Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Well the talk of conversations right across the country if you want to be pedantic about it. . . . Irish people are noticing that their own kids are leaving Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Em... what? This is nothing to do with emigration. It's about the unaffordable cost of existing in the country, not immigration.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not pedantry , just a general wariness of people who claim to speak for the Irish people or tell us what we’re thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

I never claimed to speak for anyone. I hear these conversations every day and they're happening in every village, town and city right across the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Importing crap from British fascists won't fix anything.

I know McGregor's an MMA champion. Or was. I don't know but I would think he'd have better things to do with his spare time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

In fairness, he'd pretty good options. His Da had his own plumbing company and Conor was part way through his apprenticeship was he jacked it in to go full time MMA.

Also he grew up in lovely leafy Leixlip, what's wrong with there?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pretty much nailed what these parties are all about

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Fair play to you for visiting every town, village and city 🤣 Mr. I don't speak for the whole of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Son of a immigrant speaks out about immigrants coming into the Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭pgj2015

You know what is funny, when I hear foreigners giving out about Ireland letting too many foreigners into the country. 🤦‍♂️ it happens more than you think and is very strange.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Says it all: though also says much that the "painting" chooses to make its agitated masses look like raging ghouls. Especially that slightly haunting looking one in the background. I suspect this was an AI Painting, hence the blurred and deformed faces in the background as detail was lost - but it also suits the audience perfectly. They're brutes with nothing to give or add to our countries except violence. Fascist Fúcks.

Funny the only time I see of McGregor now is when he gets referenced here. Usually for conducting himself like the giant arse he appears to be. Is he now a "secret" racist? Good stuff, more reasons to simply ignore the plank til he goes away. Can't say I'm entirely surprised he's of the "breaking point" narrative.

I don't think there's much "secret" about it. He's associated himself with various right wing types so that would be the next logical leap for him.

I agree re the AI painting. The so-called Irish Nationalist parties like the National Party and the Freedom Party have long had affiliations through Jim Dowson and others with British fascists like Paul Golding. They don't care one scrap about real people. As you said, "Fascist f*cks".

H. H. Asquith

He has one win in the last 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

What a blanket statement.

You think the people coming in here that pay taxes and work hard are not entitled to a voice on the very obvious issues with the immigration system do you?

Don't worry, you are not alone I have friends and relations like you "De foreigners"

I classify them as Gobshites.

Lots of people like to pull up the ladder after they've climbed it. Homeowners vociferously object to new houses being built, immigrants object to immigration, rich people want tax cuts, etc...

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Where does that sit with the people who were rioting during the week, seeing as they weren't really decent people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I dont care if they pay taxes here, they are foreigners themselves so why do they think they are better than the foreigners who are trying to move to Ireland after they have? it is a selfish mindset. im ok so fcuk everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That would just mean his constituents were getting shyte representation. It’s not like anybody else would take him seriously. The Dublin scummer version of a Healy-Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Immigration or whatever other wedge issue that is brought up are just distractions from what is actually causing harm.

We need access to housing for all. Secure employment contracts. An end to car dependent building. Fight poverty.

Billy Bleach aka comedian Simon Day put it best a few years ago. ‘Don’t fight each other, fight power’

Beating up immigrants, protesting library books etc etc achieves nothing. Stopping someone with different colour skin from living on your road isn’t going to put food on your table or make sure there are teachers in the schools, ensure after school activities have funding, stop drug addiction centres in deprived areas being closed down with no notice (as happened in Clondalkin this week.)

Protest that. Stand up for that. Help each other and hold our politicians to account. We put them there. Remind them of that.

Ignore these people with no mandate. And fringe politicians that are powerless. They can do nothing and the attention only feeds their egos.

Conor McGregor couldn’t get a pothole or street light fixed.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Foreigners who live in Ireland and pay taxes are entitled to their opinion and this has value and saying otherwise is just rude and disrespectful. On the other hand if a person who's never lived in Ireland gives their opinion on living here their opinion doesn't hold much weight as they don't have any experience of living here, it's not that hard to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d be interested in seeing Mac G’s political manifesto and giving it a read and then see about voting for his party.

I’d be in favour of seriously managed migration and much reduced numbers coming in.

But He seems to want ireland to leave the EU?

That’s a lot of business support gone straight off the bat.

Also - if Big Mac could get a few high profile “trusted” supporters to publicly back and maybe even run for election, it would be a big help for him to appeal across the board for votes.

If he got his party members into those roles then as Conor does say .... Vegas Baby!!!

Someone like Goochy Cooper or Pat Spillane would be a good boon for a future McG fronted political party - if he could get him?

Resonates with rural Ireland GAA crowd who often would be less than enthused about Big Mac himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I would also add stopping foreigners from living on your street is not going to bring back a world where "everyone knows their neighbours" or "a community"

People knew their neighbours because they had no one else to talk to. I live in a 100% white Irish area but now I can use my phone/laptop talk to my friends who I actually like all around the world rather than my neighbours who I have nothing in common with other than geography.

This community sht was peddled all through Brexit too so no surprise those little fools cosplaying as English hooligans talking about how "Irish lives ma-ar" are copying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement