Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Mass Shootings Megathread - read OP

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

38% of Americans publicly admit to owning at least one firearm but the real figure is thought to be up to 50%.

There are two problems here to my mind

1. Who is getting access to guns that shouldn't be (lax or non-existent background checks) - the Republican problem

2. The Democrat problem. On the one hand some Democrats call for people to give up guns entirely - essentially asking people to give up a means of defence for their families that they are used to having.

Yet the Democrats themselves have overseen an explosion in crime in some major cities that they control through making the justice system impotent and giving perpetrators extra rights.

It's a very hard sell to convince people to give up their guns when your track record suggests it's in their interests to hold on to them.

You are asking people to give up their protection when they know gangs and criminals get to keep theirs and won't be punished adequately by the very people advocating ordinary citizens give up their guns.

It can't be both ways. The best argument to encourage the giving up of guns is to have a justice system that works and is harsh on criminals. Something the Democrats generally don't support.

I can see increased background checks soon enough but I don't see any resolution to the gun issue beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trumplodyte parents of a HS mass shooter sentenced to prison for their role in ignoring and enabling their murderous spawn. US should do more of this, send a message to gun owners that this is serious s**t.

https://www.salon.com/2024/04/09/parents-of-michigan-school-shooter-ethan-crumbley-sentenced-to-10-to-15-years-in/

The son was already sentenced to life without parole.

Follow one of the embedded links to the letter from the mom expressing her admiration of TFG. Said she'd like to be grabbed by the nethers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,837 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,581 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭randd1

I'm sure thoughts and prayers will sort it out all out at this time which also isn't the time to talk about gun control.

Advertisement