Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion - Spring 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Amazing display in swords, can't remember a storm with that frequency of strikes/rumbles for many a year. Pity it wasn't dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fierce lightning over Naas and torrential rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Thunder & lightning all around in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Quite an impressive show in Clondalkin. It's been quite a while since we had this much lightning. Almost constant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Firing on all cylinders in North Dub, most impressive display for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Friend is sending loads of thunder to me she lives in firhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Met Eireann nailed this one, credit where its due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Very loud thunder now and can see flashes. It’s almost constant now. Rain starting

I don’t like thunderstorms, seriously heavy one shaking my building in south Dublin. I see a lot of flights skirting away from Dublin airport on FlightRadar24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Relentless now in Ballsbridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Insane! Never have I ever heard rolling thunder in Ireland before

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

All quiet now in Greystones except for the odd very distant rumble (probably from Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

So jelious of Dublin

It’s mental around Milltown D6

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Savage thunder and lightning in D14 now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I can see the lightning strikes over Dublin from Greystones. Some impressive strikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Mental, no other words….

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pnott

Delighted that folks in Dublin won big with this one. Disappointed that us folks in Wicklow seem to have missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Max video size you can post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

CG forks now toward Howth direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Still flashing in D13, constant for last 30 mins.

Crap hearing so no idea about thunder but I presume it's there.

Shame it's not dark out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Unreal thunder and lightning here in Dublin 16. Like one you’d see in America

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think I saw a CG strike at Summerhill about 10 minutes ago, hard to tell but a couple in the Clontarf/Raheny direction and a GC strike in/around Fairview a minute ago. There seems to be multiple cells active and not at all easy to nail down where lightning is as it can stretch across 3-4 kilometres of cloud along with frequent flashes. Tbh I'm not sure I can say something was cloud to ground or vice versa just from seeing it, just seeing one part and then following it is not really accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Nothing happening in D15 (very sad)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Congratulations Dublin! ⚡

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Better off using youtube or twitter and sharing the url tbh

Sweet mercy it's loud! I haven't heard thunder this loud in years! The rain is absolutely torrential.

And the lightning flashes! One was so bright it hurt my eyes and now I'm seeing spots and colours.

(At least I got my washing - and my cats - in before it started).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah fork lightning as well, best lightning show I've seen since living in the Pacific North West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Wow we missed out on this entirely in South Wicklow. It passed just to my north I could see the flashes from the top of a nearby hill. Heard maybe 3 or 4 rumbles here but that was it, just raining now. Glad the folks in Dublin got a show though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

That was some show. I haven't experienced thunder quite like it in this neck of the woods. Frequent thunder and lightning.

It has calmed down in the last few minutes. The storm is making its way to the Irish Sea now.

Advertisement