Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIL 23-24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Hopefully Ballyclare get up. They were unbeaten one season but due to covid nothing happened then Instonians and Clogher Valley happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

All the playoffs to decide final teams in each division

1A/1B playoffs
    Shannon v Old Belvedere
    Old Wesley v Garryowen

1B/2A
    Queen’s v Banbridge
    Cashel v MU Barnhall

2A/2B
    UL Bohs v Sligo
    Corinthians v Wanderers

2B/2C
    Dolphin v Enniscorthy
    Galwegians v Bruff

2C/RR
    Bangor v Ballyclare or Monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Are there rules that determine what academy players Wegians can use? Do they have to have played a certain amount during the regular season?

Think academy players can play with out restrictions even in playoffs. Contracted players for sivision 1 have to play a specified amount to play in playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codonnell1

Rules on eligibility -

(i)

Subject to compliance with the provisions of this regulation 9.14.1, clubs in Division 1A and 1B may select a maximum of six Provincially Contracted Players (excluding Development and Academy players) in its panel of players for an All Ireland League or Cup match, only three of whom may be a forward.

(ii)

To be eligible for a Club's final four matches in the regular season of the League competition those selected Contracted Players shall have started and played a minimum of the first half of three All Ireland League matches in that League season.

(iii)

To be eligible for the League play-off matches between clubs in Division 1A and 1B those selected Contracted Players shall have started and played a minimum of the first half of four All Ireland League matches during that season.

(iv) Provincially Contracted Players are not permitted to play in the League play-off

(v)

matches between clubs in Division 1B and 2A.

IRFU Nationally Contracted Players may only play in rounds 1 to 14 of Division

1A and 1B of the League in exceptional circumstances and then only with the approval of the National Competitions Committee.

(vi)

In the event of an IRFU Nationally Contracted Player being granted permission to play in a League or Cup match then only five Provincially Contracted Players may play for that club.

(vii)

(viti)

IRFU Foreign Contracted Players may not play in the All Ireland League.

Players deemed as Development Players by the IRFU may only play in Divisions

1A-2B of the League. They cannot play in Division 2C.

(ix)

No more than two such Development players can be listed in any AIL match day squad in Division 2A or 2B.

(x)

Once a Development player has made either 6 starts or 10 appearances (including starts) for their provincial team in a season, they will no longer be eligible to play for a Division 2A or 2B club in that season.

(xi)

No Development player may play in the promotion/ relegation matches between clubs in Division 2B and 2C

(xii)

(xiii)

Academy contracted players may play in the League and Cup without restriction

Nationally or Provincially contracted players may not play in the Bateman Cup if a

Division 1 club is drawn against a Division 2 club.

(xiv) The release of any Contracted Players is at the discretion of each Branch Provincial

Director of Coaching.

An application by a Province or Club to the National Competitions Committee for its determination, subject to a maximum approval of one contracted player per club, for a player returning from a protracted injury or other unforeseen circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Well done to Ballyclare on their promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Wasn't sure where to post this but went with the AIL thread

Hope the mods don't mind me putting up a Fund Me Tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Great match in Cork

Brilliant skills and fantastic weather.

Con move to the final

Saw all of wesley garryowrn then drove over to nure to see some of nure lansdowne.

Nice open game jn donnybrook. Garryowen deserved winners.

Massive crowd in lakelands. Great atmosphere.

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2024/04/20/energia-all-ireland-league-mens-divisions-play-off-results-round-up/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭ljsulster

Anyone know the Queens team that played today v Bann

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Sunday at 4 for the AIL final is a real "**** you" to teams not in Dublin

Havent seen it yet. Have the clubs put it up anywhere?

Maybe but all other playoffs are saturday and having the top flight final on next day doesnt take from them.

And could be to allow it be shown on tv as tg4 have coverage and theyve 2 urc games saturday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭ljsulster

Thanks. Impressive result from QUB considering the players they were missing.
    Good season from Bann-regrouped well after relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭luke9311

great crowd attendance wise for nure Lansdowne long time since I seen a crowd that big for an ail game

Is Shannon dropping v the 4th placed team in 1B not a huge surprise? I was surprised by this and by the margin of defeat especially at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

I watched cork con and clontarf as only game i had time to watch all weekend, and it was an absolute cracker. I'd highly recommend tuning into the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I was surprised but in fairness I don't thing the quality is much different between the bottom of 1A and the top of 1B, with the obvious exception of St Mary's College who ran away with the 1B title. Shannon won just 5 games all season, I suspect the morale was low going into the game

• Advertisement

DIVISION 1A PROMOTION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Garryowen (3rd, Div 1B) v Old Belvedere (4th, Div 1B), Dooradoyle

DIVISION 1B PROMOTION/RELEGATION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Queen’s University (9th, Div 1B) v MU Barnhall (3rd, Div 2A), Dub Lane

DIVISION 2A PROMOTION/RELEGATION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

UL Bohemian (9th, Div 2A) v Galway Corinthians (2nd, Div 2B), Annacotty

DIVISION 2B PROMOTION/RELEGATION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Dolphin (9th, Div 2B) v Galwegians (2nd, Div 2C), Virgin Media Park

DIVISION 2C PROMOTION/RELEGATION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Bangor (9th, Div 2C) v Monkstown (All-Ireland Provincial League Championship runners-up), Upritchard Park

Going to bohs corinthians. Hopefully rain holds off. Anyone else going to game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm just about to walk down to dooradoyle.

I am presuming a 14.30 kick-off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Good win for Corinthians. Did any of the academy players stand out to you? I think Bryan Walsh in the second row is still in school.

Corinthians totally deserved the win. Once the game settled down and they got enough ball there was only going to be one winner Nash, Barrett, Walsh, flynn very good. Naughton was superb.

Bangor14 monkstown 19

Dolphin 19 Galwegians 25

Garryowen 34 Old Belvedere 3

Queens 20 Barnhall 18

UL bohs 21 Corinthians 35

Oo Monkstown promoted to 2C. Bangor back junior

Galwegians up to 2B and Dolphin relegated to 2C

Corinthians promoted to 2A and UL Bohs relegated to 2B

Queens and Barnhall stay in 1B and 2A respectively

Garryowen promoted to 1A and Belvedere stay in 1B

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Cork Con hanging onto a lead at half-time praying, praying they win. The league needs terenure to lose.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

hard to see Terenure lose this now.

Cork Con discipline is appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Only catching it now, was watching the hurling but Con seems to be in track to have had a great win

Advertisement