Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bus routes in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭minimary

I defer to your superior knowledge as I don't know much about planning but ABP have it listed in their weekly lists under "decided cases" and when I googled what objections withdrawn mean this came up "the situation is very different in relation to the withdrawl of an appeal. An appeal can be withdrawn by an appellant at any time prior to the determination of the case by An Board Pleanala. Where an appeal is withdrawn (or all the appeals where there is more than one), the original decision of the planning authority takes effect." https://kildareplanner.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/can-an-objection-or-appeal-be-withdrawn/

Ah ok so that applies where a planning authority, e.g. Galway City Council, granted/refused permission for something, let's say a house. That gets appealed to ABP and if that appeal is pulled then the original decision by GCC would stand.

For the cross city link the planning authority in this instance is ABP. GCC/NTA are the ones applying for permission.

Maybe this application is fully decided, I can't tell from the info on the site. Would be great if it was as they're hoping to start construction before the end of the year.

Advertisement