Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

McManus is also saying it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,380 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

10 years ago if you would have said Belgium World Champion - I would have said - Soccer? Darts?

What snooker? Go away outta that. But it could happen.

How much has Selby got in the well to fight back now? It is now at the stage where if Brecel wins it - fair dues. If Selby wins it fair dues. Hard to begrudge either winning it from the way they played.

But if a Belgian wins the world championship suddenly it opens up Germany/Holland/France etc to snooker - big style.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Another great session for Luca.

He has lit up the Crucible this past forthnight. One of the most deserving winners, he had never won a match at the Crucible before his nail biter against Ricky Walden, then had to go through Willo, Ronnie, Si and now Selby. Assuming he can close it out now and win three more frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The only person that can beat Brecel now is himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Xander10

Brecel will know well from his game with Si, it ain't over until it's over.

I hope he gets it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

I like Joe "He's not hard enough" 😆 Johnson

good a shotcaller as any - only negative for me is his eyesight don't seem to be the best; esp when there's a distance between cueball & object ball, and it's too close to definitively call whether ball can be hit or can go past another one towards/into the pocket - in that it may be a snooker or a tight pot; then he don't always get it right in them circumstances

"you're skin, oh yeah you're skin and bone" is best reason for cutting over to t'Beeb 'tween frames 😂 😒 ad's annoying as fooque !!

hon Luca :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Cycling World Champion is what you are looking for there. Easily the most popular sport in Belgium.

Cycling, Luca Brecel and chips covered in mayonnaise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hopefully Brecel can win it from here, but, if anyone can grind his way back into it, it's Selby, he's like the grimm reaper, just never gives up. I've made a few attempts at watching the final, each time I do Selby starts winning, hate to see him winning, so immediately switch off, when I check back on the score again Brecel, has added a few more frames when I'm not watching, start watching again and Selby starts winning again so switch off again, then Brecel adds a few more when I'm not watching. As it's at the business end of the final I've decided not to watch anymore in case Selby starts winning again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I can see Selby making a comeback but it'd be too little too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Feck I thought BBC would at least give us Hendry in the commentary box for the final session. They love Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,049 ✭✭✭✭walshb

16-10 here hopefully

Fook me…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And he's off again.

Bloody hell!

Yeah I don't like Coldplay at all as bland as a one trick pony as you could get.

There is a question what is the snooker equivalent of Coldplay? Most of their songs sound the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

This lad is fearless. The shots he is taking on are such a breath of fresh air.

Ken Doherty's mother didn't watch his Final back in 1997 - so I suppose @Girly Gal is in good company.

But to it does show what a Brecel win would do for the sport of snooker - way more casual snooker watchers will be drawn in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That red he missed was handy in comparison to the black he just potted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,257 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What a start to the session by Brecel, bloody hell.

First sign of Brecel nerves missing that red? Bound to have a few wobbles surely?

My goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 31,257 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

True, there's been a bit of a dearth of new names popping up that really engage. But I'm very excited to watch a lot more of Brecel, and Si as well. Been brilliant to watch.

World final as an exhibition match

What a shot, still fearless stuff from Brecel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Stop it Luca

Luca was trying to nip a bit of pocket with that red so he could hold for the black. Can happen

• Advertisement

Normally you'd say rerack. But don't think Selby wants it.

Advertisement