Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Booking the table to avoid the 'northsider boozers' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

the (slim) possibility of 3 english teams and one Irish remaining in the competition at dinnertime today is fascinating considering budgets and squads.

The possibility if Two english, one french and one Irish is equally interesting in the context of their leagues, resources and ability to attract marquee players.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah. The Premiership teams get written off a lot but 2/4 semi finalists is a great return and Exeter, if they don't win, will go down swinging against a sporting and financial behemoth in Toulouse.

Looking at Bordeaux v Quins. Both sides fantastic to watch yet full of players who don't quite have it at international level.

Could be some great games left in this tournament and any of them could win really.

the amazing thing about exeter is their ability to stay compeditive while losing so many influential and excellent players. They really are a well run club both on field and off field.

• Advertisement

Are the rules different in club and international rugby as regards on field decisions?

Throughout the 6N it was repeatedly stated that refs had to give a decision, even if unsighted. In the CC refs are not making decisions in the same situation and waiting for the TMO.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Have noticed the same in Super Rugby, refs saying they don't have a decision...I thought they needed to make a yes/no decision? Have they brought in a new option?

I hope they have. 'Prove my stab in the dark wrong' is an awful premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

As long as it's a clearly defined process, I'd agree...but we shouldn't go back to refs not making any decisions on field and everything being fobbed off on the TMO. A prescribed wording to go to the TMO with when they didn't see what happened - sure. Use the wording to force them to only use that option when they and the assistant are unsighted, otherwise they'll just play it safe like they used to.

Onfield - try, onfield - no try, onfield - no view, or something like that. I think the clear and obvious standard applied against the onfield decisions is a good framework, and wouldn't like to see that lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Game on in Toulouse..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

Exeter have started very well.

Cant see busby getting the freedom of the city of Toulouse anytime soon.

great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gneel

Incredible to have Ramos on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clearout needs looking at

This is one complicated decision for the ref, clear out looks dodgy too.

looks like penalty try to me

good call. Blue knock on.

Dunno how that clear out is considered legal.

• Advertisement

Who are people cheering for here? I'd like Toulouse gone and I love a good underdog win and Exeter have been going great… but three English teams in the last four just seems wrong!

exeter getting every single decision going their way.

Currently I'm team Busby, he clearly doesn't like Toulouse and gives zero fvcks!

I'd probably lean towards Exeter, get rid of Toulouse.

The amount of off feet at the breakdown is gas, both sides getting away with it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

that was too easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭50HX

Is the hear goin to be a factor for Exeter in the 2nd half I wonder

Bit of a sickener seeing French and English u20 players going straight into Champions Cup and international games and looking right at home while our lads basically disappear into the AIL for 3 years.

Toulouse just shifted up a gear and I don't see Exeter having an answer. But they've done it before...

They're just having the craic now.

Exeter looking more and more disorganised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jesus.

Toulouse have ripped Exeter to shreds in these ten minutes.

Advertisement