Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillip Schofield steps down from ITV after affair with "much younger male"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,207 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Read the timeline of him and this young fella it is creepy AF at the very least if not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I mean he was a director of the company that the young man was involved in. Hardly a hangable offense to follow someone on twitter, particularly if there's a mutual interest.

No idea what's going on,but I'd be wary of condemning anyone without a shred of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

None of that is speculation though. Those are all facts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Well if he knew Schofield maybe he badgered him for the job and they started a relationship when working together.

See, alternative realities exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Lol talk about speculation. Dunno why people are going out of their way to excuse this behaviour. He's lost his job and been dropped by his agent because of it but yeah he did nothing wrong and the boy was asking for it 🙄

• Advertisement

If a Conservative MP in the UK behaved in exactly the same way with an underage girl, you can be 100% certain that the people making excuses for Schofield would be all over it.

Some things should be beyond politics. And the likes of James O'Brien and others coming up with bizarre deflections, when all that's needed is condemnation of what Schofield actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,717 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Am I missing something here? Has Schofield committed any crime? Reading about grooming and paedophilia here..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭batman75

It's very interesting that Schofield specifically mentioned that his relationship with the young man was legal. This tells me he is terrified that he might be done for sex with a minor He is 34 years older than this boy. That would mean when the boy turned 16, the legal age of consent in England Schofield was 50.

The general feeling is that Schofield's coming out back in 2020 was prompted by the pending publication of an article in the newspapers. Curiously enough their is a video on youtube from 1998 where Julian Clary not so subtly tells us that Schofield is gay at a performance where the latter is in the audience.

It seems inconceivable that Schofield can come back from this. Apparently Schofield being gay was common knowledge in the media world so the whole coming out thing was a sham one which Holly willingly participated in.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Astartes

We haven't heard from the young lad yet but I have a feeling the police have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

His career is over even if he hasn't done anything technically illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The fact this is all coming now as the brother has been jailed makes it vile, he may not have been with the boy until of consent age but he covered for his brother and why all the lies, cover ups etc.,, ITV, Holly, This Morning etc., all should be blamed imho

He first met the boy when he was very young, in primary school by the looks of it

Apparently Schofield knew of the crimes his brother committed but kept it quiet, instead telling his brother not to do it again.

Footage has been unearthed of Schofield with the person in question. Almost 4 million views now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

In Ireland with the different age of consent he'd be arrested, in UK he'll get a high 5 from his fellow ''Daddies''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

If you earn your living from being paid to be in the public eye, by definition, you need the public to keep you there. Your career can be over if the public don’t like what you do with your willy- it’s doesn’t have to be an illegal act.

Personally I think Phil is a complete creep- being a creep isn’t a crime but it’s hard for TV producers to make money out of creeps - it’s much easier to make money from people who aren’t creeps and liked by the public- so yeah his career is over because simply the vast vast majority of the public now believe he’s a creep.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RNFoxtrot threadbanned

Holly Willoughby breaks her silence with a short statement released on Instagram.

Despite her words, many people are finding it hard to believe she didn't know what was going on, given how close she and Phil have been over the past decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,324 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Has Gordon the Gofer been reached for comment yet?

In this clip Gordon were clearly being plied with Cactus juice.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The following are also threadbanned for making potentially defamatory comment

StevenToast

rapidash_2023

Citizen Six

Gusser09

More may follow when I geta chance to go through the rest of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

This has nothing to do with Schofield being gay. And if he tries to pull the “homophobia” card then it will only make him appear more odious.

It appears that he may have abused his very very significant power in his workplace in a relationship with a very young very very junior colleague.

Not only that but it appears he lied to his employer his colleagues his co presenter and his agent, repeatedly on this matter in order to save his own career. Add this to the fact that he treated his wife and children appallingly and he is where he is today.

Nothing to do with his sexual preferences. A predator is a predator in any guise.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They all knew and now are back tracking covering their own ass

Holly Willoughby statement - "It's taken time to process yesterday's news. When reports of this relationship first surfaced, I asked Phil directly if this was true and was told it was not. It's been very hurtful to now find out that was a lie."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,483 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wasn't aware of this until today, but being dropped by his agency suggests there's a good reason to distance themselves from him.

I feel sorry for his daughters having to deal with all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Years ago there was an odd story about Schofield being seen running around his garden in the middle of the night, naked and brandishing a shotgun. At the time he said he was trying to shut up the birds in a tree. Very strange behaviour at the least but now you might wonder if there was something else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Holly is desperately trying to distance herself so that brand Holly isn't damaged .I do feel very sorry for his family though .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The possible reason why Eamon and Ruth fell out with him was Ruth raising concerns of inappropriateness with ITV bosses about his relationship/infidelity with the runner. Thereafter they lost their guest co-presenter gig on This Morning. There was the obvious speculation about the reasoning behind their rift but nothing was confirmed. When Schofield came out the speculation turned towards if Eamonn and/or Ruth were homophobic following this. Again nothing about such speculation transpired and Schofield iirc said nothing about such rumours to quell them either. The bosses were in this case aware of what was going on and nothing was done beyond demoting the whistleblower. There is understandably palpable anger from Holmes' tweets/words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

The Mirror are saying that This Morning is to be axed - why would it be axed if everything was above board with Phil and this person? Seems there might be a much bigger scandal here.

A woman being interviewed on GB News right now is saying she reckons there are far more people who have been silenced and that there are other injunctions in place that the media aren't allowed to report.

It’s really about brand “This Morning”- it’s a very long standing brand that’s been severely damaged- if the grey suits, accountants and marketeers deem it a toxic brand then there’s no question they’ll retire it and all associated with it, and start again- it’s a wait and see game but I wouldn’t put money on Holly being around in Septembers line up and she may well be “encouraged” to consider her position sooner. It’s no longer about “the person” it’s about the shows brand- every time she appears on that same sofa with the same show title, that’s a reminder to all about Philip- I don’t see the marketeers being comfortable with any of that.

And “by above board” about Philip what exactly are you saying? He lied about having an affair with a much younger Co worker to his employer, his Co host and lord knows who else- how exactly is that “above board”? And how can a show continue with such a presenter? Do you know even the slightest thing about how tv stations make money?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I’d put money on it TBH, that’s how sure I am it will be gone by Autumn at latest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,218 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

is anyone surprised by this? it was apparent he had an affair, else how does he realise he's gay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Tork

Even if no more sordid revelations come out about Phillip Schofield's private life, the show's brand is toxic. He seems to have been difficult to work with and he fell out with a lot of people over the years. Even if we give Holly Willoughby the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his private life, she has to have seen him being horrible to other people on set. She turned a blind eye to a lot of things and that's going to damage her too. It's ironic that the close friendship she had with Schofield, which made the show, is now going to break it.

Advertisement