Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unfriendly county?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Musicrules

That's not an interiority complex, that's the truth. The majority of the people in the other 26 counties did let them down. Badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Musicrules

They probably thought you were going to try to rob them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭randd1

Depends on where you're from and where you are really.

I hate being in Dublin, it looks dirty and rundown, and that's just the people, and half the time the people walking past you are just plain ignorant. And yet, without a doubt, some of the finest people I've ever met were dubs.

Kerry I find a lot of people are a bit up their own hole, but it is Kerry, one of the best places in the country, so they have a lot to be up their own hole about, and because of that have to deal with ar*eholes from everywhere.

I'd have to say Donegal myself. They're usually grand, but for some odd reason they always view you with suspicion and paranoia, even if they know you. If I was to describe Donegal as a county, it's the auld wan at the first house in the village giving you daggers as you drive past so she knows who to blame if something is amiss in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I'm not going to say the unfriendliest.

In a previous job I had to deal with every county.

The friendliest county is Kerry closely followed by Wexford (in a much more subdued way though).

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Lecter8319

Im going to say Mayo, tipperary and kerry. Bunch of ignorant **** and just look at who they elect as their representatives/tds. Some people in south Dublin are a bit up their own ass aswell, full of shite. Galway, Limerick, Cork people, north Dublin, Leitrim, Roscommon people are the friendliest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Dubs are hard beat in the friendliness stakes, very open really.

To the people who said Clare, ye are only cnuts, we're very friendly ye fckers.

Yeah, relatively speaking, the Dubs speak a bit more freely than their country brethren.

In some counties, the constant "I'm not going to say much" type conversations I find absolutely stultifying.

I'm not surprised so many people just hopped a plane for Australia just to get the hell out of there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find Dublin people for the most part very friendly, warm, generous, and above all, they're more inclined to mind their own business.

I grew up in the suburbs of Dublin and have lived in rural Kildare for the latter part of my life. There is a stark difference between the two. In my experience.

"Country" people are quite nosy. They love to gossip. Usually outside the church on a Sunday morning. There's a 'cute hoorism' about a lot of them. They like to feel they have the upper hand.

Obviously there are people in Dublin who fall into the above category. But, it's more prevalent in rural areas in my opinion.

>>>There's a 'cute hoorism' about a lot of them. They like to feel they have the upper hand.

Nail. On. Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

I spent a year in Clare. Found them to be very strange people. Not unfriendly just strange

• Advertisement
Advertisement