Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Drought conditions?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Same here in tipp,nothing but a strong breeze and intermittent spells of sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well yesterday broke my relatively dry spell 😁 (near Roscrea)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see this thread has gone quiet so the drought is definitely over, but are the soil moisture deficits back to normal everywhere. I ask because the land is still quite dry here. We did actually escape a lot of the downpours this past week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I had a lot of rain and the growth has been huge. 15km to my North didn’t see much at all.

Field Conditions

Soil moisture deficits (SMDs) currently range from 19 to 74mm across all soil types, with the driest soils in parts of Galway and the southeast, with lower deficits in the southwest and midlands. Growth is therefore restricted in most areas. SMDs will decrease slightly in the week ahead due to generally unsettled conditions. SMDs will likely fall back to between 10 and 55mm for most of the country, with the driest conditions persisting in the southeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Yesterday's map. Kerry only had half what it needed. I've had 25mm since Saturday. 34 for the month

• Advertisement
Advertisement