Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of Trek

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I'm not sure Star Wars "Movies" are pure "Anatology" in that they do tie themselves in the main story line (canon) at some point, with plot point or character history. But I do get your point and agree with in general terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I had to get back to you @AMKC about this "recommendation". I think our perspectives on good shows are so similar, yet so far apart. This is quite possibly the worst acted, worst written, and worst CGI in a long time. It reminds me of Another Life, but worse.

However, I cannot stop watching the damn thing. It's like this perfect stew of bad that makes it enjoyable. Essentially it's East Enders in space! On the penultimate episode now after binging the past couple of days....

Really f**king bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

Peak Trek in 2023

2022 and 2023 are a fulfillment of a vision outlined in the early days of CBS All Access (now called Paramount+), when executives talked of year-round Star Trek on the streaming platform.

Paramount has confirmed they will be cutting back spending on content overall as the media industry moves into a new phase of the streaming era.

^^^ https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/01/the-future-of-star-trek-tv-remains-unclear-as-paramount-announces-streaming-spending-cuts/

Terry Matalas Gives ‘Star Trek: Legacy’ Update; Alex Kurtzman Hears Fans “Loud And Clear”

These shows are expensive to make. They currently have two shows, with Strange New Worlds and Starfleet Academy [beginning production in 2024] and I think Paramount would have to financially justify a third one. I think the way they look at it is that they’re well-stocked. So unless fans can convince them otherwise, that’s certainly the point of view at the moment.

Alex and I talk all the time. If it’s something that’s going to be done, we want to make sure we don’t rush into it. We want to make sure we do it right. That’s where we’re at with it, I say coyly. At the moment, there’s nothing developed on it. But we talk all the time.

So mainly just talks at present, budget and money rules. With S31 been made a movie and plans to have movies every 2 years, 'Legacy' or other possible shows could end up as Movies?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'd be shocked if they didn't make "Legacy". Nearly anything that's popular, even within a bad show like Discovery, gets a spinoff.

If its a show that contains the likes of Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner as permanent cast members, then I'm all for it. The cast of characters that's left on the Enterprise G at the end of Picard wouldn't be nearly strong enough to carry a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Spiner is 74

Frakes is 70

I doubt either of them would commit to anything other than a guest role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe sure they are only young lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

Aswell as being one of the stars of the show this last season, Frakes directed two episodes. I'd say he'll be fine to go again.

Advertisement