Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW / DGW Discussion 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Registered Users Posts: 32,995 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn’t wildcard. I ended up deciding I didn’t like GW26 as a wildcard spot for me. I was just mentioning how the timing of when a wildcard becomes opportunistic can have massive swings like that, that don’t ultimately come down to skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I checked what points my pre-wildcard team would have scored over the weekend (glutton for punishment, me) and it actually wouldn't have done that much better. The old team would be only 7 points better off, but I still have two players to go tonight, so really there's nothing in it. I think what I'm really trying to say is that both my pre and post wildcard teams are **** lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

I would have been 40 points better if I didn't wildcard, salah nunez Trent alone making that up, sick but on paper was the good decision, stupid game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

My bench for 27 will be same apart from Schar (hopefully fit) over Botman. BB could be an option. Will plan out my BB 29 bench and compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

After going back over it, I'd have been 11 points better off as would had to take a -4 to field 11. 65 Vs 50. Taught it would have been worse TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah it felt worse with Salah going off, I never had Darwin, Gakpo, Trent, and all the big Arsenal lads blanked too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

There is always the option for me to play Martinelli this week....and bench Haaland! But I'll never do it haha

Starting to edge towards WC28/FH29.

United are a team I would have liked to attack with a 33WC but will they even have any remaining focus on PL by 33 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

I'm probably going with BB in GW29. I have 2 FT now and trying to fit in a few DGW players. Actually thinking of getting a Brentford forward in for Haaland for a few weeks and leaning towards Mbeumo 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thinking of a BB29, WC 30-33 option. A -4 gets me 12 DGW players, Saka, Martinelli and White (all home to Leeds) in DGW29. I'd have 3 DGW playes in 27 and 10 players in 28.

I'm sure it will all go to s* with injuries/late arrivals after the International break, but it looks good for now.

This is gonna be one of the most open captain polls that I remember this week. In my squad alone...

• Toney (eve, sou)
    • Kane (NFO)
    • March/Mitoma (lee, CRY)
    • Haaland (cry)
    • Rashford (SOU)
    • Saka (ful)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

According to the poll now, Toney has 4 x as many votes as 2nd place and has more votes than all the other choices combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Thinking something similar atm.

I would normally wildcard into a BB but this would be a way around that I guess.

And it would allow a gamble on getting rid of Haaland for a couple of weeks and popping him back in on WC.

Is there another big DGW on the horizon (GW 33/34)?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think DGW 34(ish) would only be 4 teams? so big but not massive

I think Man Utd / Man City / Chelsea / Brighton are likely to be the teams invovled as Man Utd & Chelsea are scheduled to play the weekend of the FA Cup semi finals along with Man Utd likely to play the FA cup that GW. Man City are also likely to play and Brighton just have loads of games to rearrange + might also play FA cup semis too.

I think there are 4 games to be rearranged at present. There will be 2 more (barring massive upsets in the QF) for FA Cup SF postponements. As Brighton will be involved in 3 of them, the max extra games in any week will be 4.

On the upside, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool may have a DGW in the same week.

Im on the sell Haaland train and get him back on WC.

I was looking to hold Haaland through the blanks and him having a single game in the DGW.

But I wonder is Salah a better option to have?

His big game record is brilliant so I wouldn't be fazed by his fixtures. Not sure if I would captain him or not though, given the other fixtures in the GW. Of course, it would be easier to have a DGW player with better fixtures but I think I might want him for the run in where he will probably play 90 mins every game given Liverpool will probably be out of the other competitions. Liverpool have top 4 to play for I don't want to book in too many transfers after a WC.

Haaland may be rotated or have reduced minutes.

or is recency haul bias at play here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

My draft plan is to WC on or after GW29. Set myself up for 34 and 37. Can get through 28 with a -4 Maybe a -8 but that would then be for players doubling in 29 (have Mahrez and Haaland who don't play in 28 and play Liverpool in GW29), and have 9 DGW for GW29 or maybe more depdnding who I bring in. Still have all the chips so can free hit in GW32, bench boost and treble captain in 34/37 or something. Haven't really studied it but just cba dealing with the stress of wildcarding now! and I think I can make up some ground on teams taking hits after gw29 to get back in City / Liverpool / Man Utd players who blank in 28. Im sure I'll edit this post in a few days when I study my plan in more detail and realise it's awful!!

Might have to rethink DDG / Shaw for the DGW with Casemiro missing those games. CS potential is reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, had been planning on Shaw and maybe Fernandes but that red changes things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The last time he got a red card United played Leeds twice and Leicester. They kept a clean sheet against Leicester and in one of the Leeds game so they might be alright. How is he getting so many red cards. That is 2 in the last 3 league games he played.

True actually yeah,you're right. And the fixtures are not exactly great attacking teams - Brentford are probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is there any other GW that should hold off on the free hit - have 8 players going into next week but not great 8 by any stretch. Would be tempted to FH and get a Chelsea player or 3 against Everton - similarly spurs v Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭macraignil

wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

DGW34 confirmed Haaland TC?

Anyone who still has the TC in GW34 has to use it really

That DGW looks like my Free Hit with 4 plum double game weeks for the teams with nice FPL players.

3 Brighton, 3 Liverpool, 3 City, 2 United will get me a nice 22 fixtures that week (rather than my currently planned 16/17 fixtures).

Alternative is to Free Hit in the blank previous and get me from current 10 fixtures to 11 fixtures that week

Nice little team you could put together for that DGW, something like...

Ederson

TAA / Robertson / Shaw (Varane)

KDB / Salah / Rashford / March / Mitoma

Haaland

...plus some bench fodder

Isn’t that largely the players most people would already have though?

I currently have 3 of those, so a FH in 34 is a serious consideration for me. It also means I can keep my Arsenal players and not have to transfer them out.

• Advertisement

For the DGW? I currently only have 4 of those (Rashford, Haaland, Mitoma, March). So would be brining in 7 more DGW players, granted I'd probably have got 2/3 of those on regular transfers anwyay. Free Hit seems the optimal solution for me anyway, get rid of Arsenal trio for one week only

Advertisement