Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

After Sales Experience with EV's

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I have a BIL working as a Mechanic is Renault. I genuinely wouldn't let him change a light bulb for fear he would set something on fire. That's the calibre of Mechanic at Renault, so I wouldn't go near them for use of their toilet, let alone any car related issue.

My experience with Nissan service/repair across 3 garages. I had to fight the dealership in London who sold me an extended warranty (knowing the car would be registered in ROI,,,,assuring me it was honourable across the whole Nissan netwok) to pay Windsor Raheny the cost to do a shim kit install. No loaner car provided. Their mechanics took the car on a speed joyride which I could see on my dashcam. No problem other than the lack of respect to owners vehicle.

Same garage also didn't have a clue about how to fix a common issue with the PTC heater. Said the dash had to come out, even though the part is under the bonnet, below the DC to DC converter.

I had a minor recall issue dealt with at Windsor Airside, not wanting to bring it to Raheny. They were better to deal with and I picked a day they had a courtesy car available. I waited over a month and a few days before, they range to reschedule due to staff being on holidays. It was moved back about 3 weeks and I reminded them I needed the courtesy car. When I dropped the car in, there was no courtesy car available and nothing mentioned on their system. I had to get a taxi home and a lift back in later that day. Cr@p service. I had much better service from a used car dealership a decade ago!

Tesla so far have been good. I had a chip on the window trim when I collected the car. Spent an hour waiting at the service centre (which was very quiet) before I had to grab the attention of the service rep to look at my car an hour after my appointment and check-in time. They sent a ranger to my workplace a week later and replaced the part. I had a squeak from the driver side window when it was wet and moving. Ranger called out a week later and resolved with silicone spray. It's the first time I bought a brand new car, so I would hate shoddy after sales service from them.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I gotta say, the ranger service is one aspect of Tesla service which is really undersold. I only know about it from people here, can't see it advertised anywhere

It's a fantastic idea for a service, I wish other brands would copy it. But they probably don't want to rock the boat with their dealership network

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Had an ICCU issue with a 18month old Kia EV6. Kia care was excellent, AA collected the car & dropped to main dealer in another county & Enterprise delivered out a rental car. Car due back in a few days - so far to good

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

What issue did you see on the car warning lights and 12 volt battery dying?

Are they replacing the ICCU & Fuse?

Just be careful, someone had a car recently were they first tried to just replace the fuse. But after that figured out they had to replace the ICCU (as that then went pop) then had to be ordered. Worth checking with them what parts they ordered and are fitting.

It is best going by others experience and that on other forums that they replace both.

Advertisement