Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW / DGW Discussion 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah, I think it’s viable for sure. Just a matter of figuring out whether the team that does you nicely over that spell, will be the one that serves you nicely until the end (plus whatever remaining transfers you’ll have in the runin)

I think my order of preference for my situation at the moment runs:

1) FH 29 WC33 BB34 (with 11 players in both 28 and 32)

2) WC 28 BB 29 FH 34 (would need to pay more attention to how I navigate 32 and the doubles beyond that)

3)WC 26 BB 29 FH 34

I just like the 27 single game week fixtures a lot, and it makes it less of a clamour to have a tonne of doublers (2 Brentford will probably do me)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

No unfortunately I went hunting differentials for the mini league and wanted to move on

arkowskii, Bueno, de B, Gakpo, Mahrez, Andreas mid and Nketiah.

Also happy to move shaw and ward and go White to Ziko.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

27 is not the best though in terms of DGW players, with just the one. I have plenty good single players though as you have mentioned. I want Toney (who I can have easily for DGW29, but his DGW27 fixtures are better IMO and he might be banned for DGW29 with his yellow card situation).

I've spent some time on it now, and can get good teams out with WC 28 and BB in 29 while also being strong in the weeks following that. It would only be 10 players in 28 though, 11 if I hit in 29. But 29 I will have basically 30 possible fixtures.

I took a big gamble on selling Rashford in GW, hoping that I wouldn't get punished and would get some upside with a DGW player in Gakpo getting a return to cover the hit. He scored 4, which covered it, but now I have to spend that 4 again to buy Rashford back. He had dropped in price so that was a nice small bonus there, but rose again last night so I'm buying back in at a small bit dearer but do-able. Do I gamble on selling Haaland on WC for 28 & 29 where he has a blank & Liverpool after the international break. I could get someone like Toney, Watkins, Felix, Nacho, Wilson, Isak who all have 3 games in that time frame. A baseline of 3 starts would require Haaland to score in 29 to cover that score. Of course that is booking in a transfer for 30, with some extra cash needed, but there is potential for some upside here. Can't believe I wrote that but for a 2 week punt, it could pay off. Watkins could haul against Bournemouth for example and then it has paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think the international break after GW 28 rules this out for me. Couple players get knocks and your BB could be gone out the window and its tricky plan to use it again as you're leaving funds on the bench each GW

Yeah, makes sense then if you want to move back to the template, but that’s probably not that advisable if your rank suffered when hunting the differentials, as you may need to make gains in a few places (I’m like 250k so I’m kind of in this boat also, but my chip strategy feels fairly differential in itself without being that way intentionally).

• Advertisement

By the sounds of it we’re in similar boats. I think if we can go strong enough all the way up to 32 (probably with a FH used along the way) then there is gains to be had from attacking Man United, Man City and Brighton later when they have multiple late season doubles.

Alot of the people who wildcard now won’t be able to carry many of them all the way upto 32, even if they’re enthusiastic about them now, as all 3 teams blank in both 28 and 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gone for a Wildcard this week myself.

• Kepa (Sanchez)
    • Mee / Saliba / Pinnock (Trippier / Schar)
    • Saka / Martinelli / Rashford / Mitoma (March)
    • Kane Haaland Toney

Couple of planned transfers (dangerous I know) gets me a full team for GW28 and 13 doubles plus Kane/Saliba for the BB in GW29.

Big on Brentford, Brighton and Newcastle, triple Arsenal too for now.

Would have liked Raya. the Toney impending suspension could mean trouble too

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Gone very similar to you Shedite also on a WC. Backline is a bit different. Went for Raya,Forster,Henry,Estupian, Shaw, Trippier,Zinc. Wondering am I missing something with Kepa, seen him in loads of WC drafts and I've no idea why as Chelsea look a shambles? I'm still torn between Martenilli and Odegaard, I guess Odegaards minutes are more guaranteed but Martenilli has the higher ceiling. Toneys hearng won't be till April I don't think, but he's a couple Yellows away from suspension just hoping he makes the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Head getting wrecked from it, switched from Sanchez/Mee to Raya/Estupinan. I know I'll get the Brighton mid picks wrong too but going with March & Mitoma so MacAllistar misses out.

Kepa Raya

Estupinan Trippier Botman Henry Zinchenko

Rashford Odegaard Saka Mitoma March

Kane Haaland Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m going with an almost identical team to you. Mee instead of Henry and maybe Gabriel/Martinelli ahead of Zinchenko/Odegaard.

I think I’ll only use one FT in BGW28, Haaland to Watkins. I really like Shaws fixtures so I’m thinking Mee to Shaw in DGW29, and also considering Kane to Haaland, and/or Martinelli to Madison. That would leave me with only 10 players for BGW28, which I’m fairly okay with.

• Advertisement

Going Henry over Mee as apparently he plays as a wing back away from home and he's. 5 cheaper. Martinelli an interesting one, he's hitting form again but will still go Odegaard due to slightly more guaranteed minutes

I'm completely torn on Zinchenko/Gabriel and Martinelli/Odegaard.

However, with Arteta confirming that Nketiah is a doubt for the weekend, and Jesus not fully back, I think it's worth taking the risk on Martinelli. As I said earlier, I migth even move Martinelli on in DGW29.

I'll stick with Zinc and Odegaard I think, haven't really had Ode all season so hoping for a lift from him over the coming weeks, Martinelli served me well over the season though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Strange as it sounds, i'm getting James in on WC

I know he is flagged, but with a good fixture in 28 and a double in 29 I think he could be worth it could just bench till 29 and if not back can just shift to Shaw,

Trippier, Henry, Estup, Zinc are the others, but nothing else stands out as a fun options and only thing slightly of template

Okay, I'm locked in with this:

Kepa Raya

Estupinan Trippier Botman Mee Zinchenko

Rashford Martinelli Saka Mitoma March

Kane Haaland Toney

The 50/50 picks:

Mee simply because he has 3 goals this season and last season.

Martinelli because Nketieh is confirmed as a doubt, he's in form, and I might get rid in DGW29.

Zinchenko because his ceiling is higher. This is the only 50/50 call I'm still hung up on, and may switch last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The same could be said for those wildcarding anytime between now and 29 though?

Are those who are wildcarding now not tempted to use bb in 27? Can't imagine leaving the likes of Rashford or an Arsenal player on the bench.

Rashford at home to Southampton in 27 is better than any DGW player in 27 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing the wildcarders benches next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Hasn't got form or fitness, albeit James is not shining on both fronts, but when fit James is more nailed and versatile and just trust him more, thanks did consider it briefly

• Advertisement

Mine will likely be Kepa vs lei (a), Zinchenko and Martinelli vs Ful (a) and Botman vs Wol (h).

In DGW29 it’ll be Kepa (liv+villa), and the arsenal trio against Leeds at home. Not much in it in fairness but DGW29 makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭COH

My bench this week is looking like Mitoma - Trippier - Shaw 🤣

Similar situation, I'm playing March over Mitoma, what are most people doing?

Sh1t. I was firmly going Mitoma over March. Maybe because he’s higher owned in my leagues. Hard call.

Im also playing Mee ahead of Trippier. Have to imagine Newcastle will concede away to City.

Lol I'm going to swap to Mitoma again, it's so marginal, good luck us

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Kneejerking Sanchez to Steele is stupid isn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I did ha ha, MacAllister was in my drafts too all week but probably would've went Mitoma over him too

• Advertisement

That Salah haul is an absolute belt in the balls for wildcarders. If that scenario pops up even a week later, people hold on to Salah against United no bother.

Advertisement