Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIL 23-24

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Jesus biggest bottlejob of all time by terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

what channel? online?

edit… just found it on the TG4 player. all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭OldRio

Delighted for Con.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭OldRio

TG4. Rewatch it on the app.

• Administrators Posts: 53,457 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

terenure were awful against 14 men. Against 13 for a while and I think against 12 at one point too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yes, just heard Marcus interview Johnny Holland and it sounded like they were down to 12 for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Terenure just couldn't exploit their numerical advantages. Con defence was great, the try saving tackle in the corner was unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭luke9311

unlucky chico flores! james taylor was excellent throughout the whole game….. kinda questionable how nure country capitalise on a 3 man advantage at one stage and put the game to bed. But cons defensive was super throughout tbh specially the cover tackle on phillips in the second half. Hard not to see a few players call it a day from either side after todays final…..

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Don't know what was said during the week but Con's defense was a bit porous, last week.

Great result for the league

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Jesus, you wouldn't have a clue the club showpiece was just played if national media was anything to go by

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭PMC83

Would they be better off with a smaller stadium for the final? A crowd of 7,000 odd looks pretty sparse in the Aviva

They did that before, in Athlone, and it was crap.

It's not a provincial competition so the province stadia are non runners.

I've played in Lansdowne road (hate marketing names), with a few hundred there and the acoustics are fantastic. Sounds so loud

• Administrators Posts: 53,457 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I imagine playing in lansdowne is a huge occasion for the players and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Not at all. These are the highlight and most prestigious club competitions and deserve to be showcased on the main pitch of our national Rugby stadium. There isn't enough club finals played in the aviva. The terenure crowd were great. Lower crowd than I thought from Con but the attendance is irrelevant and can be built on.

Having the women's final as a curtain raiser was good though disappointing crowd for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭StormForce13

The womens final was a cracking game; but I presume that both teams were missing their best players after yesterday's 6Ns match - which seems a shame for both the players involved and the league itself.

Nure's poor discipline in the second half (I missed the first half) was utterly dreadful; from what I saw, Con richly deserved the win.

WWas in the ground but saw f all of both games...

Yeah both teams missing players because of 6 nations. Shame as you say for players, the clubs and league.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

great result for Con, played well with 14 and even 13 , thought Nures half backs not great

curious to why result better for league, think nure only won it once ?

Only Con have won it, outside Dublin, since 2010.

The league is concentrating in Dublin and that's not good for grass roots

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

A superb win by Con, well deserved. It was a bit of a bottle job by Terenure, Egan as a make shift 10 didn't help matters either. De Buitléar was a huge loss for them. Thought Con's entire pack was superb, albeit discipline was very poor at times. Terenure's line-out was shambolic for majority of game & their maul defence was very poor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Well done Cork Con on a really gutsy performance and a great season. It was a super game and I really thought Terenure would kick on when Con got that red card. The tackle from Bowen exemplified the guts and never give up spirit that Con had. Hard luck to Terenure but they should be very proud of an excellent season. The woman's final was a great game of rugby as well and well done to UL Bohs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Well done Cork Con, better side won yesterday

Plenty of blood and guts and no little skill. Absolutely deserved it on the day

Good season all round, and we go again and let the recruitment merry go round begin

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

At a guess

1A- Dylan Donnellan

1B - Alex Molloy

2A - Willie Coffey

2B - David Whitten

2C - one of the Clogher Valley lads -wouldnt know enough

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭luke9311

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Ail awards were this evening

Jack kelleher Cork Con 1A

Ronan Watters (marys) 1B

Willie coffey (Nenagh) 2A

John Devine (corinthians) 2B

Callus Smyth (clogher) 2C

SSean Skehan coach of season

Post edited by Lost Ormond on

Teams Named For Munster development v North munster ail clubs xv.

Good to see this and a game against a South Munster ail clubs xv is to happen next season

Would be good to see this happen in other provinces as well

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Munster Are saying this will happen on Regular basis. It's happened in leinster and ulster before but hopefully we see it on regular basis at start and end of season toa cknowledge the club players and club game

• Advertisement
Advertisement