10,000.

If there was full integration and equality, how would a physio for the women's teams be paid for? The GAA club doesn't have a spare €10,000 per year knocking around. Neither the camogie club nor LGFA club has €5,000 each for it. Where would/should this extra €10,000 come from? How do you manage it in your club?

Also, I'll repeat my earlier question, which has so far gone unanswered. It's easy to see how camogie and ladies football would benefit from integration, but how exactly would the GAA benefit from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

You don't need to be part of the same organisation in order to better coordinate fixtures. All you need is for two or more organisations to be in better and more regular contact if they want to work around each other.

Advertisement